Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Weather Report (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104)

Bèsame* 04-19-2020 08:27 AM

Most Houston peeps are under a severe thunderstorm/tornado warning until mid afternoon.
Be safe and watch for hail.

I'm too south for the terrible activity but I definitely can see the skyline! I can hear the rumblings.

Stone-Butch 04-19-2020 09:31 PM

weather

Another beautiful sunny day, cool and windy. Love this weather. Can't take the heat and humidity.

RockOn 04-19-2020 10:19 PM

severe weather day
is this the new norm on sundays???
same thing last sunday

dodged the bullet both times ...

last sunday, it shifted north at the last minute

today, it went south just before it was in our face

at one point today, the squall line was so similar, I thought I was looking at last sunday's radar

all good here :)

Kelt 04-22-2020 07:02 PM

Sitting outside reading today I took a little inadvertent nap.

:tanning:

homoe 04-24-2020 07:40 PM

Rain in the Olympic Peninsula for the next several days...:rainsing:

homoe 05-08-2020 03:26 PM

~~
Temps for the next 3 days are forecast for high 70's and low 80's with maybe even a record high setting on Saturday or Sunday...

Gemme 05-09-2020 06:50 PM

You know when the wind is an angry wind and sounds like a cross between a banshee and a train whistle?

And your cats are freaked out because they know something is out there; they can hear it, but they can't see it?

Yeah, that was today. Wind chill in the 30s. In May. Touche, Mother Nature. Touche.

It also snapped the post my mailbox is drilled to and flung the whole thing in the driveway as well as tossing the recycling bin around. The bin was bungeed to the dumpster and was STILL bungeed but on its side and a couple feet away.

Take away: bungees are useful and resilient lil buggers.

High point: by the end of the day, my hair was big and fluffy enough to have been in a video for an 80s hair band.

homoe 05-10-2020 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1267500)
~~
Temps for the next 3 days are forecast for high 70's and low 80's with maybe even a record high setting on Saturday or Sunday...

Yes, records were broken on both Friday and Saturday so far!

Orema 06-10-2020 06:21 AM

Breaking records

We broke a record by reaching 98F in my city yesterday and it's expected to be pretty hot again today.

cathexis 06-11-2020 04:05 AM

A couple weeks ago we had what appears to be our last snow dusting for a few months. We are now up to 80s F max daytime. Still 40s-50s at night so sweatshirts, hoodies, and jackets still abound. I can't wait for Fall to return!

Stone-Butch 06-11-2020 10:05 AM

Rain- weather

Real wind and rain storm last night. Thousands lost power but fortunately we did not. It is still very windy today (I love it) with off and on heavy showers. Its around 65 or 70F.

I love this kind of weather. Can't take the heat or humidity.

Orema 06-29-2020 02:59 PM

The Isley Brothers - Sunshine (Go Away Today)

Rain and overcast in Southern Califonia.

Orema 07-01-2020 10:21 AM

It’s June gloom when it should be July fry.

Hopefully, the sun will break out in an hour or so.

I expect it to be another lovely day in the neighborhood.

C0LLETTE 07-01-2020 03:25 PM

"It was a dark and stormy night; the rain fell in torrents — except at occasional intervals, when it was checked by a violent gust of wind which swept up the streets (for it is in London that our scene lies), rattling along the housetops, and fiercely agitating the scanty flame of the lamps that struggled against the darkness."

E. G. E. Bulwer-Lytton

The Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest was started in 1982

Prize given annually for best worst sentence, purple prose.

Orema 07-01-2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0LLETTE (Post 1270954)
"It was a dark and stormy night; the rain fell in torrents — except at occasional intervals, when it was checked by a violent gust of wind which swept up the streets (for it is in London that our scene lies), rattling along the housetops, and fiercely agitating the scanty flame of the lamps that struggled against the darkness."

E. G. E. Bulwer-Lytton

Your problem is you don’t have anything more interesting to say than that with which you disdain.

C0LLETTE 07-01-2020 05:08 PM

At least I am polite to you, compliment you on your choice of music , and have never attacked you or assumed I knew what your problem was.
I thought the Lytton post was funny and appropriate, offended no one

Bèsame* 07-01-2020 07:46 PM

Oh goodness..

Too much is interfering with summer! It's too hot. Too humid. Too dusty.

All that and wearing a mask! This is miserable. I'm enjoying my girly cave with a/c about now.

Kätzchen 07-01-2020 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0LLETTE (Post 1270954)

E. G. E. Bulwer-Lytton

That's awesome, C0LLETTE. Anya has a forum thread for this specific type of writing and prose (Link).

Here's a link for last years winner, who is Canadian too. :)

2019 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest Winner (PAGE/LINK).

Here's my weather contribution report:

Strange winds and clouds of dust and horrifying news reports about COVID19 has blurred the weather vane, in my Pacific Wonderland location. Kätzchen has been wearing her mask, a different one each day, and she's been worried daily about her health. In other news, lol, rain and wind and scorching bouts of sunshine were supposed to happen repeatedly this last week, but worse bouts of weather came to pass. Since Kätzchen is boycotting the holiday weekend and creating her own holiday to celebrate, she is happy to report that the weather is just fine and will one day be even better (she hopes).

:bunchflowers::bunchflowers::bunchflowers:

C0LLETTE 07-01-2020 08:31 PM

Yes, the Annual contest collections (available in most bookstores ) make for hilarious bathroom reading.

Aside from that, the weather here is hot and muggy, as it seems to be in many places, but the night sky is full of the explosive colour of fireworks for the July 1, Canada Day, celebration.

Stone-Butch 07-01-2020 08:36 PM

Weather

For past few days and the week to come weather is close and gross. Happy to be stuck in front of my tv and air conditioning. I don't need a virus to keep me home these days. YUK !