Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Something Delicious (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5975)

Sun 11-05-2012 07:56 PM

Something Delicious

Greetings,

Welcome to the Foodie Networking thread.

I thought that it would be fun to have a place where we could discuss all things and anything related to food, restaurants, ingredients, cooking tips, cravings, best of, worst ever and so on.

Have you been to a great little place that made the best "___" that you have ever had? Post about it.

Have you developed a taste for something new and delicious? Tell us about it.

Would you like to share tips or techniques for making something really good? Go for it.

Do you have a favorite childhood or family food memory to share?

Places to have general food discussion can be hard to find, so lets see what we can create here and have some fun while doing it.

Thank you, and Welcome!

Sun

Corkey 11-05-2012 07:59 PM

subscribing....

cinnamongrrl 11-05-2012 08:04 PM

such a good idea sun....we have a lot of good cookers here...of which i am not ....lol I DO love to bake though.....and I am also employed by a former chef who has opened my world to new ingredients and spices and such...ive learned a lot already....and i would love to learn more!

easygoingfemme 11-05-2012 08:07 PM

My first thought seeing this is that I want some good Pho.

Foodie checking in. Will be back. Thanks for starting this!

girl_dee 11-05-2012 08:12 PM

Poutine!

nice thread!

This is poutine made with turkey gravy (traditional is beef gravy) from our favorite restaraunt. This is the best place for Poutine! Myrts Family Restaraunt in Mattawa, ON ! i love their grilled fish !

They love their poutine in Canada!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n..._2950893_n.jpg

girl_dee 11-05-2012 08:13 PM

Foodies! There is an awesome app called *Foodspotting*

You can take a pic of any dish at any restaurant and share them with other Foodies.

It's lots of fun and it's free!

Sun 11-05-2012 08:13 PM

YAY!!

We have launched! Yay!

Awesome! Glad to see you all jumping on board and look forward to getting to know some of you through these discussions.

Corkey I am going to be looking out for some of your tips and grill talk.

Cinnamongrrl, I don't bake, well, only if I have to. lol. So I too will look forward to learning in here.

easygoingfemme..some good Pho would be great right now! If it is a good soup, I love it. Asian soup..even better.

Cant wait to see what you all will bring to this thread!

genghisfawn 11-05-2012 08:15 PM

Favourite food memories as a child: Being in my Baba's kitchen, pinching pyrohy and stirring steaming vats of jam.

Favourite food memory abroad: My first meal in Paris (my first meal outside Canada, in fact,) was a full fondue. It was the most interesting hybrid of a place, all of us reclining on chaises and finishing our meal with fruity shisha and surreptitiously refilled glasses of wine.

Favourite food memory under duress: After surgery last year, they wouldn't let me leave until I'd eaten. I stared disconsolately at the toast, which celiacs can't eat, and my mother went and bought those Chapman's ice cream cups. I ate two in a row, having fasted then for over 24 hours, and the nurse came in. Oh my goodness, they tasted so amazingly good, and I was still eating as she said, "You've eaten all that ice cream? You're going to be sick." I pointed my spoon at her in my drug haze and said, "You don't know me. I like to hang onto my food."

Corkey 11-05-2012 08:17 PM

A clean and well oiled grill is a happy grill.

Sun 11-05-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 692897)
Foodies! There is an awesome app called *Foodspotting*

You can take a pic of any dish at any restaurant and share them with other Foodies.

It's lots of fun and it's free!

Hi Dee! Welcome!

Wow I am going to have to check out that app. How cool.

Love the pic. Never tried that! Now there is a good reason to cross the border!

Sun 11-05-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genghisfawn (Post 692902)
Favourite food memories as a child: Being in my Baba's kitchen, pinching pyrohy and stirring steaming vats of jam.

Favourite food memory abroad: My first meal in Paris (my first meal outside Canada, in fact,) was a full fondue. It was the most interesting hybrid of a place, all of us reclining on chaises and finishing our meal with fruity shisha and surreptitiously refilled glasses of wine.

Favourite food memory under duress: After surgery last year, they wouldn't let me leave until I'd eaten. I stared disconsolately at the toast, which celiacs can't eat, and my mother went and bought those Chapman's ice cream cups. I ate two in a row, having fasted then for over 24 hours, and the nurse came in. Oh my goodness, they tasted so amazingly good, and I was still eating as she said, "You've eaten all that ice cream? You're going to be sick." I pointed my spoon at her in my drug haze and said, "You don't know me. I like to hang onto my food."

Love your stories! This made me laugh out loud!

I truly pity anyone that would try to get between myself and my ice cream.

What kinds of jams did you like most as a child? Recalling that I adored jam when I was young.

Sun 11-05-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corkey (Post 692905)

So true. The next time that I grill for 100 people I am going to come looking for you. It all sounds fun until they all come back for seconds and my arms start getting grilled too! lol

Corkey 11-05-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun (Post 692912)
So true. The next time that I grill for 100 people I am going to come looking for you. It all sounds fun until they all come back for seconds and my arms start getting grilled too! lol

LOL you know where to find me, just make sure I have a chair... :)

julieisafemme 11-05-2012 08:26 PM

I am a foodie in that I love to eat what other people cook! I don't like cooking. Maybe when I am retired. My sister loves to cook and is so good at it. She comes home from work and is so excited to get into the kitchen. She loves to cook for crowds. She loves to grocery shop. I hate it. Sigh. I will read and listen and hopefully get some inspiration. My family thanks you. I am, though, a good cook. Just see it as more a chore. I am cooking dinner right now.

girl_dee 11-05-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corkey (Post 692905)

i saw "girl" for " grill "

Wholeeee different meaning. :|

Corkey 11-05-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 692919)
i saw "girl" for " grill "

Wholeeee different meaning. :|

ROFLMFAO!!!! Yes, quite....

Canela 11-05-2012 08:31 PM

I love to cook!

Problem is, I can only cook a few things other than my native Tex Mex cuisine--a little Italian, a little American comfort food--and I cannot document recipes because I was taught by my Guelita who didn't use measurements either...

That said, even if I follow a recipe I will modify it and hope for the best...lol...don't ask me why, maybe rebellious?

This is a great thread idea, Sun!

I could use a little sprucing up in the kitchen department.

I'm hoping to impress my guy with my skills...
In the KITCHEN!

Gemme 11-05-2012 08:31 PM

I'm less of a foodie and more of an eater.

Looking forward to what everyone comes up with.

In the meantime, I used to love going to this restaurant when I lived in WA. They have their own brewery on site and made a most delish warm spinach salad, which I don't think they carry anymore. I'd be sad, except I'm not there anyway, so I'm not.

http://www.silvercitybrewery.com/

Sun 11-05-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julieisafemme (Post 692916)
I am a foodie in that I love to eat what other people cook! I don't like cooking. Maybe when I am retired. My sister loves to cook and is so good at it. She comes home from work and is so excited to get into the kitchen. She loves to cook for crowds. She loves to grocery shop. I hate it. Sigh. I will read and listen and hopefully get some inspiration. My family thanks you. I am, though, a good cook. Just see it as more a chore. I am cooking dinner right now.

Hi Julie!

Yes cooking can be a chore and many people do not enjoy it. I love when someone cooks for me. That is by far one of my great joys in life. So what are you cooking?

Sun 11-05-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 692923)
I'm less of a foodie and more of an eater.

Looking forward to what everyone comes up with.

In the meantime, I used to love going to this restaurant when I lived in WA. They have their own brewery on site and made a most delish warm spinach salad, which I don't think they carry anymore. I'd be sad, except I'm not there anyway, so I'm not.

http://www.silvercitybrewery.com/

Hi Gemme!

Wherever I go I can find a dish that I will enjoy and miss. Funny how many times spinach salad has come up as a topic in conversations with friends. Must be the dressing? A lot of people use bacon in the dressing. I do a spinach salad with soy, rice vinegar, fresh ginger, fresh garlic, a little toasted sesame oil and a little sugar. Then again I m in love with Asian flavors so that dressing could top many dishes and I would likely enjoy it!