Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Romance (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Love is...<3 (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517)

FeminineAllure 12-12-2009 11:05 AM

Love is...<3

Share what love is to you?

How to Dance in the Rain

It was a busy morning, about 8:30,

When an elderly gentleman in his 80s arrived

To have stitches removed from his thumb.

He said he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00 am.

I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would to able to see him I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound.
On exam, it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry.

The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife. I inquired as to her health.

He told me that she had been there for a while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer's Disease.

As we talked, I asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late.

He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now.

I was surprised, and asked him, 'And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?'

He smiled as he patted my hand and said,

'She doesn't know me,

But I still know who she is.'

I had to hold back tears as he left,

I had goose bumps on my arm, and thought,

'That is the kind of love I want in my life.'

True love is neither

Physical, nor romantic.

True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be.
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;

They just make the best

Of everything they have.

FeminineAllure 12-12-2009 11:19 AM

Love is..."Friendship caught fire."

sharonsuburbia 12-12-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeminineAllure (Post 20555)
Share what love is to you?

How to Dance in the Rain

It was a busy morning, about 8:30,

When an elderly gentleman in his 80s arrived

To have stitches removed from his thumb.

He said he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00 am.

I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would to able to see him I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound.
On exam, it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry.

The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife. I inquired as to her health.

He told me that she had been there for a while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer's Disease.

As we talked, I asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late.

He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now.

I was surprised, and asked him, 'And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?'

He smiled as he patted my hand and said,

'She doesn't know me,

But I still know who she is.'

I had to hold back tears as he left,

I had goose bumps on my arm, and thought,

'That is the kind of love I want in my life.'

True love is neither

Physical, nor romantic.

True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be.
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;

They just make the best

Of everything they have.

i just got teary - i hope im loved like that:choir:

Tommi 12-12-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharonsuburbia (Post 20564)
i just got teary - i hope im loved like that:choir:

YEP..Me too.That is powerful..

Love is my girl ...sharing fun You Tubes to cheer me up when she knows I have had a hard day.It does lighten the load, and she always finds one to make me smile. Hope this makes you all smile...Go ahead ..play it
:tiger:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oADfmYQWmW8"]YouTube- Love Is All[/ame]

Jet 12-12-2009 11:37 AM

...something unconditional.

FeminineAllure 12-20-2009 07:07 PM

"Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end."

Gemme 12-21-2009 06:18 PM

I like this thread!

Love shows itself to me daily in a hundred different ways. When my guy is extra patient with me because he knows I feel like crap and am crabby as crabby can be, that's love. When the puppies stop in the midst of their playing to come romping towards me because they see me getting ready to go to work and don't want me to leave without kisses, that's love. When I take a deep breath and think of the reasons NOT to go :batmoose: on my coworkers, that's love. When my guy cackles in glee because of the weight of the Christmas box he sent out, that's pride...and love....showing itself.

I'm a semi-romantic. I like :bouquet: but don't require them to know that someone cares. The same goes for the other usual schmoozy stuff. I recognize love when someone takes a few extra moments out of their day to think about me and do something for me that will save me a little bit of time, when they pick something up for me at the store because it "looked like me", or when I'm being thought of and I know it. That's some of the different shades of love.

Diva 12-21-2009 07:01 PM

These are so lovely.....it would be lovely to have this in my life.......

I remember when my Mom no longer recognized my Father.....her last birthday, he gave her a card and then opened it for her and read it to her because she didn't know what it was or what to do. And to see the love he had for her made me know that THAT was the kind of love I wanted and needed in my life.

Love for my Heart of Hearts is unconditional. That doesn't mean doormat. I enjoy their attention.....I enjoy hearing those priceless words "I love You". Like Gemmie, I love flowers, too, but I don't require them all the time. Love is being able to speak my heart and have it interpretted with love. And love it not having to say anything at all and feel that same love.

I love reading some of the comments between couples in love on various threads here and being able to witness the love growing.....and of solid love. It warms my heart.

Dean Thoreau 12-21-2009 07:23 PM

Love is:

when your are sick as a dog and she wipes your forehead with a cool
cloth; even tho u are blessing the porcelain goddess

not wondering what its like on the otherside of the fence.

accepting the annoying crap like toothpaste cap left off, toilet paper put on the roll the wrong way, bathtowels lying on the floor, car always left with an empty tank, always burning my grill cheese sandwich, leaving a 1/16th of a teaspoon of juice in the container and putting it back in the fridge, shrinking my silk suit in the washer, turning all my white undershirts pink, calling me 3 hours after i fall asleep when she is away cause she is lonely, dropping my cell phone in the ocean....and knowing in the greater scheme of things I will miss every one of the stupid things if something were to ever happen to her.

not expecting her to be any more perfect than I am....and

accepting the fact that we can be assholes, jerks, inconsiderate idiots at times cause we are human.

love is.... just saying screw it and taking each others hand and continuing thru the muck and riding the roller coaster of life.

:flyaway:

Gemme 12-21-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Thoreau (Post 24189)
Love is:

when your are sick as a dog and she wipes your forehead with a cool
cloth; even tho u are blessing the porcelain goddess

not wondering what its like on the otherside of the fence.

accepting the annoying crap like toothpaste cap left off, toilet paper put on the roll the wrong way, bathtowels lying on the floor, car always left with an empty tank, always burning my grill cheese sandwich, leaving a 1/16th of a teaspoon of juice in the container and putting it back in the fridge, shrinking my silk suit in the washer, turning all my white undershirts pink, calling me 3 hours after i fall asleep when she is away cause she is lonely, dropping my cell phone in the ocean....and knowing in the greater scheme of things I will miss every one of the stupid things if something were to ever happen to her.

not expecting her to be any more perfect than I am....and

accepting the fact that we can be assholes, jerks, inconsiderate idiots at times cause we are human.

love is.... just saying screw it and taking each others hand and continuing thru the muck and riding the roller coaster of life.

:flyaway:

*laughs*

Love this!

violaine 12-21-2009 11:35 PM

! guinea pigs !

Softly 12-21-2009 11:44 PM

I am so in love.

love is....
when she kisses my eyelids before bed and holds me, playing with my hair until I fall asleep.

when she cooks amazing dinner she knows I will like when I had a long day at work.

never judging me for mistakes I have made in the past.

always accepting all I have and all that I am.

:love1::heartbeat::love1:

Softly 12-23-2009 08:16 AM

LOVE is our cat Kingsley giving me kisses in the morning and talking my ear off...(he just wants his food but I like to pretend he just likes to talk to me)

Meeeeeeeeeeow meow MEEEEOW meow!!! meow.
:playingcat::awww:

AND :sushi: is LOVE.

Andrew, Jr. 12-23-2009 08:49 AM

Love is Unconditional Even Among Strangers

During the time my sister was at NIH, she endured several rounds of chemo, stem cell therapy, experimental drugs, and other therapies. However, she wasn't the only patient there. When you are there, you see others suffering, and you meet other families. At first you are strangers, then within minutes you are family.

We all seemed to help each other out, with caring for our loved ones who were terminally ill. We would do everything from wiping their butts from severe diarreha, to getting buckets of ice chips to share, to bottled water, to taking the time to sit with their loved one while they took a break to get a cup of coffee or eat a quick meal. It was a balance of love, knowledge, and strength.

Some would bring in lap tops and share new information on such and such. And find out who was doing the cutting edge medicine and drugs of whatever disease their loved one had.

Unfortunately, we all shared in the mourning of the loss. It gave us more strength. We ended up going to the many many funerals. And some even spoke at them. It was about forgiveness. For the doctor not being able to get there in time. For the treatment not working. And the list can go on and on. It is all about finding a place for the ugly side of being sick to be. It is love. Life shared is more rewarding than when you are alone. It shows your spirit.

Andrew

apretty 12-23-2009 10:35 AM

the dogs all tucked in around me and snoring. :stillheart:

Locutus 12-23-2009 10:51 AM

Giving someone you love the space they need...

FeminineAllure 12-23-2009 08:06 PM

Love is...Not always about the smiles and laughter but really being fully present to wipe away your lovers tears when necessary.

FeminineAllure 12-27-2009 11:29 PM

Love is...Acceptance that loving another involves loving the whole person with all of their imperfections.

Gemme 12-28-2009 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeminineAllure (Post 26555)
Love is...Acceptance that loving another involves loving the whole person with all of their imperfections.

Amen!!!!!!!!!

FeminineAllure 12-29-2009 04:18 AM

In my dreams I'm always with you.

Love is hope. Hope is faith. Faith is trust. Trust love.

Wait for the one you can't live without.
YOU CAN'T SEE IT, BUT YOU CAN FEEL IT.
Love is amazing....
You find it in people you least expect to.
And see it in people you often reject.
How often do you find love when you're not looking for it?
But you know you've found it when your knees turn numb.
Love is something some people try to ignore,
They are afraid of loving and what it opens their heart for.
Love is something some people try to find,
And when they find something close to love, they fool themselves sometimes.
Love must be a coincidence, or an unexpected event,
A surprise in its happening, and heaven sent.
You must not rush it or plan the road you wish it to lead,
Let the feeling take its course, in any way it needs to.
You'll know when the feelings there, and when its completely right,
From there on, just let that feeling go, totake you to an unreachable height........

If love is... not a game, then why are there so many players?

If I had a rose for every time I thought about you, I'd be sitting in a garden~

When in search for that perfect bloom we often misss the smell of the roses.

Kiss me and you'll see the stars...

..Love me and I will give them to you

Theres a sparkle in your eye that only I see, and theres a place in your heart where only I want to be.

Unknown