Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you having for dinner tonight? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197)

katsarecool 10-24-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rook (Post 213932)
♦♦♦ Cajun Catfish

♣♣ Maryland blue Crab cakes

♦♦♦ Potatoes Au Gratin {with those crunchy French's onion chips}

♣♣ Steamed Broccoli with garlic butter.

♦♦♦ Pinot Gris {we figure we're entitled to a bit of pampering tonight, rough 2 weeks..}

Oh yummy!!! I had hummus with garlic, olive oil, pinenuts and dipped with whole wheat pita.

Wryly 10-24-2010 09:40 PM

I made carrot soup. Also had hot dogs.

Sunny 10-24-2010 10:02 PM

Well....

I had a ham and cheese on a roll and cole slaw. Apple Juice

Chancie 10-25-2010 03:42 AM

We had two breakfasts and no dinner.

First we ate at a local queer owned cafe and

I had an open faced bagel sandwich with lox and a shmear and

Pete had a vegan sausage sandwich on an English muffin.

Then, I made scarmbled eggs with sauteed peppers and olives and

Pete made biscuits. :tea:

Wryly 10-25-2010 12:44 PM

Chilli is in the crock-pot. Will also have salad. And garlic bread.

Kenna 10-25-2010 12:46 PM

As Grampa always said, I'm having dessert first :winky:

Cowboi 10-25-2010 01:49 PM

Left over roast

Diva 10-25-2010 02:19 PM

Just a simple pasta and tossed salad.....perfect for today!

Rockinonahigh 10-25-2010 04:26 PM

After not haveing much appetite for the last fue days I had a couple of hot dogs loaded..diet ocean spray to drink.

Oiler41 10-25-2010 04:45 PM

Ah, having a nice steak dinner with all the other corporate HSE Managers from around the country. I'm hungry already and dinner is a hour and a half away, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

Glynn

WolfyOne 10-25-2010 05:11 PM

Broiled pork chop, peas, organic apple sauce and a slice of wheat bread with butter

lipstixgal 10-25-2010 05:34 PM

I had steak brown rice and broccoli yogurt in a little bit!!

scootebaby 10-25-2010 05:49 PM

well i fixed my wonderful 30 minute chili...however im having to eat leftover chinese bc seems Jo and Rooster and The Prince REALLLLY liked it...lol im playing,honey(when u read this) chinese is just fine and im just glad you all liked it

JustJo 10-25-2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scootebaby (Post 214237)
well i fixed my wonderful 30 minute chili...however im having to eat leftover chinese bc seems Jo and Rooster and The Prince REALLLLY liked it...lol im playing,honey(when u read this) chinese is just fine and im just glad you all liked it

I would feel guilty....except that your chili is sooooooo good. :eating:

I love you baby :lips:

seashellgirl 10-25-2010 07:59 PM

Fresh baked batard, 2 differently spiced Greek EVOO for dipping, feta cheese, extra sharp cheddar, sliced roma tomatoes with EVOO and balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of sea salt. Oh, and a Stella Artois. Deee-lish!

Jesse 10-25-2010 08:42 PM

Putting some turkey legs and seasoning in the crock pot tonight for tomorrow's dinner. Hopefully they will be tasty. :)

Gemme 10-25-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet (Post 214097)
As Grampa always said, I'm having dessert first :winky:

I've heard the French do that since sugar stimulates the appetite. It always made sense to me, but I want dessert at the end too. :tease:

Tonight, we had dinner out. Sweet and sour chicken and a house salad with ginger dressing for me and orange chicken with chicken dumplings for Organic. He ordered green iced tea and it. was. horrible. Blech! He managed to choke it down with some sugar though. My root beer was loverly. :)

No dessert there but next time, I think I'll order the red bean ice cream.

*intrigued*

Rockinonahigh 10-25-2010 11:04 PM

Now that its after midnight hear..12:07am.To night im haveing a sweep the kitchen salad...yep everything I like is in it..home made dressing too.Im makeing a big bowl so it will last a couple of days.

femmennoir 10-26-2010 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 214343)
I've heard the French do that since sugar stimulates the appetite. It always made sense to me, but I want dessert at the end too. :tease:

Nope! We have a very strict order of the meal: appetizers (to open the appetite, so usually raw vegetables in salads, pâté with tiny cornichons, sometimes a few cold cuts....unless the meal is more festive), a main course of meat or fish with a starch and some cooked vegetables (small meat portion, small potato, rice or pasta portion, plenty of cooked vegetables), then a green salad (for digestion, as the vinaigrette helps cut down the fats in the previous dish), a cheese platter (with at least four or five different cheeses and crusty baguette), and dessert, which usually is fruit or yogurt (or both). On festive occasions, pastries, chocolate mousse, etc.... The only drinks are wine and water, sparkling or not. This is the kind of meal I had growing up, twice a day! No eating in between, no snacks etc....
So, in effect, French people do not eat much sugar!
The exception to the snack rule is tea time: a proper French tea is a large pot of tea, usually flavoured, served with an array of petits fours (here too, the rule is smaller is better!).
Voilà! (sorry if it disappoints!)

Elle*

Gemme 10-26-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by femmennoir (Post 214473)
Nope! We have a very strict order of the meal: appetizers (to open the appetite, so usually raw vegetables in salads, pâté with tiny cornichons, sometimes a few cold cuts....unless the meal is more festive), a main course of meat or fish with a starch and some cooked vegetables (small meat portion, small potato, rice or pasta portion, plenty of cooked vegetables), then a green salad (for digestion, as the vinaigrette helps cut down the fats in the previous dish), a cheese platter (with at least four or five different cheeses and crusty baguette), and dessert, which usually is fruit or yogurt (or both). On festive occasions, pastries, chocolate mousse, etc.... The only drinks are wine and water, sparkling or not. This is the kind of meal I had growing up, twice a day! No eating in between, no snacks etc....
So, in effect, French people do not eat much sugar!
The exception to the snack rule is tea time: a proper French tea is a large pot of tea, usually flavoured, served with an array of petits fours (here too, the rule is smaller is better!).
Voilà! (sorry if it disappoints!)

Elle*

But...but...but....you only eat those yummy pastries occasionally?

And no snacking?

I'd be cranky.

:blink: