Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Beauty, Lifestyles (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Healthy Weight Loss (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2638)

Thinker 08-15-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorp (Post 399112)
OMG YUM...FUJI APPLES!!!!! SOOO SWEET and satisfying....I'm now hooked...and guess what?

NO POINTSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! :cheer:

:) Yay!

One of the things I have really appreciated about being on WW and trying to make the points work for me is re-discovering foods I forgot I loved. ...like apples, tuna on toast, strawberries on vanilla frozen yogurt, V8 juice, WATER (!!!), beans & rice... So much good stuff that is good for us!

sweetfemme247 08-15-2011 02:16 PM

I did the wii this morning, so far this week I have lost 6 pounds yay

PinkieLee 08-15-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetfemme247 (Post 399136)
I did the wii this morning, so far this week I have lost 6 pounds yay

6 pounds.... WOW look at you go honey! That's awesome!

Wii is always fun... and a great way to get in some exercise, too!

sweetfemme247 08-15-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkieLee (Post 399138)
6 pounds.... WOW look at you go honey! That's awesome!

Wii is always fun... and a great way to get in some exercise, too!

I bowl 10 games a day, plus run for 8 mins and then do the hola hoop

PinkieLee 08-15-2011 02:24 PM

That's awesome!

I have a Wii Fit... still in the box. Ugh, we just had to have the thing a couple of years ago, and have still never opened it! We do play the bowling & baseball :)

Gentle Tiger 08-15-2011 10:47 PM

It is slightly possible that I am becoming addicted to this self torturing behavior we are calling healthy living. And it's the fault of you people. Yes I said YOU people with all your support and sharing of triumphs, struggles and set backs. And now because of all the blasted changes I am down 12.2 lbs.

And in case you didn't pick up on the sarcasm, this is a grateful rant because while I am glad I am making progress I still want I bloody Pepsi and snickers and a donut and...and...and...

Nevertheless, thank you.

Scorp 08-16-2011 06:26 AM

LOL, don't feel bad Rosie...We also have Wii Fit and we don't use it! We were addicted to Mario Kart instead!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkieLee (Post 399143)
That's awesome!

I have a Wii Fit... still in the box. Ugh, we just had to have the thing a couple of years ago, and have still never opened it! We do play the bowling & baseball :)

Zimmeh 08-16-2011 06:52 AM

You are welcome and congratulations!!!

Zimmy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gentle Tiger (Post 399485)
It is slightly possible that I am becoming addicted to this self torturing behavior we are calling healthy living. And it's the fault of you people. Yes I said YOU people with all your support and sharing of triumphs, struggles and set backs. And now because of all the blasted changes I am down 12.2 lbs.

And in case you didn't pick up on the sarcasm, this is a grateful rant because while I am glad I am making progress I still want I bloody Pepsi and snickers and a donut and...and...and...

Nevertheless, thank you.

Zimmeh 08-16-2011 06:53 AM

The boxing game is fun and I used to kick my old boss's butt in it..

Zimmy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorp (Post 399592)
LOL, don't feel bad Rosie...We also have Wii Fit and we don't use it! We were addicted to Mario Kart instead!! :)

Zimmeh 08-16-2011 06:55 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I have gone back to having my yogurt, chocolate Soymilk and coffee for breakfast...I woke up late this morning so I didn't get to the gym, but I have to clean my apartment today, so that will help burn some calories. Then I am going to hit the gym tonight...No matter what!

Congratulations to all of you all who have lost weight!

Zimmy

JustJo 08-16-2011 07:28 AM

Quote:

Nevertheless, thank you.

:cheer:

Go ahead, blame us. But blame yourself for all of the hard work too! :cheesy:

PinkieLee 08-16-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Nevertheless, thank you.

WOOHOOOO now, that's the best news I've heard all morning! You should feel very proud of yourself... even if we did peer pressure into this healthy living crap ;)

Keep up the great work my friend!!!

lipstixgal 08-16-2011 07:43 AM

I, too have lost weight this past summer like 32.5 pounds so far. I exercise at the gym and eat healthier and more satisfying. Yogurt dannon's low fat are yummy, greek yogurt fat free, salmon any protein I want and lots of veggies, its great and the thread is a great support system too..thanks Jo and everyone else for their support in this process.

turasultana 08-16-2011 08:11 AM

Weigh in yesterday - lost 2lbs. Down 11.4 so far (6 weeks).

I get 29 points and I use every one of them! Plus a good chunk of the weekly 49.

i generally eat what I'm craving or whatever I'm in the mood for, just less of it. So last nite that was 2 slices of pepperoni pizza. (11 points).

generally I have some kind of Kashi cereal for breakfast with skim milk. Fruit mid morning (peach today), for lunch I have a hard roll (4 points) and I brought a can of tuna and some chopped onion and red pepper, I'll add one packet of mayo, mush it up and call it lunch. I'll probably have popcorn for a snack later. Maybe more fruit.

dinner - who knows. could be leftover pizza since its in the fridge...

PinkieLee 08-16-2011 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turasultana (Post 399644)
Weigh in yesterday - lost 2lbs. Down 11.4 so far (6 weeks).

I get 29 points and I use every one of them! Plus a good chunk of the weekly 49.

i generally eat what I'm craving or whatever I'm in the mood for, just less of it. So last nite that was 2 slices of pepperoni pizza. (11 points).

generally I have some kind of Kashi cereal for breakfast with skim milk. Fruit mid morning (peach today), for lunch I have a hard roll (4 points) and I brought a can of tuna and some chopped onion and red pepper, I'll add one packet of mayo, mush it up and call it lunch. I'll probably have popcorn for a snack later. Maybe more fruit.

dinner - who knows. could be leftover pizza since its in the fridge...

Congratulations on the weight loss! You are doing amazing... keep up the great work!

I LOVE to see that we are still able to enjoy our favorite foods (like pizza). Smarter choices for breakfast & lunch enable us to splurge from time to time so we don't feel deprived... 'cause that's when the binges start (at least for me).

apretty 08-16-2011 08:43 AM

E and I had such a busy weekend that we didn't get to our normal food-shopping!

I work a few hours longer today so E's going to stop after work and get us some things that are our basics, for me those include

chocolate soy (for my coffee every morning in lieu of cream)
low fat cottage cheese (from costco, I usually go through a big container in about 10 days!)
a variety of fruits (E doesn't do melon besides watermelon but I like all kinds)
a variety of vegetables

My everyday cereal is Special K red berries (lower points than Go Lean Kashi)

I've been a bad tracker and have been losing weight with only mild success because I haven't stuck with the plan 100%--I am about at 50% some days I am at 10% on plan. So, I am down 12 lbs and would love to see that 15 lb weight loss (and get another gold star!!!!!!) but I am coasting and each time I brace myself at the scale, thinking that I am going to gain, I am down .8 or .12 of a pound and feel like I've really got one over on someone or dodged a bullet. Which sounds silly because I am not in a race, but *fat*, while can be chocked full of wholesome goodness--I find that mine is chocked full of a range of highly-charged emotions and a part of the stage for my personal, human drama and I appear to be committed to clinging to every pound that I am trying to lose in ways that I don't yet fully accept or recognize.

So, how do you let go of a part of you that you have spent so long identifying with?

*Anya* 08-16-2011 08:46 AM

Lost 1/2 pound. The weird thing about weight loss I learned over my 2-year saga to lose 50 pounds is to never, ever give up (I had kind of forgotten that).

I can totally stick to my eating plan, not lose anything for a couple of weeks (plateau) and then, all of a sudden, start losing again.

It is during that discouraging phase that I can go off the rails but refuse to do so today.

Another mind-trick I had forgotten about, in addition to only focusing on 10 pounds at a time; is to call each 10 a decade instead of pounds. Sounds silly but it worked for me to decrease focus on pounds. Now I have 1 pound to go to get into my next decade.

Discouraging to know I was already in this place over a year ago and am again having to retrace my steps but it is what it is. I just can't focus on that.

Breakfast today, egg-white scramble with one once of lean ham; cup coffee with Splenda and my teaspoon of half-in-half.

Cheers to all!

JustJo 08-16-2011 09:29 AM

I find this thread to be such an incredible support...and all of you an inspiration.

Yesterday was an incredibly tough day for me....tiring, emotional, lots of negativity to deal with at work that had me (literally) in tears and about to quit...which is crazy since I love what I do.

Anyway...by dinner, I wanted a philly cheesesteak and nothing else was going to do. So...I had it. I did skip the fries (even though I love them and they make them fresh and delicious)....and just enjoyed every mouthful of that sandwich.

Afterwards....I was tempted by chips, ice cream and all the usual crappo I'd eat, but instead I thought....nope....don't beat yourself up, just back on track....and had the before bedtime snack that I should have.

I'm an every day weigher too and, this morning, the scale didn't hate me. In fact, I'm down a couple pounds just since Saturday and yesterday's splurge didn't move the needle up. I know there's always a big initial loss, so I'm not counting on any particular number each week.

In fact, I'm trying not to focus on the scale, but instead just eating a healthier diet to control my diabetes....but it still feels really nice to see the scale moving in the right general direction.

Fresh fruit, lots of salad stuff and veggies, lean protein and greek yogurt are playing a big role in my shopping cart this morning... :)

Scorp 08-16-2011 09:43 AM

Ok, I'm seriously having a bad moment here...I'm craving Thai food sooooooooooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad......And nearby is an awesome place to get just that.....

Last night I was bad :( and I promised myself I would eat a salad today...Soooo I think I just made up my mind by typing this sentence.

Also note, today is the day I decided to NOT to continue to smoke. I had my last one yesterday at 6 PM....

Leigh 08-16-2011 09:55 AM

Good morning everyone!

Well I'm noticing some changes in Myself and honestly, I dont know if I really like them. I'm having a hard time getting on track and over the last couple of days not only do I notice that My feet are swollen, but also My lower legs are getting fatter (the skin is much tighter). I haven't been able to stick to My goal of less pop and such, but I walked across the street to 7-11 this morning and I just couldn't help but feel that things aren't right. My right foot is especially swollen and its not easy to walk, its like 2 times the normal size and I know that isn't good.

I know that I need to change, for My health, and it scares Me to make these changes but I know that they have to happen. I want to go on Weight Watchers and would love to go to meetings but I know that I can't afford it, but the points seem to be working for everyone else so I really wanna give it a try though right now I'm not sure how I can do it. I'm going to start today by going back over all of the pages in this thread and writing down things I wanna try ~ tips, recipes etc which will hopefully start Me down the right path. I'm sick of being fat, sick of feeling sluggish and tired and just plain icky .......... something has to give and I'm no longer going to allow My health to suffer because of Myself.

I started this morning, by having water flavored with Nestea Singles in pomegranate and blueberry, plus over at 7-11 I bought breakfast ........ they sell packages of apple slices and red grapes there so that was what I had. For Me thats not the type of breakfast I'm used to, if I ever have any ~ I generally don't have anything in the morning and will then eat more than I should at lunchtime. I'm changing that and by having something this morning (the fruit), hopefully that'll be a good beginning. I know that I can come here and have the support of My dearest friends who will keep Me sane and motivated (and give Me virtual kicks in the ass when needed). Thank you so much to everyone here and to this thread for helping Me to keep going ~ I appreciate everything :gimmehug: