Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   If You *REALLY* knew Me... (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1874)

FeminineAllure 08-14-2010 06:19 AM

If You *REALLY* knew Me...

This idea came from a show on MTV that encourages High school students from different cliques to challenge their views of each other. Most all of us are out of high school for years and years now but this thread is here to allow a space for safely sharing ones vulnerabilities and to encourage mutual respect and a deeper understanding of the lives of other community members.
Lets respect the extent that people will feel comfortable divulging as much or a little information as they choose to share.
This is NOT a space for personal issues with any other member/s on this site.

Thanks!

If you really knew me...
You would know I have had a very stressful 2 years. I moved from N.J. to PA to take care of my 84 year old father who is going blind. I also took on the responsibility of 8 feral cats out back.
If you really knew me you would now I am somewhat shy and this sometimes hinders me in meeting new people.
If you really knew me...You would know I have been contented being single the last few years but would like to make some new friendships and start dating again.
If you really knew me you would know they found a lesion in my brain last month on the frontal lobe and are doing another test in 6 months to monitor me for MS.
If you really knew me you would know I have a slipper fetish. I own many, many slippers!!!

I think you get the idea...

Sachita 08-14-2010 06:48 AM

great idea for sharing but also affirmations. I've been using a lot of self hypnosis and meditation lately.

If you really knew me you'd know that 10 years ago something happened that devastated me, changed my view of myself and world. Every year after seemed to spiral out of control and although I still achieved many goals there was a constant void , pain and fear within me. If you knew me before that you would have seen a vivacious woman that had an unreal zest for living. Strong, capable, beautiful and seductive.

If you knew me you'd see how very hard I've worked to escape this doubt and heal. Today I am not the same woman I was even 2 months ago. If you knew me you'd see that finally, after so many years I have thrown off the weight of fear and liberated myself pain. If you knew me you'd see the sparkle starting to return and you'd feel the passion for life starting to brew. you'd know that its all me, no one that walks on this planet can make me happier then I can myself.

If you knew me you'd know that animals are a very important part of my healing and should the truth be known I like then better than humans.

MysticOceansFL 08-14-2010 08:03 AM

If you really knew me: You would know that I am a carrying person and I chat with many people and that doesn't mean I'm " doing" anyone. I think it's healthy to have many friends but if someone is sulking over how many one person has friends then get out and make more friends yourself don't be jelious of someone else.

Because if you really know me: This time last year I wasn't a talkitive chatter.

Pixie 08-14-2010 08:36 AM

If you really knew me, you would know that I strive to make everyone I meet feel accepted, understood, and respected.

If you really knew me, you would know I do this to receive the same in return.

If you really knew me, you would have seen the growth I have done and the healthier and more confident person I have become, cherishing the scars of the past, to keep me from returning to that lower self.

If you really knew me, you know that my trust, once given runs thick with love and protection.

If you really knew me, I would really know you!

WolfyOne 08-14-2010 10:26 AM

If you really knew me, you'd know my outward appearance doesn't match how I've felt inside for almost a year now

If you really knew me, you'd know that it's hard for me to communicate in crowded rooms, on the phone and sometimes one on with a person
if you don't speak loud enough or clear enough or don't annunciate your words

If you really knew me, you'd know I'm a kind, caring person that can be a jerk at times and not realize it

If you really knew me, you'd know I was an animal lover and would rescue them all if I had the time, money and room

Diva 08-14-2010 12:44 PM

~If You really knew me, You'd be surprised.

WingsOnFire 08-14-2010 01:14 PM

If you Really knew me... you would know that under this sweet loving confident personality is a woman who has overcome huge obstacles and used to be completely beaten down emotionally.

If you Really knew me... you would know I protect those that I love fiercely...

If you Really knew me... you would know that I am usually the peace maker which can drive people nuts sometimes :giggle:

If you Really knew me... you would know that I would buy a farm and adopt every unadoptable or lost animal there is.. thank goodness I cant afford a farm!

Boots13 08-14-2010 01:17 PM

blowing the image -

If you really knew me you'd see me
in Birkenstocks
eating veggie sandwiches
and playing fetch with my cat

...see, not so tough.

bigbutchmistie 08-14-2010 01:35 PM

If you really knew me you would be shocked at all thats been in my life and all Ive been through to make me the person I am today.

If you really knew me you'd know how the death of my mother in 2001 changed me. And I havent been the same since. It left a hole in my soul.

If you really knew me you would know I have a rough exterior but a huge heart.

If you really knew me you'd know how it hurts me not have my brother in my life.

If you really knew me you would know sensitive I can be.

If you really knew me you'd know how loyal I am.

If you really knew me you'd know how understanding I am

If you really knew me you'd know how I dont tolerate b.s.

If you really knew me you'd know how shy I am. How I almost pass out to be in crowds.

If you really knew me you'd know how hard it is for me to talk to a beautiful woman.

If you really knew me you'd know how trust is a big t hing for me.

If you really knew me you'd know how I think Im 10 feet tall and bullet proof during the day, but crash at night :)

If you really knew me you'd know how complex and yet simple I can be

If you really knew me you'd know I am an honest person

If you really knew me you'd know that Simon is my world. I love that little dog so much. He keeps me from closing my heart.

FeminineAllure 08-14-2010 06:43 PM

Thanks for the sharing so far! Reading the responses made me smile and warmed my heart.

Corkey 08-14-2010 06:57 PM

If you really knew me..you'd understand I really have no use for drama or those who perpetrate it.
If you really knew me you'd see a man who loves his wife beyond measure.
If you really knew me you would have a friend for life, cause we are all human.
If you really knew me you would see though I'm differently abled, my mind is intact and I am not a fool nor suffer fools easily.
If you really knew me we'd go have a beer and talk about fishing, food, football, and life in general.
If you really knew me, you'd understand I accept you for who you are, all I ask is the same.
If you really knew me.

Gemme 08-14-2010 07:00 PM

My housemate LOVES this show and she's made me sit through a few episodes. It's not bad at all. There have been a couple kids that really pulled on my heartstrings.

If you really knew me....

you'd know to expect the unexpected.

you'd know there's just as much, if not more, darkness than sunshine within me

you'd know that I am a lost soul

you'd know I require but loathe change

FeminineAllure 08-14-2010 09:31 PM

If you really knew me... you would know I have insomnia often. It gives me way too much time to think...Yet I am a night person and love the evening. It is such a peaceful, quiet time for me to relax and unwind.

bigbutchmistie 08-14-2010 09:38 PM

If you really knew me you'd know how much I love hockey and football and cant stand baseball, basketball, golf or NASCAR...

If you really knew me youd know I love to be cold in the summer and luke warm in the winter. Hell, I dont own a coat

If you really knew me you'd know that I have been out of the closet for 18 years and have been single for all but a year of that combined.

If you really knew me you'd know Im a survivor

Laerkin 08-14-2010 10:11 PM

If you really knew me you'd know that it's way past my bedtime and I'm yawning up a storm. Trying to keep my eyes open and failing...zzzzzz.

DamonK 08-15-2010 12:44 AM

If you really knew me... you'd know I'm a fighter.

If you really knew me... you'd know I've overcome amazing obstacles.

If you really knew me... you'd realize why I do some of the things I do.

If you really knew me... you'd know I'm hard as steel... down to the core.

If you really knew me... you wouldn't be reading this. You'd just know.

T D 08-15-2010 12:54 AM

If you really knew me......

You'd know that you will never "really" know me unless I want you to ;)

Kobi 08-15-2010 01:53 AM

If you really knew me....you'd know I can't fall asleep unless a dvd of Friends is playing on the tv.

If you really knew me....you'd know I sleep with ear muffs on. Blocks out the noise from the youngster next door.

If you really knew me....you'd know I am becoming more and more conservative as I age. At this rate, I figure to be Bill O'Reilly by 2015. Oy.

If you really knew me....you'd know my trust is something you will have to earn.

If you really knew me....you'd know a good friend is more important to me than a partner.

If you really knew me....you'd know I am at the age where I believe little of what I hear and half of what I see. It is a fun era.

If you really knew me....you'd know I call 'em like I see 'em. After all, bullcrap is still bullcrap no matter how nicely you dress it up.

If you really knew me....you'd know I love my space and freedom.

If you really knew me....you'd know I can live in shorts and a tank even in the middle of winter.

tiggs 08-15-2010 02:43 AM

If you really knew me?

You would know that I find the greatest joy in the simplest of things

You would know that when I love it is fiercely, passionately and completely without reservation and that I will lay my life down for those I love

You would know that if you betray me I will walk away, no questions or explinations and I will never look back

You would know that I still LOVE cartoons and will laugh out loud at I Love Lucy re-runs

You would know what complete and utter acceptance is

Converse 08-15-2010 04:12 AM

If you knew me you’d know that I seek not to agree but to understand.

That its not that I want to save the world but that witnessing bullying, intimidation and misuse of power will always make me rise.

That love changed me.

That I will begin to pace if I can’t see the sky.

That I can often forgive but never forget.