Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you having for dinner tonight? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197)

femmennoir 10-26-2010 12:53 PM

How can you be cranky with a glass of wine twice a day, a lovely croissant for breakfast, and meals which never repeat and aim to please the palate and the eyes?
There was an article last year in Time Magazine about meals in a preschool in Paris, and the American journalist (the mom in the article) said that the meals were posted for two months at a time at her child's preschool, and there was not a single repeat in 60 meals, with several courses every lunch time, even in preschool, and when she wanted to pick up her child early one day, the dining-room staff said no, the child needs to eat calmly his entire meal, including his green salad, his cheese and his dessert!
In other words, we take our food seriously, and it starts early!!!!

Elle, sending Gemme a lunch card!

Gemme 10-26-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by femmennoir (Post 214651)
How can you be cranky with a glass of wine twice a day, a lovely croissant for breakfast, and meals which never repeat and aim to please the palate and the eyes?
There was an article last year in Time Magazine about meals in a preschool in Paris, and the American journalist (the mom in the article) said that the meals were posted for two months at a time at her child's preschool, and there was not a single repeat in 60 meals, with several courses every lunch time, even in preschool, and when she wanted to pick up her child early one day, the dining-room staff said no, the child needs to eat calmly his entire meal, including his green salad, his cheese and his dessert!
In other words, we take our food seriously, and it starts early!!!!

Elle, sending Gemme a lunch card!

Ha! Just what I need! :cheesy:

I'm a bit of a sugarholic and, though there is dessert, I tend to eat way too much of the sugary stuff. I've cut down a bit on it but it's one of those things that I won't be able to give up or pare down very much more.

I think that's excellent; the variety in the meals and also that a child's nutrition is taken very seriously. There are many things that I find fascinating and admirable about France.....:wine: is only one of them.

*cheeky*

Rockinonahigh 10-26-2010 02:15 PM

Fish and salad...diets suck!!! I want a big chocolate cake with chocolate Iceing...no im not gonna.

PinkieLee 10-26-2010 02:16 PM

Since I've got a busy night ahead of me...

baby spinach salad with avacado & raspberry vinagrette dressing for me. baby spinach salad with bacon bits & ceaser italian dressing for her.

chicken & rice casserole (thanks to Stouffers :winky: )

Chancie 10-26-2010 02:35 PM

We are going to a birthday party for a three year old, so

We'll be eating macaroni and cheese but

We better pick up something good to drink.

diamondrose 10-26-2010 03:18 PM

cucumber, garden grown tomato, and carrots with ginger dressing. Also a pear on the side

shadows papa 10-26-2010 03:20 PM

Pork tenderloin,baked sweet potatoes,steamed Asian veggies...and probably some berries and Greek yogurt for dessert

SnackTime 10-26-2010 05:31 PM

Broiled chicken breast, steamed green beans and sweet tea

:cheesy:

sweetfemme247 10-26-2010 05:34 PM

I am making a chorizo and egg quiche and fried potatoes

Jesse 10-26-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tranzman (Post 214338)
Putting some turkey legs and seasoning in the crock pot tonight for tomorrow's dinner. Hopefully they will be tasty. :)

The turkey legs cooked up so tender and juicy this way. I loved them! :)

ravfem 10-26-2010 06:55 PM

i'm thinkin cereal.

or maybe ice cream.

or both.

:hangloose:

Kenna 10-26-2010 07:06 PM

What ever it is....the smells coming from the kitchen are tormenting me!!! My housemate could give Ramsay and Rachael Ray a running for their money!!

Gemme 10-26-2010 09:02 PM

Nothing yet. Maybe I should look into that.

StillettoDoll 10-27-2010 01:45 PM

roasted chicken with a ceaser salad and baking a cake

PinkieLee 10-27-2010 01:52 PM

Been cravin' pasta so...

Pasta Milano (grilled chicken, mushrooms, sundried tomatos, alfredo sauce with bowtie pasta)

Ceaser salad

a nice glass of Merlot

Corkey 10-27-2010 02:19 PM

Shrimp stir fry!

lipstixgal 10-27-2010 02:29 PM

Ok do tonights dinner will be pasta with some meat sauce and veggies which are hot and spicey and some dessert of some sort from the bakery near by or Stop and Shop!!

Gemme 10-27-2010 03:18 PM

Beats the bejeezus out of me! Someone pre-ate tonight's dinner. :blink:

lipstixgal 10-27-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 215385)
Beats the bejeezus out of me! Someone pre-ate tonight's dinner. :blink:

Who ate the dinner?? lol too funny

Gemme 10-27-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lipstixgal (Post 215391)
Who ate the dinner?? lol too funny

We got our wires crossed and Organic had tonight's dinner last night. :blink:

I'm thinking it might be leftover from lunch pizza.