Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you having for dinner tonight? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197)

ahk 06-17-2013 06:14 PM

I pretty full still from lunch -- so I'll probably just have either a green smoothie or a bowl of cereal. I haven't decided yet. My wife will be eating leftovers --

Jesse 06-17-2013 06:20 PM

I am going back to a more Paleo way of eating...I kind of slipped WAY out of it for a while there. So tonight I am making a Bacon and avocado salad with raw baby bellas, broccoli sprouts, green onions, raw spinach leaves, a dash of EVOO and a couple of sprigs of fresh mint for added flavor.

I got the bacon with low salt and no sugar, hopefully it will still taste like
bacon and not Bacon Beggin Strips! Lol! :blink:

ahk 06-17-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 812491)
I am going back to a more Paleo way of eating...I kind of slipped WAY out of it for a while there. So tonight I am making a Bacon and avocado salad with raw baby bellas, broccoli sprouts, green onions, raw spinach leaves, a dash of EVOO and a couple of sprigs of fresh mint for added flavor.

I got the bacon with low salt and no sugar, hopefully it will still taste like
bacon and not Bacon Beggin Strips! Lol! :blink:

What is the Paleo way of eating?? :eatinghersheybar: --- doubt chocolate is part of the way of eating.

Jesse 06-17-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahk (Post 812493)
What is the Paleo way of eating?? :eatinghersheybar: --- doubt chocolate is part of the way of eating.

Here is a link that has a list of preferred foods and foods that are frowned upon. Note that bacon is on the Do Not list, but as long as you can find lean center cut bacon that does not have added sugar and is low in salt, then it is okay occasionally. I probably have not had bacon in a a couple of years because it can upset my stomach, but this salad sounded so good I decided to eat bacon this once.

P.S. I am thinking chocolate is a no go, because of the sugar! ;)

http://www.goodharvestmarket.com/spe...leo_foods.html

deb_U_taunt 06-17-2013 06:45 PM

split pea soup

ahk 06-17-2013 06:47 PM

Well thank you Jesse, for the link. Much appreciated.

I decided to eat a bowl of cereal. Nature's Path Organic Optimum Cereal, Blueberry Cinnamon w/ coconut & almond milk blend. I'll probably snack on some popcorn later. Oh I just ate a peach!!

Mopsie 06-17-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 812499)
Here is a link that has a list of preferred foods and foods that are frowned upon. Note that bacon is on the Do Not list, but as long as you can find lean center cut bacon that does not have added sugar and is low in salt, then it is okay occasionally. I probably have not had bacon in a a couple of years because it can upset my stomach, but this salad sounded so good I decided to eat bacon this once.

P.S. I am thinking chocolate is a no go, because of the sugar! ;)

http://www.goodharvestmarket.com/spe...leo_foods.html

Wow that list is pretty interesting ... I saw you could have rattlesnake but not chocolate ... :|

Jesse 06-17-2013 06:57 PM

You're welcome. It was easier to send the link than to try and explain what you can have, verses what you can't, or have to limit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahk (Post 812505)
Well thank you Jesse, for the link. Much appreciated.

I decided to eat a bowl of cereal. Nature's Path Organic Optimum Cereal, Blueberry Cinnamon w/ coconut & almond milk blend. I'll probably snack on some popcorn later. Oh I just ate a peach!!

Trev 06-17-2013 06:59 PM

Cheerios and yes, contained no chocolate

Mopsie 06-17-2013 07:08 PM

I made pasta salad - one of my favorites! :)

Now I'm having a cookie with chocolate chips! :chocolate:

PinkieLee 06-18-2013 07:59 AM

I went to dinner with one of my girlfriends last night... we ordered 2 meals and split it :)

I got the shrimp po boy on a toasted french roll (so freakin' good)
and she got a BLAT (bacon, lettuce, avacado & tomato)

and we washed it down with a 64 oz fruity cocktail (we also split) called the Pink Wink.

Tonight, I guess I cook a home cooked meal for my boo ;)

baked chicken & rice with a mushroom sauce
fresh corn on the cob
and tomato slices

ahk 06-18-2013 11:16 AM

I'm gonna make a quick marinara sauce with fresh basil. Toss it over some whole wheat pasta. Serve with a spinach salad.

macele 06-18-2013 12:55 PM

my daddy could grow some of the best tomatoes, and way too many. i miss that. a farm not too far up the road just picked their first crop of tomatoes. that's what i'm having for supper. a tomato sandwich. and hopefully many more this summer. fresh tomatoes make me happy.

Happyfemme 06-18-2013 05:49 PM

Steak, red potatoes and spaghetti squash with parmesan

MsBluem 06-18-2013 05:52 PM

This thread is making me hungry! Was feeling sluggish earlier so I grabbed fast food for lunch. Huge mistake. It's sitting like a brick at the top of my stomach. My luck, I'll be hungry again when I get out of work tonight. Probably just munch on some strawberries and raspberries.

stargazingboi 06-18-2013 06:36 PM

it's summer time so grilling will be a daily thing..1) because we love it and 2) so the house doesn't get hot

tonight was white wine herb chicken on the grill...brussle sprouts sauteed with red onion and garlic...and pasta with an alfredo sauce

Trev 06-18-2013 06:36 PM

Ordered a sammich from McCallister's a Reuben

MsBluem 06-18-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trev (Post 812961)
Ordered a sammich from McCallister's a Reuben

McCallister's. Yum! Closest one to me is around an hour away. :blues:

Trev 06-18-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsBluem (Post 812966)
McCallister's. Yum! Closest one to me is around an hour away. :blues:

I'm sorry, this one is across the street from work. It beats the alternative, Taco Bell

wahya 06-18-2013 07:28 PM

For the rainy weather up in Mass. Soup! No not homemade but right out of the can. :)