Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Words Games, Quizzes, Etc. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   things we discovered we like, re-discovered we actually like and ought to try to see if we do like... (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7173)

puddin' 01-10-2014 12:41 AM

things we discovered we like, re-discovered we actually like and ought to try to see if we do like...

in da spirit o' a new year, i thought it might be interestin' to share a few o' da above. i'll start...

i've neva been a red wine fan really, but i discovered afta bein' gifted a bottle o' shiraz rose this holiday season, and much to me chagrin, that there is a "red" i actually enjoy. a nice discovery.

i was at a revolving dinna club event over da holidays and nz bluff oysters were on one o' da appetizer trays presented. now as a young chile, me father insisted we try ever'thang. and i gagged on oysters a time or 2. however, i found afta samplin' a couple, then a few more, that i enjoy oysters... a great deal. so i re-discovered something, i don't hate oysters.

so come on now, share good people...

Ginger 01-10-2014 08:59 AM

Good idea for a thread.

I'm thinking ... I never was a big fan of cayenne pepper but lately I started putting it in quinoa/vegetable mixes I make and I'm liking hotter and hotter levels.

Elody 01-10-2014 12:05 PM

I didn't try Old Bay seasoning for the longest time-- since I was a kid. I recently rediscovered it and seem to be reaching for it several times a week.

JoSchmooze 01-10-2014 12:06 PM

SPAM!! They even have SPAM now with jalapeno!

Katniss 01-10-2014 12:39 PM

Asparagus and spinach

Growing up my mother always bought canned veggies and I have no idea why. I despised these slimy veggies with a passion. However as an adult, and being raised to politely taste everything on my plate, I came across wilted spinach with garlic and also grilled asparagus. Now I adore these veggies! I don't know if I would have liked them served that way when I was younger, I tend to think so, but I am a firm believer in preparation and fresh not frozen/canned is the key to loving veggies.

Katniss~~

DapperButch 01-10-2014 12:39 PM

Brussel Sprouts.

Lima beans (only in butter).

JAGG 01-10-2014 01:20 PM

Raw asparagus.

Chancie 01-10-2014 03:31 PM

Sweet potatoes.

puddin' 01-10-2014 04:46 PM

thangs i must try...

goin' up in a hot air balloon.
choc'late covered ants
more bluff oysters

puddin' 01-21-2014 03:11 PM

discoveries...

sri lankan cuisine
cheese, olives & grapes fo' dinner
a good cigar

Soon 01-21-2014 04:01 PM

roasted brussel sprouts

DapperButch 01-21-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soon (Post 882235)
roasted brussel sprouts

Love them! TF makes them all the time!

Paradox 01-22-2014 09:10 PM

I have a strong dislike for beets.

Recently re-introduced them into my meals. And found I can accept them in;
1) small pieces and fairly dried. :)

C0LLETTE 02-25-2014 01:54 PM

I gag at the thought of Chicken-ala-King.... basically the innards of a chicken pot pie.http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--xdBK-8UQD...Plate+%233.jpg

If you grew up in the 50s and 60s , you ate waaaaaay too much of this glup.

deathbypoem 02-25-2014 02:45 PM

Sweet Potatos. Gross.me.out. BUT, I found some awesome vegan Sweet Potato chips that are to.die.for. :)

Gemme 02-25-2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradox (Post 882800)
I have a strong dislike for beets.

Recently re-introduced them into my meals. And found I can accept them in;
1) small pieces and fairly dried. :)

Vinegar. It cuts the earthiness of the beets.

Plus it makes a really pretty purpley beet juice when you're done.

Things that I've discovered and re-discovered that I enjoy include, but are not limited to:

white asparagus
goat cheese with blueberry goo
steamed veggies (but not brussel sprouts, cuz they and I are NOT friends)

puddin' 07-12-2014 04:01 PM

bumpity, bump, bump...

mixin' sweet & savoury can be divine as!

aishah 07-14-2014 07:15 AM

avocado and guacamole. as a kid we never ate this at home, and i usually went out to eat with my sister and she hates avo so she would always have it taken off whatever she ordered. i took after her and just assumed it was disgusting and never really tried it until i worked at jimmy john's. then after that i could do avocado spread and the occasional guac at restaurants, but only recently have i been able to eat whole avocados and incorporate them into my cooking at home without getting weirded out.

popcorn with sugary toppings instead of salty. still kind of wary of this one - i can do caramel corn but still the traditional kettle corn with sugar freaks me the hell out.

JoSchmooze 07-14-2014 09:20 AM

Cottage cheese....

MsTinkerbelly 07-14-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoSchmooze (Post 921224)

Cottage cheese....

Yummmmm

Cottage cheese with applesauce and cinnamon...