Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Fragrances You Love and Hate... (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3935)

1QuirkyKiwi 09-30-2011 02:24 PM

Fragrances You Love and Hate...

My apologies if this has been posted before, I'm still reading my way through threads/posts slowly...

This is open for ALL to post – I’m curious what fragrances you love/hate and why…

I love and adore Jasmine Absolute - I always have done. Jasmine has a warm, sweet, exotic and rich floral fragrance. I also, like Oregano, Basil, Ginger, and Eucalyptus for the medicinal, clean, herby fragrances and Rose for its sweet floral fragrance.

I hate lavender as I find it too woody and heavy, yet, it’s a useful oil for the house, skin, hair and first aid.

What about you?

jules5041 09-30-2011 02:39 PM

I am very sensitive to fragrances. Most of them give me a migraine so when I find a scent I can wear I stick with it!!!

I love Happy by Clinique. It's my all time favorite.

My favorite from Bath & Body Works is lavender vanilla. It relaxes me.

The fragrance I am wearing now is called Unspoken. Its from Avon and is advertised by Fergie. (<--- grrrr)

I love a good smelling butch. And sometimes it can be dangerous if he smells too good!!!

I absolutely hate any kind of rose smelling perfume. I think my kindergarten teacher wore Rose perfume and to this day I get a sick, uneasy feeling in my tummy if I smell it. Wow that takes me waaayyy back!!! :-)

Jules

Starbuck 09-30-2011 02:48 PM

My smell likes and dislikes

I absolutely adore the rose and the carnation, with carnation probably being my favorite.
I love the smell of Johnsons baby lotion, it reminds me of my son when he was little :)
I love the smell of morning dew on a fresh spring morning.
I love the smell of Downy "Fresh Linen" on my clean sheets.
I love "Dream More" perfume by Gap.
I love "Hugo Boss" for men.

I hate the smell of skunks, burning or rotting flesh (yes, I've smelled it, I'm a nurse), Eucalyptus (it's too medicine like for me)....that's enough for me :p

Soft*Silver 09-30-2011 02:48 PM

I love patchouli. I have various blends of it. My fav perfume is Samsara which has a jasminey scent to it. Lavender is nice but overdone everywhere. basil is my fav scent for the car. Eucalyptus was so overdone in the 70s and 80s I cant tolerate it in the home now.

People are much more careful with scents now. I remember when women were encouraged to layer their scent and perfume, bath oil, powder, lotion, etc were all necessities! Thank god its not that heavily marketed anymore! I think Avon is the only dinosaur who does that. (and I love Avon!) Now when a "layered" or scent-intoxicated person is around me, I gag. It happened the other day in fact and while I love femmey stuff, wow, that is so not cool anymore!

My all time fav scent to wear and have in my house is Nag Champa. I have a past life association with it...

JAGG 09-30-2011 03:00 PM

I like camomile and cinnamon ,also cucumber. I love the smell of wet cedar and burning hickory. I don't like rose scented things or too floral smelling things. Don't like the smell of curry cooking.

clay 09-30-2011 03:13 PM

FAVES: Nag Champs...Patchouli....freshly laundered Downy Vanilla Lavender scented sheets and towels.....hickory and/or oak fires....scents of fall...pumpkins...hay...mums...
DISLIKES: Heavily perfumed women...a dab'll do ya, for me, anyway. I do not like the rose smelling ones...my ALL time fave on a woman is Lolita by Lempicke...but I am sure, someone, somewhere, will entice me something again...<smiles>.
For me..I LOVE Diesel Men's Cologne, Axe Body Wash and After Bath Spray...Dark Temptations...and I got a new one this year...PS...don't know who makes it...but dayummmm does it smell awesome when I put it on...

I don't care for the Avon scents. LOng time ago, there was a scent available at the 5 & dime (dating myself here, too) called Evening In Paris...I can NOT stand the scent of that...ewwwww

luv2luvgirls 09-30-2011 03:16 PM

I love the smell of cut grass.
I hate when the femme im dating wears sickly sweet scents.. like Vanilla I hate the smell of Vanilla.
I wear Fahrenheit colonge thats my scent

diamondrose 09-30-2011 03:21 PM

I love the smell of Vanilla.
I love ths smell of a new textbook.
I love the contrasting scent of my showering after him.
The scent of apples and cinnamon makes me nervous.
I enjoy any clean scent or soft scent, but I don't like flowery scents.(excluding fresh flowers)

Guy 09-30-2011 03:38 PM

I love the smells of gasoline and tar.

They remind me growing up living near a Marina in Jersey, and popping tar bubbles in the street. heh

BugsAndKisses 09-30-2011 04:02 PM

I make a point to spend as much of myo life smelling like coconut, I'm Floridian :)

BugsAndKisses 09-30-2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondrose (Post 428636)
I love the smell of Vanilla.
I love ths smell of a new textbook.
I love the contrasting scent of my showering after him.
The scent of apples and cinnamon makes me nervous.
I enjoy any clean scent or soft scent, but I don't like flowery scents.(excluding fresh flowers)

vaniella was my mom's fav <3 i cant wear it though its jut to meloncoly

UofMfan 09-30-2011 04:24 PM

I love the smell of freshly cut grass, the smell of the city where I was born, the smell of clean sheets against my face and the smell of a new book.

I don't like flowery smells or strong cheap perfumes. I dislike the smell of certain flowers and hate the smell of unkempt people.

Interestingly enough, I also love the smell of an airplane and the airport.

BugsAndKisses 09-30-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by softness (Post 428620)
I love patchouli. I have various blends of it. My fav perfume is Samsara which has a jasminey scent to it. Lavender is nice but overdone everywhere. basil is my fav scent for the car. Eucalyptus was so overdone in the 70s and 80s I cant tolerate it in the home now.

People are much more careful with scents now. I remember when women were encouraged to layer their scent and perfume, bath oil, powder, lotion, etc were all necessities! Thank god its not that heavily marketed anymore! I think Avon is the only dinosaur who does that. (and I love Avon!) Now when a "layered" or scent-intoxicated person is around me, I gag. It happened the other day in fact and while I love femmey stuff, wow, that is so not cool anymore!

My all time fav scent to wear and have in my house is Nag Champa. I have a past life association with it...

Gotta love champa

Babyangeleyez 09-30-2011 04:39 PM

If we are talking about perfumes/colognes:
Miami Glow by J-Lo. I love it!!!
Happy Heart by Clinique
Fierce by Abercrombie and Fitch (will make me melt into the arms of a butch...ahhhh)

As far as other scents that I like:
Pine scented candles in winter
Smell of rain
Peony flowers
Newborn baby smell

Daktari 09-30-2011 05:06 PM

I was born anosmic...means I have no sense of smell at all.

Every day someone, somewhere will say "here, smell this".

There are so many things I would love to smell

A girl
Food cooking
Baking bread
Grass
Girls
Tar
Woodland
Gas
Fire
Did I say girls already?
The Beach
Myself
The countryside after rain
Girls
My family
My house now that I've stopped smoking
My cat
Gunpowder
Friends
et al

It's odd...it's hard to explain a smell. Remember that scene in Mask where the guy explains how something feels to a blind girl to explain a sight? Well it's even harder to explain a smell.

Smell is our most primal sense... it's linked to the amygdula, which is our reptilian brain. (I'm sure someone will correct me on this and I would love to know more...where does this anosmia come from??)

I so envy y'all yer sense of smell.

Inuus 09-30-2011 05:10 PM

I am very sensitive to smells good and bad.

That being said there are many fragrances that really get to me the #1 being Patchouli. I can smell patchouli at 50 paces and it instantly gives me a migraine and makes me feel nauseous...uugghh. Just thinking about it bothers me!

I very rarely wear cologne but if I do its Cool Waters. I prefer clean non overpowering perfumes on femmes. The flowery really strong scents give me migraines.

I would like to add I believe many people dont really know how to wear perfumes/colognes. I like just a faint scent which catches my attention and makes me want to get closer ;) I dont like so overpowering that I can smell you 3 aisles over in WalMart lol

1QuirkyKiwi 09-30-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starbuck (Post 428619)
I absolutely adore the rose and the carnation, with carnation probably being my favorite.
I love the smell of Johnsons baby lotion, it reminds me of my son when he was little :)
I love the smell of morning dew on a fresh spring morning.
I love the smell of Downy "Fresh Linen" on my clean sheets.
I love "Dream More" perfume by Gap.
I love "Hugo Boss" for men.

I hate the smell of skunks, burning or rotting flesh (yes, I've smelled it, I'm a nurse), Eucalyptus (it's too medicine like for me)....that's enough for me :p

I love the smell of the seasons, especially early in the morning when no-one is about.

I too, hate the smell of burnt/rotting flesh – I wear Eucalyptus under my nose in an attempt to keep the smell at bay.

1QuirkyKiwi 09-30-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by softness (Post 428620)

You saying about layering brings back memories of an Great Aunt and her ‘shield’ of scent that radiated about 6 ft from her – crikey, it was so strong! She smelled like she’d fallen in a vat of the stuff, lol! I hate anything strong smelling, preferring subtle and gentle, and always remember trying to avoid the ‘inevitable Great Aunt hug and kiss’, lol!

1QuirkyKiwi 09-30-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claybaby (Post 428628)
FAVES: Nag Champs...Patchouli....freshly laundered Downy Vanilla Lavender scented sheets and towels.....hickory and/or oak fires....scents of fall...pumpkins...hay...mums...
DISLIKES: Heavily perfumed women...a dab'll do ya, for me, anyway. I do not like the rose smelling ones...my ALL time fave on a woman is Lolita by Lempicke...but I am sure, someone, somewhere, will entice me something again...<smiles>.
For me..I LOVE Diesel Men's Cologne, Axe Body Wash and After Bath Spray...Dark Temptations...and I got a new one this year...PS...don't know who makes it...but dayummmm does it smell awesome when I put it on...

I don't care for the Avon scents. LOng time ago, there was a scent available at the 5 & dime (dating myself here, too) called Evening In Paris...I can NOT stand the scent of that...ewwwww

I used to quite like Patchouli, but, sadly it gives me migraines. One of my neighbours has done an Avon round for years – the best product they ever did was a leave in hair conditioner called quick touch in the 70s – they brought it back and changed the formula, it’s pants, now, lol!

1QuirkyKiwi 09-30-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2luvgirls (Post 428630)
I love the smell of cut grass.
I hate when the femme im dating wears sickly sweet scents.. like Vanilla I hate the smell of Vanilla.
I wear Fahrenheit colonge thats my scent

Vanilla is one of the few fragrances that will actually make me boke - I can't stand it! I refuse to cook with it as well, lol!

I love the smell of cut grass after the rains – I’ve been known to stand outside just smelling the air…… I’m sure the neighbours think I’m a weirdo, lol!