Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235)

evolveme 11-13-2009 05:52 PM

How in the WORLD did I miss that turkey?

ohmygod.

That's hysterical.

Tommi 11-13-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Bent (Post 4880)
Here is where we start comparing the size of our turkeys.

Mine's a fat, juicy Butterball.

Just saying.

okay then...:D

Diva 11-20-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolveme (Post 4100)
My birthday is on Thanksgiving this year.

My dad used to call me Turkey. (He thought this was quite clever.)

I should like to celebrate with a crepe paper Turkey.

A giant one.

Or just some of those little hand ones like Ben-Her is making.

I don't want to set myself up to fail or anything.

I'm wondering if there is a Turkey pinata around? You could whack the hell out of it....would that give You some closure? Especially if You filled it with chocolatey goodness? :D

I can't imagine You failing at anything......

That sounded like a veiled attempt at sucking up, but it wasn't. I've had therapy. :twitch:

PinkieLee 11-20-2009 11:11 AM

Hey everybody count me in! Staying in Diva's scrackroom last weekend, made my crafty mind start running AMOK. She showed me some of the amazing artwork that she's received... I was in awe of the talent.

I look forward to seeing this kick off!

morningstar55 11-20-2009 12:02 PM

hey ya everyone
im an artist...... and have some samples of my works on myspace.
when i become a paid member here.... i will be glad to post some things in the gallery.
i work with all sorts of medium.... water color, color pencil, pastels, acrylics, pen n inks.......
i create on rocks , clothing, paper, and more.

morningstar55 11-20-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 9164)
I'm wondering if there is a Turkey pinata around? You could whack the hell out of it....would that give You some closure? Especially if You filled it with chocolatey goodness? :D

:twitch:

what a cool idea....... hmmmmmmmmm
i bet my niece and nephews would LOVE that....... i may keep an eye out foro something like that........ or even a santa or deer one for christmas..... ha...
.TY .. Diva...

Bit 11-20-2009 12:13 PM

*laughing* Yes, Gemme, I stuck my hand up next to the screen too! :cheesy:

Now y'all have me thinking papier mache... big balloon, couple cereal boxes for the chipboard to make the tail, old newspapers--or junk mail!--hmmmm... paper towel roll for the neck, small balloon for the head... can you papier mache a latex glove? Gotta make the comb out of something similar, maybe stuff it with wadded paper towels to get the right size and shape?

The wattles..... hmmm.... old sock?

This is terrible... y'all know I'm not gonna actually make this thing, but now it's on my mind and I just know I'm gonna start scrounging for the materials, sheesh. :doh:

Gemme 11-20-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bit (Post 9193)
*laughing* Yes, Gemme, I stuck my hand up next to the screen too! :cheesy:

Now y'all have me thinking papier mache... big balloon, couple cereal boxes for the chipboard to make the tail, old newspapers--or junk mail!--hmmmm... paper towel roll for the neck, small balloon for the head... can you papier mache a latex glove? Gotta make the comb out of something similar, maybe stuff it with wadded paper towels to get the right size and shape?

The wattles..... hmmm.... old sock?

This is terrible... y'all know I'm not gonna actually make this thing, but now it's on my mind and I just know I'm gonna start scrounging for the materials, sheesh. :doh:

Do it! Do it!

<----- Enabler

Bit 11-20-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 9227)
Do it! Do it!

<----- Enabler

*ever so primly virtuous*

Dear Enabler,

I spent my money on frozen turkeys, I do not have any left for balloons.

*eyes most recent paper towel core*

I spent my money on sweet taters, I do not have any left for balloons.

*eyes old holey sock*

I spent my money on butter, I do not have any left for balloons.

*eyes huge pile of junk mail*

I spent my mo-----

*eyes laundry quarters*

:titantic:

:bolt:

:cheesy:

Gryph 11-20-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 9227)
Do it! Do it!

<----- Enabler

Not this paycheck...maybe three paychecks from now, but not this one.

*smooches to my girl*

Bit 11-21-2009 09:38 AM

*eyes Butch*

Three paydays from now is January. Thanksgiving is this week. Why would I make a turkey pinata AFTER Thanksgiving?

Somehow I feel a need to go buy balloons now.

:innocent:

morningstar55 11-21-2009 10:47 AM

here is a poor ol turkey thats been umm........
pieced together..... lol
strange tube...... but kinda funny...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBt6IhjAvyw"]YouTube- The Turkey Song[/ame]

Bit 11-21-2009 10:54 AM

uhhhhh.... :bolt:

Bit makes note: avoid youtubes about turkeys from now on.... sleep with light on tonight....

Can't say you didn't warn me, Morningstar, lol....

:thanksgiving:

morningstar55 11-21-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bit (Post 9595)
uhhhhh.... :bolt:

Bit makes note: avoid youtubes about turkeys from now on.... sleep with light on tonight....

Can't say you didn't warn me, Morningstar, lol....

:thanksgiving:

..LOL . that turkey looks like it was a pinata rehashed.... LOL LOL

Tommi 11-21-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bit (Post 9558)
*eyes Butch*

Three paydays from now is January. Thanksgiving is this week. Why would I make a turkey pinata AFTER Thanksgiving?

Somehow I feel a need to go buy balloons now.

:innocent:

_____________________:balloon:

:balloon:______________:balloon:_______________:ba lloon:
___________:balloon:______:2butch:_______:balloon: __________:balloon:

Logicaly 11-23-2009 01:00 AM

*peeks in* Mind if I come in and join what appears to be the party over here? I'm dying to start sharing more of my crafty side. I can barely crochet, do digital art, starting to get into scrapbooking with my girl, am majorly into bead sprites and am trying to get into needle felting as well!

So can I join the fun over here?

Gemme 11-23-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logicaly (Post 10644)
*peeks in* Mind if I come in and join what appears to be the party over here? I'm dying to start sharing more of my crafty side. I can barely crochet, do digital art, starting to get into scrapbooking with my girl, am majorly into bead sprites and am trying to get into needle felting as well!

So can I join the fun over here?

Absolutely!

If you would like to express your creativity in making/sending holiday cards, feel free to sign up.

Logicaly 11-24-2009 12:59 AM

Did I miss the holiday card exchange here? I didn't see it anywhere in this thread.

Diva 11-24-2009 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logicaly (Post 11328)
Did I miss the holiday card exchange here? I didn't see it anywhere in this thread.

It has its own thread! :D
It's right > > > HERE < < <

Gemme 11-24-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 11344)
It has its own thread! :D
It's right > > > HERE < < <

:seconddoh:

What would I do without you?

:cheer:

I would like to say, however, that once the holiday season is over and the new year begins, I'd like to start an art project here. One like many of us are used to doing elsewhere. So, everyone who is similarly-minded, please be thinking of ideas. Perhaps we could all come up with something and vote on what project to start with. Sound fair?