Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Massachusetts Forums (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Western Mass Labor Day Weekend Get Together thread! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8656)

candy_coated_bitch 07-31-2018 10:46 AM

Western Mass Labor Day Weekend Get Together thread!

Mel_C. and girl_dee will be visiting Western Mass (Northampton area) over Labor Day weekend and we would like to get a gathering going while they are here.

Our options for times are looking to be either Friday night (Aug 31st) and Saturday lunch/early afternoon (Spetember 1st). The Saturday lunch/early or into late afternoon if folks wanna stick around is so far looking like the best option for most people.

We are trying to decide where to go. The last time we had a Western Mass gathering we ate at The Teapot. Plusses: it's big and has an extensive Chinese/Japanese menu anyone can find something to eat from. The negatives: the long table in the back doesn't allow for easy conversation amongst a large group. It can accomodate a large group, however, which is why I like it.

Another option is Packard's. It's a bar that has a rather extensive menu of pub food. Plusses: we'd be able to eat AND drink. There's a private room in the back we could reserve and we'd have privacy and one big table we could all sit around and converse. Minus: the room only holds 12, 13 people at MOST, so depending on group size it may not be an option. It's my favorite option of the three I am going to propose.

Last option is Quarters, which is an arcade with old fashioned games. Plusses: it's a fun activity and can accomodate large groups. They have food and drinks as well. Minuses: I fear it will be to loud to be able to hear each other but that might just be my fear. This is Jedi's first choice. Caveat: we have never been so I cannot personally vouch for the place like I can for the other two.

Please discuss amongst yourselves! Feel free to contact me or Jedi on Facebook if you're friends with us there, or PM questions but it would be great if we could discuss as a group!

Let's have some fun!

candy_coated_bitch 07-31-2018 10:54 AM

PS: It's Jedi's birthday on the 28th so it would be great if we could celebrate that!! It's her big 5-0!!!

ProfPacker 07-31-2018 01:26 PM

Labor Day weekend

I will be around and would love to finally meet everyone

candy_coated_bitch 07-31-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfPacker (Post 1220840)
I will be around and would love to finally meet everyone

Yay! We'll keep you posted as plans come together.

Medusa 07-31-2018 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch (Post 1220830)
Mel_C. and girl_dee will be visiting Western Mass (Northampton area) over Labor Day weekend and we would like to get a gathering going while they are here.

Our options for times are looking to be either Friday night (Aug 31st) and Saturday lunch/early afternoon (Spetember 1st). The Saturday lunch/early or into late afternoon if folks wanna stick around is so far looking like the best option for most people.

We are trying to decide where to go. The last time we had a Western Mass gathering we ate at The Teapot. Plusses: it's big and has an extensive Chinese/Japanese menu anyone can find something to eat from. The negatives: the long table in the back doesn't allow for easy conversation amongst a large group. It can accomodate a large group, however, which is why I like it.

Another option is Packard's. It's a bar that has a rather extensive menu of pub food. Plusses: we'd be able to eat AND drink. There's a private room in the back we could reserve and we'd have privacy and one big table we could all sit around and converse. Minus: the room only holds 12, 13 people at MOST, so depending on group size it may not be an option. It's my favorite option of the three I am going to propose.

Last option is Quarters, which is an arcade with old fashioned games. Plusses: it's a fun activity and can accomodate large groups. They have food and drinks as well. Minuses: I fear it will be to loud to be able to hear each other but that might just be my fear. This is Jedi's first choice. Caveat: we have never been so I cannot personally vouch for the place like I can for the other two.

Please discuss amongst yourselves! Feel free to contact me or Jedi on Facebook if you're friends with us there, or PM questions but it would be great if we could discuss as a group!

Let's have some fun!

We would SO come to this if life wasn't so crazy right now. Great location and I hope you'll take tons of pics! :)

girl_dee 07-31-2018 06:41 PM

a birthday party sounds fun!

All I know is I will be in late on Friday. Mel will likely be there already.

I don’t care where we go!

candy_coated_bitch 07-31-2018 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 1220848)
We would SO come to this if life wasn't so crazy right now. Great location and I hope you'll take tons of pics! :)

That would have been awesome!!! We will take lots of pics for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 1220855)
a birthday party sounds fun!

All I know is I will be in late on Friday. Mel will likely be there already.

I don’t care where we go!

Ok, let's do Saturday then so you can be bright eyed and bushy tailed. That seemed to be the day people were leaning towards anyways!

LaDivina 07-31-2018 07:25 PM

I can only do Saturday if it's later in the day...I usually work until 3. But I'll be there!

I loved Packards because we had that separate room, but yeah, if we have too many people it'd be tight.

Chancie 07-31-2018 07:40 PM

That sounds great. We’re in if we don’t go camping.

I don’t love Teapot. I think the food is meh. I do like Packards.

How about Bombay Royale? Do folks like Indian food? We could ask them to move the tables around.

easygoingfemme 07-31-2018 07:46 PM

Oooh this has potential!!!!!!!!

Mel C. 07-31-2018 08:18 PM

I was holding off on Saturday PM as an option but let’s include it as well.

candy_coated_bitch 07-31-2018 08:27 PM

Ok Saturday PM is fine with me as well.

Chancie, I've never been to Bombay Royale but do love Indian. I'm just not sure if it's a group friendly food. It might be! How do folks feel about indian???

Packard's is still my #1 for the back room but it really depends on people. Based on how many people have responded here and to me personally we're already pushing the limit. So, I guess let's think of a plan B.

LaDivina 07-31-2018 08:34 PM

How do people feel about Sunday instead?

candy_coated_bitch 07-31-2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaDivina (Post 1220876)
How do people feel about Sunday instead?

From what I understood Mel and Dee can't do Sunday. Not that they can't speak for themselves lol.

girl_dee 07-31-2018 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch (Post 1220883)
From what I understood Mel and Dee can't do Sunday. Not that they can't speak for themselves lol.

i think we can, but i can ask Mel tomorrow.

candy_coated_bitch 07-31-2018 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 1220884)
i think we can, but i can ask Mel tomorrow.

Officially letting everyone speak for themselves . :)

candy_coated_bitch 08-01-2018 10:34 AM

I am scratching off Friday night as an option for possible times and the back room at Packard's because we have too many people.

Would everyone please tell me whether or not they'd like to meet Saturday or Sunday and if you'd rather eat at Bombay Royale or Teapot? The Northampton Brewery was also mentioned to me as a good possible option. Check out their web site too.

ProfPacker 08-01-2018 10:48 AM

Saturday would be best for me. I like the idea of later on, or, at night. I can’t tell you what restaurant because I don’t know them.

candy_coated_bitch 08-01-2018 02:28 PM

Northampton Brewey
I think this is a good option as well.

profpacker, all possible venues are linked in this thread so you can peruse their web sites and menus.

ProfPacker 08-01-2018 03:23 PM

Northampton Brewery or the Indian Restaurant whichever is able to fits us all