Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are YOU looking forward to??? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2384)

firegal 04-07-2017 09:03 PM

Getting laptop fixed or replaced,for last it hasnt let me post. It kicks me off internet every 5 mins. All i can do play a few games. Might time for new laptop.Beings how the geek squad had it for 5 days 2 weeks ago.

GeorgiaMa'am 04-07-2017 09:42 PM

Connecting with my long-lost cousin next weekend. (Well, she wasn't really "lost" - I knew where she was - we just haven't spoken in about 30 years. For no good reason.)

JDeere 04-07-2017 11:44 PM

Maybe a few hours sleep!

easygoingfemme 04-10-2017 06:12 AM

This week:
  • Friday hopefully finishing my tattoo I've been working on.
  • Saturday: Roller derby night!

Coming up:
  • My birthday.
  • Figuring out where my daughter will be going to college.
  • A fly fishing retreat weekend.
  • A road trip in July to see friends.
  • Summer outdoor concerts.

TL1 04-10-2017 09:50 AM

A lot of things..... But right now I am in the early to mid stages of planning my daughters graduation party. It's pretty damn exciting with a tinge of sadness. But the excitement for her outweighs. Going to make sure it's a huge fun celebration.

Wrang1er 04-10-2017 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easygoingfemme (Post 1137587)
This week:
  • Friday hopefully finishing my tattoo I've been working on.
  • Saturday: Roller derby night!

Coming up:
  • My birthday.
  • Figuring out where my daughter will be going to college.
  • A fly fishing retreat weekend.
  • A road trip in July to see friends.
  • Summer outdoor concerts.

Is the roller derby on a flat track? I went once and was really excited because I thought it was going to be like it was on Happy Days. When Fonzie's girlfriend Pinky Tuscardeo did roller derby. Sadly, I was disappointed when they did it on a flat surface. :(

easygoingfemme 04-10-2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrang1er (Post 1137608)
Is the roller derby on a flat track? I went once and was really excited because I thought it was going to be like it was on Happy Days. When Fonzie's girlfriend Pinky Tuscardeo did roller derby. Sadly, I was disappointed when they did it on a flat surface. :(

They are moving to a new venue so this is my first bout to see in the new space. The old space was a flat track in an armory. I'll let you know! Pinky Tuscardeo... thanks for the flashback!!!!!!!!!!

Orema 04-11-2017 04:39 AM

Good Friday

Her plane landing on Friday.

:bow:

A. Spectre 04-11-2017 07:27 AM

My bride and I are going to an Olivia Newton Johns' concert!
G's mom has been deceased for a few years but absolutely loved Olivia's music. She will be able to reconnect with her mom at the concert if only for a couple of hours. <3

http://ethnicelebs.com/wp-content/up...ewton-John.jpg

*Anya* 04-11-2017 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrang1er (Post 1137608)

The LA Derby Dolls does have a banked, old-fashioned wood track.

They have a junior league for girls ages 7–17 to learn the sport of roller derby.

My granddaughter was on it from age 8-10. They played other girl leagues on the regulation banked track.

I loved watching her play. Those little girls were tough!

They also have a group for women that want to learn roller derby called "Fresh Meat".

From their web site:

WHO WE ARE

The L.A. Derby Dolls are Southern California's premier all-female, banked track roller derby league.

Founded in October 2003 by Rebecca Ninburg (a.k.a.Demolicious) and Wendy Templeton (a.k.a. Thora Zeen), the L.A. Derby Dolls are a league of more than 150 skaters and volunteers, divided into five teams who skate on a banked track.

Embodying the do-it-yourself ethos of modern roller derby, as resurrected in Austin, Texas in 2000, the L.A. Derby Dolls are an entirely volunteer-run organization, relying on the support of their fans and community.

The L.A. Derby Dolls take all the thrills of the old game and update it with a fresh and feisty new face. And the hits and spills are 100% real. No script can write this kind of action.

http://www.derbydolls.com/#home-title

Unfortunately, they may lose their current home due to permitting issues from LA. The Dolls have been there for years, and then, the powers that be, popped up with new permit issues that cost a great deal of money.

I hope that they can get their permits to continue. Roller Derby is a blast!

Wrang1er 04-11-2017 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Anya* (Post 1137812)

They have a junior league for girls ages 7–17 to learn the sport of roller derby.

My granddaughter was on it from age 8-10. They played other girl leagues on the regulation banked track.

They also have a group for women that want to learn roller derby called "Fresh Meat".

From their web site:

WHO WE ARE

The L.A. Derby Dolls are Southern California's premier all-female, banked track roller derby league.

Founded in October 2003 by Rebecca Ninburg (a.k.a.Demolicious) and Wendy Templeton (a.k.a. Thora Zeen), the L.A. Derby Dolls are a league of more than 150 skaters and volunteers, divided into five teams who skate on a banked track.

Embodying the do-it-yourself ethos of modern roller derby, as resurrected in Austin, Texas in 2000, the L.A. Derby Dolls are an entirely volunteer-run organization, relying on the support of their fans and community.

The L.A. Derby Dolls take all the thrills of the old game and update it with a fresh and feisty new face. And the hits and spills are 100% real. No script can write this kind of action.

Unfortunately, they may lose their current home due to permitting issues from LA. The Dolls have been there for years, and then, the powers that be, popped up with new permit issues that cost a great deal of money.

Now that's what I'm talking about! Thank you for the info. :) If I ever make it to LA again I will have to be sure to go see this.

easygoingfemme 04-11-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Anya* (Post 1137812)

From their web site:

WHO WE ARE

That is *awesome* - Our teams sometimes have open practice / open house skate and they invite kids of all ages to come skate with them. I decided that if I ever joined a derby my name would be Rainbow Blight.

Mel C. 04-11-2017 12:48 PM

This audit being over (tomorrow).

AmazonDC 04-11-2017 01:38 PM

Getting home showering and resting .. I feel like crap... darn you immune system...

girl_dee 04-11-2017 02:39 PM

Family and family neighbor dinner a little later!

girl_dee 04-26-2017 02:19 AM

June! ...................

AmazonDC 04-26-2017 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 1140378)
June! ...................

June's a good month t o be excited about .. or so I am told lol..

girl_dee 04-26-2017 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyChrisCo (Post 1140380)
June's a good month t o be excited about .. or so I am told lol..

*nods spastically*

Gayandgray 04-26-2017 08:55 AM

The weekend!! I'm off and it's going to be up in the 80's and we are going down to the beach to hang out on the boardwalk!

cathexis 04-26-2017 11:26 AM

Sorry guys, I'm looking forward to the return of Winter and SNOW!