Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Words Games, Quizzes, Etc. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   ☆☆☆ The BFP Daily Crossword Game ☆☆☆ (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8308)

Kätzchen 03-25-2017 11:23 AM

☆☆☆ The BFP Daily Crossword Game ☆☆☆

I love crossword puzzles and work on new puzzles daily. I think it's a great way to increase memory and find myself better able to keep my mind active.

If you like doing crossword puzzles too, here's a great way to enjoy a game with other members of our community!

I found a template to use, for the first game. As each crossword puzzle comes to an end, I or anyone else can start a new crossword puzzle template, for the next game. Just be sure the image chosen is one that can be seen easily.

--------☆----------☆-----------☆---------

Puzzle No. 1 Template:
http://www.word-game-world.com/image...rd_puzzles.png

The object to the game is to build upon a word, or any word given, as long as each word given connects to the word last given. :)

In this particular template above, work each section from left to right, as the puzzle progresses along, until the puzzle board is completed.

When submitting a word to the puzzle, state your word, the number of the square being used (if possible), and also state the direction of the word (down or across)

I will start the puzzle, to begin the game:

1-across: BARN (four letters).

Andrea 03-25-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kätzchen (Post 1135109)
I love crossword puzzles and work on new puzzles daily. I think it's a great way to increase memory and find myself better able to keep my mind active.

If you like doing crossword puzzles too, here's a great way to enjoy a game with other members of our community!

I found a template to use, for the first game. As each crossword puzzle comes to an end, I or anyone else can start a new crossword puzzle template, for the next game. Just be sure the image chosen is one that can be seen easily.

--------☆----------☆-----------☆---------

Puzzle No. 1 Template:
http://www.word-game-world.com/image...rd_puzzles.png

The object to the game is to build upon a word, or any word given, as long as each word given connects to the word last given. :)

In this particular template above, work each section from left to right, as the puzzle progresses along, until the puzzle board is completed.

When submitting a word to the puzzle, state your word, the number of the square being used (if possible), and also state the direction of the word (down or across)

I will start the puzzle, to begin the game:

1-across: BARN (four letters).

I love crossword puzzles too and would love to play this with you. Is BARN your clue or is it the word and the next player builds on BARN? It also appears I can't enter anything into the squares so maybe I should print the puzzle to keep track?

Kätzchen 03-25-2017 11:50 AM

Yes, Andrea, BARN is the first word used to get the puzzle started. And, yes, it's a good idea to print off the first template, to keep track of the words used, etc. I am without a printer, so I'm using a math grid sheet of paper to keep track of the puzzle.

I'm so glad you'll play this crossword puzzle game! :)

Andrea 03-25-2017 12:02 PM

1- down BRUT (four letters)

Kätzchen 03-25-2017 12:10 PM

8-across: RIO

(using the word "rio" completes the word for 3-down, which turns out to be "no").

Great play, Andrea!

:)

Andrea 03-25-2017 12:17 PM

2 down - AIT (three letters) combines with 11 - across UT (two letters)

Kätzchen 03-25-2017 12:22 PM

Oh, well done Andrea! It looks like the upper left section of the puzzle is filled. So I think I will move to the upper right second of the puzzle, with the next word:

4-across: Ma'am.

Kätzchen 03-25-2017 02:28 PM

Notes/observations:

An idea came to me that might prove useful, as the puzzle professes along. If an word is used that makes it impossible to build upon or such, then the particular word in question will need to be erased and another word will most likely have to be used. No harm, no foul, when that kind of thing happens. Usually an crossword puzzle comes with sets of clues to work with, when entering an particular term (word) for the answer.

In the present case of the crossword puzzle template, which is being used for the first puzzle to solve, there are no clues. Each participant will need to use a word or term that helps to extend the puzzle in progress.

For example, I've already sort of figured out possible words that cam be used to solve the upper right hand section of the current puzzle in use. I submitted that Ma'am could be used in 4-across. Therefore, possibly as one kind of solution, words such as Am can be used in 5-down; Aim for 6-down; Malt for 7-down; thereby leaving reasonable, actual words or technical abbreviated terms as legitimate solutions for 10-across (Mia) and 14-across (ml, which stands for mili-liters)..

Andrea, if the terms/words used in my example set well with you, I'd like to have you start the next progression of words to be used toward solving the puzzle, by coming up with a word for; 9-down. Whatever you or another person comes up with, then we can begin to solve the mid-section of the puzzle.

Just remember, try to use words that extend toward solving the puzzle. If we find a word that just won't work, we can always erase the word that was used and come up with am alternate word that would work better.

:bouquet:

Andrea 03-25-2017 03:07 PM

9 - down YET (three letters)

Kätzchen 03-25-2017 03:38 PM

12-across: Met (3 letters)

Andrea 03-25-2017 03:58 PM

15 Across - DETER (five letters)

Kätzchen 03-25-2017 04:04 PM

12-down: Messy (five letters)

Your pick, Andrea: 17-across or 13-down or 16-down or 25-across .... :)

Kätzchen 03-26-2017 05:24 AM

16-down: Row (three letters)

***psst, Andrea: if the word I used for 12-down doesn't work, we can erase it. I was thinking yesterday that the letter Y (in, messy) might not work out. Let me know if we need to change the word in 12-down.

Kätzchen 03-26-2017 10:05 AM

Andrea, I got your note about 16-down. You're right, that word needs to be changed. What about changing it to:

16-down: Red (three letters)?

Andrea 03-26-2017 10:45 AM

20-across ASKED (five letters)

Kätzchen 03-26-2017 11:15 AM

21-down: KOA (acrostic for campgrounds, 3 letters).

Note: 13-down .... not sure what type of word could be placed there. Your turn Andrea!

Andrea 03-26-2017 02:29 PM

13-down TENET (five letters)

25-across YOT (three letters)

Kätzchen 03-26-2017 03:12 PM

Oh my, nice work on submitting Tenet! Very nice. :)

17-across: DOS (3 letters)

18-across: NEW (3 letters)

15-down: DOA (acrostic by default, 3 letters)

Your choice, Andrea, on which section of the puzzle we solve next.

Andrea 03-26-2017 04:41 PM

19 down EXAM (four letters)

Kätzchen 03-26-2017 07:26 PM

23-across: XO (two letters)

Not sure if that holds up over time, but we'll see.