Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Good News Thread (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4056)

crashhere4eva 10-25-2011 05:21 AM

The Good News Thread

Hello Friends,
If it has not already been done, I would like to start a new thread that is just about "Good News" whether that be on TV or in our personal lives. I put it in the Red Zone so anyone may read it and be enlightened by good, positive news. I realize that not all news is good and we must still be realistic about life and world events however, good news is just as realistic as bad news. With that said, please feel free to be realistic but post something positive about it.

For example, I am sad that I do not and cannot have children however; I am completely thrilled to my uttermost being that a 2 week old baby was found alive in the rubble of the recent Eastern Turkey earthquake!

Other examples of what I'm looking for in this thread are:
1. I got the job, got call backs, interviews
2. I heard on the news that a lady bought a powerball by mistake and won
3. I heard on the news that someone gave back to the community
4. I wrecked my car but made it out ok
5. It's a Boy! It's a Girl!
6. We are getting married
7. I heard on the news that our soldiers our coming home!
8. I heard on the news that Marriage Equality is
9. I passed my test!

By the way, this thread is also about being genuinely happy for our friends who post the good news in here. It's a positive outreach to each other. Life is very hard and all these circumstances in the world can bring us down. We must take it upon ourselves to make our own opportunities for happiness by embracing the news and thoughts that make us smile.

Thank you,

Stitch 10-25-2011 05:28 AM

I finally found a new roommate so I can actually have a life again!

girl_dee 10-25-2011 06:43 AM

my good news is that I have a friend to stay with for my NOLA trip in December which means I can stay LONGER for a nice visit! I'm so excited!

clay 10-25-2011 07:33 AM

I am grateful for the generosity of people on the Planet that make those scholarships available to us folks on fixed social security and/or disability incomes that would not have otherwise had the opportunity to attend, both this year and next!!. It is those folks who rock! Thank you to ALL those that make this possible each year!!!

Stud_puppy1991 10-25-2011 10:10 AM

My good news is that I have an internship under my criminology major. And, I have a lovely, amazing girl.

ScandalAndy 10-25-2011 10:34 AM

The good news is that in the past three weeks, my vocal coach has managed to get me up to a three octave range, which gives me hope for future attempts at making my passion into my career!

AtLast 10-25-2011 11:17 AM

Very good news!!!

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/images/kg...00_448x252.jpg

2-week old baby rescued after quake in Turkey

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...rld&id=8405094

Apocalipstic 10-25-2011 11:39 AM

What a great idea for a thread Crash!

crashhere4eva 10-25-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 446212)
Hey, Crash -- I moved this to Fun/Fluff. It's not really a Red Zone topic.

At least I would hope that people wouldn't want to duke it out over Good News and Kudos!

Have a great day!

LOL! Thanks for the help June, I figured someone would help me navigate it if it was misplaced. Take care hun!

crashhere4eva 10-25-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtLast (Post 446247)

YES! At Last, this is the news i was talking about in my example. It's a beautiful story and I loved hearing that good news!

crashhere4eva 10-27-2011 08:07 AM

I heard on the news this morning that "Jack the Cat" who was lost when his owner brought him on a plane is found after 61 days! Jack is apparantly struggling health wise but it's still good to hear that the owner was so estatic about him being found.

Dante 11-02-2011 07:50 PM

Angelina & Anjelica, the 2 year old twins, conjoined in the middle, were successfully separated today and doing fine.

crashhere4eva 11-08-2011 06:19 AM

A lady came in the station yesterday who is usually not very talkative, little eye contact and generally sad posture/facial expressions. She was really happy, talkative and inquisitive of how I am doing etc. She said her children came to visit her and they have some news to give to her which she believed to be an announcement of "GRANDBABIES!"

Estella 11-08-2011 06:42 AM

After months of searching, I have finally found a no-kill shelter to take the abandoned cats living under my porch.

crashhere4eva 11-14-2011 06:18 AM

I heard on the news that a husband dug through a landfill file because his wife lost her ring...and he found it! In a landfill! Makes ya smile don't it?

AtLast 11-14-2011 06:40 AM

Thank you for this thread. Sometimes it gets so hard dealing with all of the really awful news around us all of the time. Stressful.

crashhere4eva 11-14-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtLast (Post 463670)
Thank you for this thread. Sometimes it gets so hard dealing with all of the really awful news around us all of the time. Stressful.

YOU ARE WELCOME! THANKS FOR PARTICIPATING IN IT BECAUSE I LOVE TO HEAR GOOD NEWS TOO!

crashhere4eva 11-15-2011 05:02 PM

I just watched Ellen and she had a family on her show today that had 4 kids in which were adopted. I loved it! She gave them a $15,000 Sam's Club card and threw in a new car!

crashhere4eva 11-16-2011 06:15 PM

Passing the mystery shop with flyingggg colors and even got "exceeds expectations"