Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   what would you do different now? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8349)

Soft*Silver 05-07-2017 07:47 PM

what would you do different now?

So, knowing what you know now, what would you do different in your past? How would it alter your present?

Gemme 05-07-2017 08:28 PM

I would change the things that happened in my past that continue to create drama for me now.

Bèsame* 05-07-2017 08:32 PM

roll with the flow, and not be so worried of the outcome

Soft*Silver 05-07-2017 08:33 PM

I would have come out alot sooner than I did (was in my 30s)

I would have been easier on my parents and kinder to them. We had our conflicts and I thought they were too hard on me. Now I know they probably needed to be!

I would have had more than one child. I loved having an only child, but seeing how wonderful it is to have two grand daughters, I think I would have loved having two children!

girl_dee 05-09-2017 03:24 AM

this is a deep one...

i would have chosen a different family, although i am sure there is a reason for the one i got....

i would have found a way to come out earlier and live my truth before running head on into trouble, a few times

i would have learned to accept my twisted self as an adult, and not tried to fix what i felt was broken

i would have eaten a bite of the cake at my office birthday party yesterday.....

AmazonDC 05-09-2017 04:18 AM

Find her sooner ...so I could have made her happier longer

Contradictor 05-09-2017 08:07 PM

With knowledge I have now, I'd choose a different degree. I'd know I wasn't doing the right thing. I'd be cruel to be kind. And I'd not let nasty people get close to me.

Kätzchen 05-12-2017 01:09 PM

I'd stop eating meat products. Today I took a huge step toward eliminating meat from my diet.

I stopped loving bacon, today.

I took all that expensive stuff out to the trash bin. I hope to be meat free before summer is over.

girl_dee 05-12-2017 03:45 PM

i would have gotten the brakes done on my last tire rotation!

Martina 05-12-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kätzchen (Post 1143272)
I stopped loving bacon, today.

Kätzchen 05-12-2017 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martina (Post 1143307)

Yes, Martina, exactly. :rrose::rrose::rrose:

I was invoking George Jones and quietly singing that song, as I took all that bacon out to the trash.

IrishAmazon 05-12-2017 06:24 PM

If i was allowed the understanding I have today then I would have forgiven both of them sooner and easier.
Known the things that gave us trouble were just limits they personally had and was not about anyone else.

I would have known how fast the years I had with my stepson would pass, and done more.
Pushed more, talked more, we did a lot just him and I, but I would have done more.

I would have taken myself more serious.

jingles76 05-12-2017 06:53 PM

I would have never let her get that close knowing she would have to go

Gayandgray 05-13-2017 07:36 PM

I would have never quit my job back in October.

PlatinumPearl 12-16-2017 10:01 AM

If I could change one thing it would be to stop second guessing myself and to listen to my intuition because I know the answers. I would also not let others pressure me into making decisions that were not in my best interest. I would also have explored my gifts, followed my dreams and lived life for me and not others. With that being said if I did things differently would that also make me a different person today? :confused:

Gayandgray 12-16-2017 11:08 AM

Oh gosh, so much!!!!!!!!!!!

Blade 12-16-2017 11:42 AM

I would have put more into my 401K plan. Almost to late to start now. Guess I will just work til I die

*Anya* 12-16-2017 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 1187103)
I would have put more into my 401K plan. Almost to late to start now. Guess I will just work til I die

Honestly, it is never too late.

As long as you are healthy enough to work, pack away as much as you can, because it never will be enough for the average person.

Unless you are fortunate enough to inherit money and most of us won't be (I am out of the will).

Life has a funny way of turning on a dime.

Gráinne 12-16-2017 12:21 PM

Not a damn thing. I'm who I am because of my choices, whether wise or not.

However, if I could give advice to my younger self (or my daughter, who has heard this), it would be to not be afraid to make choices that feel right. You make the best decision you can with the information you have at that moment.

I do wish I had taken my health less for granted, though. It's more difficult (not impossible) to change habits when you're at midlife.

Clyde 12-16-2017 12:35 PM

I'd have eaten dessert first.