Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   grumpy people (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802)

wolfwalker 02-02-2010 11:01 AM

grumpy people

Grumpy People May Be More Evolved

Being intolerant and short-tempered could be a sign of evolutionary superiority.

Researchers at Harvard gave chimpanzees and bonobos, two species of apes that are among the closest living relatives to humans, a variety of reward-based tasks. Chimpanzees, who can be quite grumpy, especially as they age, consistently outperformed the bonobos, who maintain a childlike playfulness throughout their lives.

Victoria Wobble, the project's leader, believes the chimps' ability to put aside their sociability is one of the reasons they are more intelligent and civilized than their genetically similar great ape cousins. She also thinks the evolutionary development of chimpanzees and bonobos could provide insight into our own species.

As for our buddy Oscar, we're pretty sure the well-known grouch is more intelligent than the average green Muppet, but he clearly loses evolutionary points for his squalid living conditions.

SEE? I have said this for years when people tell me I am grumpy LOL

:farmtractor:

wolf

Corkey 02-02-2010 11:07 AM

Finally a thread for me! LOL

Dylan 02-02-2010 11:10 AM

Awesome

Dylan

Jess 02-02-2010 11:11 AM

Heh! Grumble spit sneer...
Mr. GrumpyPants is my other term of endearment..

Deborah 02-02-2010 11:21 AM

I said it before I will say it again....are you and Dude siblings separated at birth?
But we gotta love ya with all your chicken little the sky is falling grumpiness... :sparklyheart:

Rook 02-02-2010 11:29 AM

Hmmm..
EVIDENCE!!!! EVIDENCE !!!
I now have proof I'm an intellectual....
I have a short fuse, lightning quick temper...
And I can really be Grouchy
w00t :cheer:

christie 02-02-2010 11:33 AM

Great... now there is validation of MrGrumpyPants aka The Codger aka The Curmudgeon aka The Ole' Goat...

Just what Hy needed... encouragement :whoop:

Jess 02-02-2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christie0918 (Post 43245)
Great... now there is validation of MrGrumpyPants aka The Codger aka The Curmudgeon aka The Ole' Goat...

Just what Hy needed... encouragement :whoop:

Gotta love a support system! :nixon:

morningstar55 02-02-2010 11:50 AM

I have a stone daddy friend..... and he can get grumpy at times....
i just ignor hys grumpynes when im around hym..
figure hy'll get over it .... lol

Admin 02-02-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfwalker (Post 43227)
Grumpy People May Be More Evolved

Being intolerant and short-tempered could be a sign of evolutionary superiority.
wolf

I must be HIGHLY superior today ;)

Selenay 02-02-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

As if there was ever any doubt.

The_Lady_Snow 02-02-2010 11:53 AM

I do not see it as being grumpy, I may just not like you.

PapaC 02-02-2010 11:54 AM

Fuck grumpyness. Someone make me a coffee.

right.the.fuck.now.

thanks.

Just_G 02-02-2010 12:03 PM

Imagine that....I think I am from the bonobos group!! :riding2: However, I have just enough intelligence to get by in my every day life! :clap:

I am so very rarely grumpy or in a bad mood! But I am not exactly the sharpest crayon in the box sometimes either! :winky: (I am so just kidding!)

Andrew, Jr. 02-02-2010 12:33 PM

Is this a search overload? Laughing

Another Mr. Grumpypants here too.

Jess 02-02-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow (Post 43257)
I do not see it as being grumpy, I may just not like you.

:brightbulb: BRILLIANT!!:brightbulb:

Linus 02-02-2010 01:35 PM

w00t! This explains why I do so well at what I do: I'm a chronic grumpier. :rant:

Gemme 02-03-2010 02:18 AM

And here folks have been telling me all these years that I'm being more evolved when I play Little Miss Nicey Nice.

Hrmph!

Thanks to this study, I have realized that I am sooooo much more evolved than any of you realize. :blink:

~Bo 02-03-2010 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 43541)
And here folks have been telling me all these years that I'm being more evolved when I play Little Miss Nicey Nice.

Hrmph!

Thanks to this study, I have realized that I am sooooo much more evolved than any of you realize. :blink:

I'm not gonna argue with that. :readfineprint: