Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Lies You've Told (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3459)

tapu 07-03-2011 01:58 PM

Lies You've Told

Funny, shocking, embarrassing, evil, "white," whatever. What are some lies you've told?

I'll start it out with a funny one. And though I don't lie much, I have others in all the above categories to admit to if this gets going.

All right, innocuous but nonetheless a lie:

When my kids were in the age range 4-6, we lived in a neighborhood where there must have been 500 ice cream trucks driving around looking for business. Every time we heard one, my little ones would be all, Can we have ice cream? Huh, can we? Hurrrrrrry!!!!! And it's not like they think, Oh gee, we had ice cream yesterday, or even Ha ha, we had ice cream already today.

So I told them that when the ice cream trucks played music, it meant that they were out of ice cream. Then when we'd hear the trucks, I'd say, Oh, darn, all out. Maybe next time.

I can be like that. Can you?

The_Lady_Snow 07-03-2011 02:17 PM

The Tooth Fairy I told my kids he was real...

Julie 07-03-2011 02:36 PM

My kids were unimpressed with me when they really young.
So the peace momma told them my life was really a shield for the fact that I designed the original stealth bomber.
They believed me - Told all their friends.
GOD - I could never trust them with my secrets (lies) again.

tapu 07-03-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow (Post 371178)
The Tooth Fairy I told my kids he was real...

I went along for quite a while letting mine believe that, but then one time I forgot about retrieving the tooth and leaving cash for, like, three nights in a row and so finally I handed her a bill and said, Here's 5 bucks, honey. The truth is I'm the tooth fairy.

Guess that's more a lie I didn't tell....

Thought of another category: Lies you told when you were a child and still squirm over. (Uh, no, I don't have a bunch of those, why'd you ask?)

deb_U_taunt 07-03-2011 03:41 PM

Our kids and nieces believed that the car had a safety feature and if you didn't buckle up or unbuckled the car would die.

Chancie 07-03-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debby (Post 371204)
Our kids and nieces believed that the car had a safety feature and if you didn't buckle up or unbuckled the car would die.

I told my mother that the car wouldn't start if she didn't buckle her seat belt.

Peach 07-03-2011 03:47 PM

When I was in high school, I had taken a year out, and was doing home schooling. I had to go up to the school to meet a friend for lunch, she was in the gym class and I was waiting there for her. The teacher asked if I wanted to participate, I said no, she pushed it and I told her I had been in a car accident, and had two plates in each leg, and couldnt. She let it go. I went back the next year, and in the spring, I was wearing shorts, and she saw me, and noticed I had no scars on my legs. I had to make up almost a years worth of PE classes in a month!

Chancie 07-03-2011 03:51 PM

Well, this may be typical teenage mishegoss.

I was the live in house manager in a community residence for adults with developmental disabilities.

I did learn a lot, and it fell into the category of 'an honorable job that I enjoy' but

My father was worried about me, and

He was worried that I would never go back to college, so

I told him that I was taking classes at Brooklyn College during the day, since

I worked a split shift.

That was a big fat lie, and eventually

I went back to college, and to grad school, and then

I went back to college again, and then to grad school again.

The_Lady_Snow 07-03-2011 03:52 PM

My parents till this day don't know how many concerts I've gone to when I was "spending the night at Raquel Padilla's house".:|

Sometimes I get uncomfy when they say they wished they would of not been so strict:|

moxie 07-03-2011 04:19 PM

When I was in kindergarten, I had a weird freckling on my arm that everyone would ask about and I told everyone that I had been bitten by a raccoon.

tapu 07-03-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debby (Post 371204)

Ha ha! I should have told that one. Then I could have threatened them less.

Now, did they think the car would die, as in not run? Or did they think the car would die?

tapu 07-03-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancie (Post 371209)
I told my mother that the car wouldn't start if she didn't buckle her seat belt.

Well. That's... quite the turn-about. Either Mom would believe anything or I'm just coming up on a generational difference.

>;-)

tapu 07-03-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peach (Post 371210)
When I was in high school, I had taken a year out, and was doing home schooling. I had to go up to the school to meet a friend for lunch, she was in the gym class and I was waiting there for her. The teacher asked if I wanted to participate, I said no, she pushed it and I told her I had been in a car accident, and had two plates in each leg, and couldnt. She let it go. I went back the next year, and in the spring, I was wearing shorts, and she saw me, and noticed I had no scars on my legs. I had to make up almost a years worth of PE classes in a month!

Oh, baby, you're not supposed to get caught!

I told lies like that in high school all the time, too, and invariably it would be so outrageous that I'd get caught in it. I once told my teacher I was going to Europe, when really I was just going to Cleveland. She asked me all these detailed questions about the trip and I had to 'fess up.

princessbelle 07-03-2011 04:25 PM

When i was in high school my curfew was 11. Way too early.

So, one night my best friend Sandy told her mom she was spending the night with me, as i told my parents i was staying with Sandy.

We just haddddddddd to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show like all the other kids.

It started at midnight. Which was great, had a blast. Problem was after the show was over then what. It was winter, we didn't exactly plan past the "event".

We ended up spending the night in the parking lot and waking up turning the car on every once in awhile to heat it. Finally about 4 am we went to Krystal and heated up in the bathroom where they had those heat hand dryers. We were misreable and cold and no blankets, no pillows and no nothing.

Lack of planning. Not a good thing.

Oh and as far as what i told my kids? Gosh. I remember one thing for sure. If they cried it would thunder. To this day they both hate storms. Ooops.

tapu 07-03-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancie (Post 371211)
Well, this may be typical teenage mishegoss.
I was the live in house manager in a community residence for adults with developmental disabilities.
I did learn a lot, and it fell into the category of 'an honorable job that I enjoy' but
My father was worried about me, and
He was worried that I would never go back to college, so
I told him that I was taking classes at Brooklyn College during the day, since
I worked a split shift.
That was a big fat lie, and eventually
I went back to college, and to grad school, and then
I went back to college again, and then to grad school again.

Has he caught on yet? :)

tapu 07-03-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow (Post 371212)
My parents till this day don't know how many concerts I've gone to when I was "spending the night at Raquel Padilla's house".:|

Sometimes I get uncomfy when they say they wished they would of not been so strict:|

You can tell them, "Good news: no harm done!"

Er, there was a real Raquel Padilla, yes?

tapu 07-03-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puregrrl (Post 371238)
When I was in kindergarten, I had a weird freckling on my arm that everyone would ask about and I told everyone that I had been bitten by a raccoon.

O-Kay. My personal interpretation of that is that you were kind of whacked as a kid. But hey! That's not a bad thing! The whacked among us are also the most interesting among us.

I had a birthmark on my chest when I was little and in a pool or whatever people sometimes thought my nipple was sticking out. So when I got old enough not to be mortified, if someone asked me about the birthmark, I would say it was an extra tit.

The_Lady_Snow 07-03-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tapu (Post 371247)
You can tell them, "Good news: no harm done!"

Er, there was a real Raquel Padilla, yes?

oh yes, she was my cover for all things music:sunglass:

tapu 07-03-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessbelle (Post 371243)
When i was in high school my curfew was 11. Way too early.

So, one night my best friend Sandy told her mom she was spending the night with me, as i told my parents i was staying with Sandy.

We just haddddddddd to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show like all the other kids.

It started at midnight. Which was great, had a blast. Problem was after the show was over then what. It was winter, we didn't exactly plan past the "event".

We ended up spending the night in the parking lot and waking up turning the car on every once in awhile to heat it. Finally about 4 am we went to Krystal and heated up in the bathroom where they had those heat hand dryers. We were misreable and cold and no blankets, no pillows and no nothing.

Lack of planning. Not a good thing.

Oh and as far as what i told my kids? Gosh. I remember one thing for sure. If they cried it would thunder. To this day they both hate storms. Ooops.

I laughed all the way through that. Kids never do plan even a second beyond their fondest desire.

I think "If you cry, it will thunder" rivals my "Uh-oh, no ice cream!" in terms of wicked mama stuff.

*Anya* 07-03-2011 04:50 PM

My biggest lie

:bunchflowers:I did not lie much as a kid because I am a terrible lier & always got caught. My parents were extremely strict-dad a Marine Drill Instructor (u get the picture). I rarely was allowed out. Finally, one night they let me go "study" with my best friend and spend the night @ her house. We went to a party with a bunch of older kids (bad judgment but that's what happens when one is allowed zero freedom). It was @ a hotel. It got raided by the Police-too much noise-I was underage & they hauled me to the station. They wanted to call my parents. I was much more afraid of my parents then the police so I told them I was married & my husband was in Vietnam. I lied all night because I thought my parents would be even more upset to be awakened at 3:00AM, than in the morning. Finally, @ 8:00AM I 'fessed up. Parents freaked & yep, another 6-weeks of restriction! I lived my teen years on episodes of 6-weeks on restriction ranging from big things like the police to getting a "C" instead of an A in a subject.