Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Queerbay - Your ButchFemmePlanet Marketplace! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Holiday Shopping? Shop Local, Shop BF Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2392)

MsDemeanor 11-22-2010 04:24 PM

Holiday Shopping? Shop Local, Shop BF Planet

It's holiday shopping season!!!!!

When looking for :present: , please consider the fine artisans here on the Planet.

If you have shop, please list it here. If you are looking for something, please post it here. Let's spread our :greendollar: within our community.

Holidays:

Hanukkah - Dec 1-9
Solstice - Dec 21
Kwanzaa - Dec 26
Christmas - Dec 25

Special thanks to the Admins for letting us have this forum.

MsDemeanor 11-22-2010 04:35 PM

I'll start.

I'm a metalsmith and I make jewelry. I work in silver and copper, and love pretty stones and gems.

My shop on Etsy is Bowers Studio . I have maybe another dozen or so items to add in the next couple of weeks, so be sure to check back.

BF Planet folks can get a 10% discount by using coupon code BFP2010, and shipping is free to the US and Canada through the end of the year.

I'd like to point out one special line - abstract stamped cuffs. They can be stamped with most anything in either lower or upper case. For the Queer Etsy Team fundraiser shop (which benefits the Trevor Project), I stamped one with 'queer' linkyloo . Other fun messages could include 'butch' or 'femme'. Each one is made to order.

katsarecool 11-22-2010 04:41 PM

Your jewelry is amazing and you are a wonderful artist!!!!

As for me, yes I would love customers. I do portraits of people and pets of all kinds. It can be done in watercolor, colored pencil (a much misunderstood medium) and drawing pencils. I use quality media always. For a commission I require 50% down payment and the balance due at the time the customer receives their product.

I require a down payment reluctantly but I did two commissions and the potential buyer never paid for their paintings which I still have.

So yes, I would love some commissions!

Ms Demeanor, this is a great idea and thank you for posting it.

MsDemeanor 11-22-2010 04:53 PM

Thank you for the compliment, and you're welcome for the thread. Please don't be reluctant about requesting a deposit, I don't know any artists who do commission work without one.

Do you have some examples of your portraits - especially pets - that you can share?

katsarecool 11-22-2010 05:02 PM

I have a few on the blog listed in my signature. I have many more on my Facebook page. If you are interested in seeing them just let me know about Friending you on FB via PM.

I must say doing cat portraits are a specialty and a great love of mine. :)

MsDemeanor 11-23-2010 02:20 PM

*bumping for the Tuesday crowd*

JustJo 11-23-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsDemeanor (Post 233252)
I'll start.

I'm a metalsmith and I make jewelry. I work in silver and copper, and love pretty stones and gems.

My shop on Etsy is Bowers Studio . I have maybe another dozen or so items to add in the next couple of weeks, so be sure to check back.

BF Planet folks can get a 10% discount by using coupon code BFP2010, and shipping is free to the US and Canada through the end of the year.

Wow...these are beautiful!

JustJo 11-23-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katsarecool (Post 233285)
I have a few on the blog listed in my signature. I have many more on my Facebook page. If you are interested in seeing them just let me know about Friending you on FB via PM.

I must say doing cat portraits are a specialty and a great love of mine. :)

Another talented member! (My artistic skills end just past stick figures)

Kats....if we sent you pictures of all of our 4 kitties, could you put them into one portrait?

I know we couldn't take a pic of them that way (cuz the princess is still not on speaking terms with the babies)... and what do you normally charge?

scootebaby 11-23-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustJo (Post 233991)
Wow...these are beautiful!

could you be more specific? just curious :)

AtLast 11-23-2010 03:16 PM

Great thread! Great idea!

MsDemeanor 11-23-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustJo (Post 233994)
...(cuz the princess is still not on speaking terms with the babies)...

This made me giggle. I appreciate folks who make me giggle.

Thanks, too, for the beautiful :cheer:

JustJo 11-23-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scootebaby (Post 233999)
could you be more specific? just curious :)

Subtle baby :giggle:

Just cuz I'm helpful....I like...

Designer Cut Sugilite Stackable Cuff in Sterling Silver
and
Garnet Sterling Silver Stackable Ring Size 7.5 (except I'd need an 8)
and
White Buffalo Pendant No. 1 in Sterling Silver

:kissy:

ooooo....those "and"s should be "or"

lipstixgal 11-23-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsDemeanor (Post 233237)
It's holiday shopping season!!!!!

When looking for :present: , please consider the fine artisans here on the Planet.

If you have shop, please list it here. If you are looking for something, please post it here. Let's spread our :greendollar: within our community.

Holidays:

Hanukkah - Dec 1-9
Solstice - Dec 21
Kwanzaa - Dec 26
Christmas - Dec 25

Special thanks to the Admins for letting us have this forum.

Gorgeous stuff I would buy too especially for Hanukkah which I celebrate maybe if I get some money together. And I like the idea of the portraits of my pets too. That would be nice!!

MsDemeanor 11-23-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustJo (Post 234035)
Subtle baby :giggle:

Just cuz I'm helpful....I like...

Designer Cut Sugilite Stackable Cuff in Sterling Silver
and
Garnet Sterling Silver Stackable Ring Size 7.5 (except I'd need an 8)
and
White Buffalo Pendant No. 1 in Sterling Silver

:kissy:

ooooo....those "and"s should be "or"

Those "ands" are just fine :giggle:

The Sugilite stone is dreamy. It's quality stone that I get from a top-notch lapidary buddy up in Oregon. I have a stash of it that I'm keeping for myself :heartbeat:

That garnet ring measures at a 7.5, but it's a skinny band so it would probably fit a slightly larger finger, too (like my size 8 finger). Just sayin.....:winky:

MsDemeanor 11-26-2010 11:51 AM

*bumpity bump bump*

Arwen 11-29-2010 06:33 PM

Great idea. I have a bracelet that I commmissioned from Bowers Jewelry. Can't say enough good things about the quality of the work. Truly one of my favorite pieces.

If you want to give the gift of insight, you can always purchase a reading with me for your friends and family!

PM me if you have questions.

MsDemeanor 11-29-2010 07:11 PM

Thank you :rose:

Gemme 11-29-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsDemeanor (Post 235730)
*bumpity bump bump*

What length of chain is the Picasso Marble Pendant on and is it sterling or plated or what?

PM if you'd rather. :)

Arwen 11-29-2010 11:25 PM

C'mon! I know some of our photographers have pictures and cards. Let's hear from everyone that was trying to use Queerbay!

MsDemeanor 11-29-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 237981)
What length of chain is the Picasso Marble Pendant on and is it sterling or plated or what?

PM if you'd rather. :)

That's a fun pendant; sadly, it is gone. The Flickr pics include stuff that's sold and stuff that I made for myself; the other link to the Etsy store is what I have available right now, plus there's another dozen or so pieces on my workbench that will be done soon. Everything I make (except those noted as having copper parts) is constructed of sterling silver and fine silver; I never use plated :-)