Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Crumbs in the butter and other Pet Peeves! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4681)

girl_dee 02-25-2012 08:46 PM

call waiting, BIG pet peeve!

femmennoir 02-25-2012 08:48 PM

Going organic!

Oh! and at a restaurant, I order my food, you order yours! A lot of thought goes into my culinary decisions, including a perfect balance between my appetizer, my main course and my dessert (leaving wine aside for a minute), and not only do they compliment each other, but together they illustrate my mood of the moment, the savoir-faire of the chef, and the peek of the season. I don't want to taste what you ordered, because if I had wanted it, I would have ordered it. Don't eat mine! I am very articulate about food and can describe in glorious detail what I am eating. In fact, that is part of the pleasure of the meal!

Elle*

Mr Nice Guy 02-25-2012 09:43 PM

Snapping gum

PaPa 02-25-2012 09:52 PM

Being disturbed when I am trying to nap. If I am napping it means either I am not feeling well or I did not sleep well last night and my body demands rest.

Finding the butter dish is almost empty and there is no more butter softened. UGH!

genghisfawn 02-25-2012 10:02 PM

Reading over my shoulder gets you the frowning of a lifetime. If you want to know, ask me to read it aloud!

SugarFemme 02-25-2012 10:03 PM

Commandeering the TV remote LOL

WomenMoveMe 02-26-2012 02:18 AM

Impolite people

Word things...mispronunciations...improper use of words...improper use of tense

"Dropping by" without asking permission

Being called 'honey' or 'sweetie' by people who do not know me

Chewing with an open mouth

Slow drivers in the left lane

Oh, this list could go on and on. Gosh, I seem rather intolerant!

Words 02-26-2012 02:38 AM

Being read to. If you've come across an interesting piece on the Net/whatever, let me read it myself...I am capable. But if you MUST read it yourself, then at least read slowly so that I can digest what you're saying...if you don't, then you might as well not bother to read it at all.

Major, major peeve.

Miss_J 02-26-2012 04:06 AM

Finishing the last cold drink in the fridge then offering me the money to replace it. uh NO, if I wanted to go back to the store, put a drink in the fridge so I can I have it when it was cold I would.. oh wait.. I DID!
YOU replace it the way it was then stay the hell off.. * sigh * I don't like warm water

willow 02-26-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by always2late (Post 535810)
Someone taking food off of my plate "just to try/taste it" without asking me first.

I will draw blood with my fork if you do this to me. Believe it.

willow 02-26-2012 07:41 AM

Cross contamination of food stuffs. Butter in the jam jar, coffee grains in the sugar bowl, bits of coleslaw in the potato salad.....

Medusa 02-26-2012 08:08 AM

Reading over my shoulder will send me into the red zone in 2 seconds!

We used to have a friend who, when at our home, would blatantly stand behind me and try to read over my shoulder and would even say "Wait, wait, I'm not done" when I was clicking to a next page or scrolling.

*grits teeth*

smouldering 02-26-2012 08:43 AM

2 BIG pet peeves of mine..

"you want to watch this movie with me? No, okay" -- In the middle of watching a movie that someone else didn't want to watch, then decides a half hour later to come in and sit down.. and starts asking me what is happening and who's who... :| really?

Another pet peeve and one that really upsets me is the whole "Actions speak louder than words"..
.The biggest thing I cannot stand is when someone tells me something only because they think it is what i want to hear, or says one thing and does the complete opposite, not because they changed their mind- but because they only said it to "appease" me. the quickest way to get on my shit list is to lead me on lol.
Good or bad, all I ask is you just be honest with me, just be straight with me. I am a big girl and will have more respect for you if you are authentic and honest.

dark_crystal 02-26-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by femmennoir (Post 535790)
Toothpaste culprits, stay away!
Kitchen "assistants" who want to mess with my cooking (and taste my food before it is served), shoo!
......and if you must drown everything in ketchup, you can't come over for dinner!

Elle*

OMG my ex used to come in the kitchen while i was cooking and turn the fire up or down on the stove

made me want to walk right out to the couch and sit my ass down

"you apparently know better than me how to do what i am doing- so you go right ahead and do it"

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElusiveButch (Post 535877)
Snapping gum

the EXISTENCE of gum

girl_dee 02-26-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 536033)
Reading over my shoulder will send me into the red zone in 2 seconds!

We used to have a friend who, when at our home, would blatantly stand behind me and try to read over my shoulder and would even say "Wait, wait, I'm not done" when I was clicking to a next page or scrolling.

*grits teeth*

This is a biggie for me too, so how does one tell someone it's annoying as hell without being RUDE?

girl_dee 02-26-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Words (Post 535979)
Being read to. If you've come across an interesting piece on the Net/whatever, let me read it myself...I am capable. But if you MUST read it yourself, then at least read slowly so that I can digest what you're saying...if you don't, then you might as well not bother to read it at all.

Major, major peeve.

THIS. Sure mention something to me then say, "i can read this to ya if you like" other than that DON'T read what you are reading out loud!

girl_dee 02-26-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaPa (Post 535881)
Being disturbed when I am trying to nap. If I am napping it means either I am not feeling well or I did not sleep well last night and my body demands rest.

Finding the butter dish is almost empty and there is no more butter softened. UGH!

This part is something we work with here!

girl_dee 02-26-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElusiveButch (Post 535877)
Snapping gum

i am SO bad about this, i am a gum smacker. :blink:

WolfyOne 02-26-2012 09:26 AM

Wow, after reading all the posts, I will probably be single a really long time :|

I seem to be as anal as others with their peeves...me thinks I'll keep my pets, thank you

That is all :blink:

girl_dee 02-26-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfyOne (Post 536083)
Wow, after reading all the posts, I will probably be single a really long time :|

I seem to be as anal as others with their peeves...me thinks I'll keep my pets, thank you

That is all :blink:

LOL what about when other people undermine you?

like when i am correcting my dog i don't want to hear *ohhh it's ok" and then continuing on like i just didn't correct my own dog

my dog, my rules!