Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What did you GIVE today? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2552)

Blade 12-23-2010 03:50 PM

What did you GIVE today?

I got this idea from my own post in the "I wish" thread. I can't say that I give of myself every day. I can say that most days I at least give laughter to people. That in itself means a lot to me to be able to make people smile and laugh.

I'd like to think that someone will post in this thread daily, just so we can see that we are a giving group of people.

So share with us your story or sentiments
"What did you GIVE today"

katsarecool 12-23-2010 04:13 PM

I am making three coloring books for lil guys in the family. It has been a lot of work and I am happy to do it. It has been a three week long project filled with stories, cartoon characters and illustrations all done by hand. So not actually given as yet...... I give food to three stray cats everyday! And love to see them waiting for din din on my porch. I wish I could adopt them all but it is not possible.

Julien 12-23-2010 04:30 PM

I gave my parents my time today. I took my father to his radiation treatment. For my mother I did the laundry and cooked dinner. Time and love is all I have to give.

Soft*Silver 12-23-2010 05:48 PM

I gave bird seed and suet to my native birds. I used the fat from my cherry ham for the suet. It still had alot of the cherries in it so the birds got a special treat.

I gave cookies to my neighbors. They all looked at me like I was a crazy person, in a good kinda way. Is this what we have become? It was tradition to always send goodies to neighbors, out on the farm.

I gave a massage to my old dog, who with this cold cold weather, is having problems walking even with coated aspirin.

I gave myself a beauty treatment at home. I thought since others gave such pretty things to me, the least I can do is treat myself as well as others are!

katsarecool 12-23-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphiteta2s (Post 251897)
I gave my parents my time today. I took my father to his radiation treatment. For my mother I did the laundry and cooked dinner. Time and love is all I have to give.

I think giving of our time is the best gift a child can give their parents!!!! Good on you!!!

Blade 12-23-2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katsarecool (Post 251954)
I think giving of our time is the best gift a child can give their parents!!!! Good on you!!!

I second that

bigbutchmistie 12-23-2010 09:53 PM

I gave my time and advice to a friend who needed it...

I gave the idiot dude who called me a dyke today the finger :)

Spirit Dancer 12-23-2010 09:55 PM

Teaching the kiddo the true gift,
as a family we gave christmas to
an elderly nursing home patient with
no family.
A mini tree decorated, gown and slippers
bag o goodies. Smiles are free and love is grand.
Priceless are the memories we made:)

Gemme 12-23-2010 09:58 PM

I gave Costco some money today. Organic gave Chevron some too.

We have given one another a hard time all day, but that's not unusual.

I gave him dinner and dessert. :)

We gave each other a good workout this morning.

:thinking:

Diva 12-23-2010 10:00 PM

I'm volunteering at the children's hospital ~ every day this week and next, as a lot of the college volunteers are out-of-town, so they asked me.

It's been so wonderful! I'll be there all day tomorrow and the children are so excited for all the visitors and presents!

little_ms_sunshyne 12-23-2010 10:12 PM

I am teaching my nephew to give. He picked out a gift for the children's shelter today :) I was so proud!! He is only 1 yr old but never too young to start giving :)

Deborah 12-23-2010 10:34 PM

I gave to the Salvation Army bell ringer coming AND going into the grocery store twice today...and I am sure I will be meeting up with him again tomorrow. Good thing tomorrow is my last day for baking...Italian Cream Cake, Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Cookies and Snickerdoodles....and I will be giving some of those away. Hmmm wonder if the Bell RInger guy would like some cookies :cookielove:

Venus007 12-23-2010 11:49 PM

I gave my focus, attention and a lot of patience to my students to keep them together and on task the last day before vacation

justkim 12-24-2010 07:55 AM

I gave books away this last weekend...
While in Barnes and Noble I overheard a lady asking where she could find a certain book and she also wanted to know the cost. The book she was asking for was one I knew I was going to take to the Goodwill along with several other books. As she went to walk by me I called her over and told her that I would gladly give her the book she was looking for along with several others that I was sure her teen daughter would enjoy. Her eyes got all misty and it made me want to cry. She said *really, you would just give me the book?* of course I said. We exchanged numbers and the next day we took the box of books to her sons job and left them with a smile. In all they ended up with over 300.00 dollars in books because we were all in the right place at the right time... She called me later to thank me again and tell me that I had made her and her sons day... Not only did I recycle my books but I know they have gone to a good home...

Soon 12-24-2010 12:18 PM

...time and energy to make desserts for our dinner tomorrow... and they look pretty scrumptious!

:)

Greyson 12-24-2010 12:35 PM

I gave my girlfriend a headache. :|

Sachita 12-24-2010 12:41 PM

I made my young helper his favorite soup and gave him an xmas bonus.
I gave all the dogs here, all 15 sweet potatoes
I gave away 10 hams to people who might not otherwise have xmas dinner
I gave my sweetie special beneto thermal lunch thingy so hy can take leftovers for lunch
I gave old blankets and food to a group of feral cats living by the dump.
Other then looking after the dogs I gave myself the day off to eat these chocolate covered strawberries and watch movies.

tomorrow I spend the day with Mia and family to give some more

Sparkle 12-24-2010 01:36 PM

I thought this was very sweet and in the spirit of the thread:

http://video.nytimes.com/video/2010/...nd-street.html

Blade 12-24-2010 03:09 PM

Today I gave my parents heat. Yep went over and lit the pilot light to their gas logs. So like so many of you, I guess today ya might say I gave my time.

lionpaw 12-24-2010 03:59 PM

re: what did I give today....

I am giving thanks for my wife...I gave thanks for Sue & Lee being in our lives.....And the rest of the folks we are coming to know here....
I am giving thanks to prayer..... I am giving thanks for the random act of kindness Lisa & I did the other day....