Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235)

Gemme 08-11-2020 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am (Post 1272821)
Uhm . . . you're right. And I did originally say that I would give a week for signups. I just miscalculated. If you want to sign up, Gemme, I would agree to it. And if this messes up anybody who has already ordered their supplies, let me know, and I'll make it right.

I truly appreciate your offer, Georgia, but a month is too tight of a turnaround for me with this type of project so even though I loved the idea, I won't sign up. Everyone should still be good to go. I just thought the sign up time frame was inappropriate. <--not the word I'm trying to think of but it's late and I'm tired and that's as close as it's going to get at this point

I'm prolly a little testy that no one gave me head's up about it too since I expressed a lot of interest in it but I'm irritated in general right now so I could be wrong about that.

candy_coated_bitch 08-15-2020 09:56 PM

I got my secrets!!! Yay!!! They were all great, thank you everyone who participated! Also thank you, nycfem, for the little gift bag. I so enjoyed opening it.

GeorgiaMa'am 08-17-2020 10:07 PM

My post secrets came too! Wow, we have some great secrets. And I will keep them forever.

GeorgiaMa'am 08-18-2020 07:43 PM

Hello Penpal Friends - I suppose now is as good a time as any to tell those of you who don't already know, I have cancer. Yesterday I found out my surgery will be on September 24. This means that I will have to send out all the Zentangle packets on September 22-23. This also means that everyone must get their packets to me on the final-final due date of September 21, or it will end up sitting in my mailbox for who knows how long, and then who know what will happen to it after the election when Postmaster General Louis DeJoy gets his hands on it again. Your late projects could end up decorating some politician's office or in the hands of a disgruntled postal worker. Don't let this happen to you! Getting your projects to me in a timely way will be most appreciated.

Thanks!

GeorgiaMa'am 09-02-2020 01:51 PM

Zentangle Art Project

I did it! I finally put pen to paper and started my first piece. I finally got my ideas together in my head, and did some doodles on scrap paper, and now I'm working on the real thing. I'm a little short on ideas for how to incorporate color into these, as I'm not used to using color with Zentangle - for some pieces I've got it all lined up, others not so much. But I really want to use color with these.

How is everyone else doing?

nycfem 09-02-2020 11:34 PM

I finished them and really enjoyed making them. I had some anxious moments where I wasn't sure what direction I was going in but I just had faith in the process and followed my muse... not to be too New Age or anything. However, I keep forgetting to mail them... I incorporated some color and enjoyed doing so :).

nycfem 09-02-2020 11:35 PM

I also want to add how much I appreciated how much freedom there was in this project in regard to options.

Bèsame* 09-02-2020 11:51 PM

I've made a couple of practice pieces and I think I've finally figured out which one(s) I like best.

You know I like to over achieve and make many. However, with this move in a few weeks and working 48+ hours...I will need to sleep. Lol!

nycfem 09-03-2020 12:04 AM

I had to scrap a few of my first tries (sucks when you put a lot of work in) because my concept was a little complex for me lol. You know when you get something in your mind and then find it's kinda harder than it seemed lol. But ultimately I achieved it to a passable extent lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bèsame* (Post 1274192)
I've made a couple of practice pieces and I think I've finally figured out which one(s) I like best.

You know I like to over achieve and make many. However, with this move in a few weeks and working 48+ hours...I will need to sleep. Lol!

GeorgiaMa'am 09-14-2020 08:32 PM

Dear Pen Pal Friends,

I have made a gross overestimation in my capabilities. I had no idea there would be so many doctor's appointment and procedures before my actual day of surgery.I am so very busy - and admittedly, also so very tired - that I have neglected to send you my address for you to forward your projects to.

Fortunately, nycfem has graciously agreed to take over wrangler duties for this project. I'm sure she will contact you soon with her mailing address. Please send you projects directly to her, and she will redistribute them.

I will also add my name at the bottom of the list and take myself off of projects for the next six months. I will miss you guys and our projects so much! But I'm sure I will drop in to say hello, as well as seeing you around BFP in other threads.

I'm sorry for this snafu, and I hope it doesn't inconvenience any of you. I also hope you are enjoying your art projects!

Best Regards,
GeorgiaMa'am

GeorgiaMa'am 09-14-2020 08:46 PM

LIST OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE MISSED THE LATE DATE:

"Sorry, I miscalculated the amount of pre-op work it would take to have surgery and missed the late date of 9/21/20. I can start participating in new projects on 3/21/21. I have added myself to the list below:

1 Georgia Ma'am (missed the late date of 9/21/20, able to participate 3/21/21.

nycfem 09-16-2020 06:08 PM

Since we had A very short window to begin with and since we have the unforeseen circumstances of a new wrangler a.k.a. me, please have your packages to me by September 28. Thank you!

clay 09-23-2020 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am (Post 1274892)
Dear Pen Pal Friends,

I have made a gross overestimation in my capabilities. I had no idea there would be so many doctor's appointment and procedures before my actual day of surgery.I am so very busy - and admittedly, also so very tired - that I have neglected to send you my address for you to forward your projects to.

Fortunately, nycfem has graciously agreed to take over wrangler duties for this project. I'm sure she will contact you soon with her mailing address. Please send you projects directly to her, and she will redistribute them.

I will also add my name at the bottom of the list and take myself off of projects for the next six months. I will miss you guys and our projects so much! But I'm sure I will drop in to say hello, as well as seeing you around BFP in other threads.

I'm sorry for this snafu, and I hope it doesn't inconvenience any of you. I also hope you are enjoying your art projects!

Best Regards,
GeorgiaMa'am

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfem (Post 1274973)
Since we had A very short window to begin with and since we have the unforeseen circumstances of a new wrangler a.k.a. me, please have your packages to me by September 28. Thank you!

Hey nycfem...mine are enroute!! Be on lookout...regular white long envelope...thank you for the extension AND for taking over project, for GeorgiaMa'am!!!

girl_dee 09-23-2020 06:13 PM

I wanted to thank you all for the Post Secrets!

It was fun and very emotional and empowering to read them.

Thank you Kajira for having me over to make them!

Thank you thank you!

candy_coated_bitch 09-30-2020 03:39 PM

LIST OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE MISSED THE LATE DAT

1 Georgia Ma'am (missed the late date of 9/21/20, able to participate 3/21/21.
2 Missed the date of 9/28/20, able to participate 3/28/21.

Dear pen pal friends,
I'm so sorry to say I just couldn't get my shit together for the zentangles. I apologize deeply to those who took the time to make me one. I feel really bad, but life happened.

nycfem 09-30-2020 08:30 PM

Hey, everyone, whether you are on a 6 month hiatus or not participating in projects for any reason- you are still very welcome on this thread. The more the merrier. :)

clay 10-12-2020 03:20 PM

I got my zentangles.....4 of them......not sure who all are from.....but they are amazing!

Not sure....thought was supposed to get 6? Anywhoski...thanks everyone who did send me one...:)

nycfem 10-12-2020 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clay (Post 1276366)
I got my zentangles.....4 of them......not sure who all are from.....but they are amazing!

Not sure....thought was supposed to get 6? Anywhoski...thanks everyone who did send me one...:)

CCB and GeorgiaMa’am posted that they were unable to participate.

Bèsame* 10-15-2020 03:30 PM

Yay! Mail in my mail box!

I received the project pack. Thank you NYC for stepping in.

I was wondering if you could see my name in the watermelon???

Bèsame* 10-15-2020 03:39 PM

Crafters!!!

I have been unpacking my craft stuff. My mind is a wondering. I thought of a holiday project, that can open doors to other creative peeps.

What about a fav holiday recipe? Not just a cookie, but a dessert, or a drink or even a jello mold. Think about it....anyone interested?