Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Beauty, Lifestyles (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   What do you like on your salad? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1968)

kassykit 09-02-2010 03:13 PM

What do you like on your salad?

Just curious here

What do you like on your salad....

Me... spinach, letuce, maybe some chicken and tomatoes

ranch or thousand Island dressing :0

no stale bread :P

Soft*Silver 09-02-2010 03:41 PM

dark green and red leafy stuff

black olives, onions, beets and cottage cheese instead of dressing

crunchy stuff like croutons or rice noodles

yellow hot peppers if I am having an ok tummy day

raisins for sweetness

kassykit 09-02-2010 03:43 PM

Sounds yummy and YAY for ok tummy days!:eatinghersheybar:

Quote:

Originally Posted by softness (Post 184718)
dark green and red leafy stuff

black olives, onions, beets and cottage cheese instead of dressing

crunchy stuff like croutons or rice noodles

yellow hot peppers if I am having an ok tummy day

PinkieLee 09-02-2010 03:44 PM

Yep, another salad lovah here!!! My favorite right now is...

Baby spinach
sliced avocado
feta cheese crumbles
and a raspberry vinagrette dressing!

On a daily basis, my honey likes...

Baby spinach
bacon bits
and a ceaser/italian dressing!

Other favorites are...

Mixed greens
leftover grilled chicken
black beans
corn
crunched up tortilla chips
and salsa

OR...

Mixed greens
leftover grilled chicken
apple slices
candied pecans
feta cheese
and the raspberry vinagrette dressing

**hahaha.. can you tell we eat a lot of salads in my house**

Guy 09-02-2010 03:46 PM

I like romaine lettuce, onions, hard boiled eggs, grated parmesan, marinated grilled chicken, and I'll take the stale garlic bread, thanks

MMMmmmmm

Corkey 09-02-2010 03:52 PM

Spring greens, arugula, dandelion baby spinach.
Toppings vary from Roquefort, bleu, to oil Dijon lemon and ponzu, to creamy caesar. I put pumpkin seeds, feta, croutons and bacon bits on my salads. Makes a meal in itself.

SuperFemme 09-02-2010 03:54 PM

baby greens, tomatoes, all colors of bell peppers, cranberries, almond slivers, broccoli parts, apple and a no calorie dressing i make out of rice wine vinegar, balsamic, lime juice and cilantro.

mmm.

kassykit 09-02-2010 04:11 PM

This is so giving me ideas on what to try! i adore salads however they do tend to get kind of boring!

here's shooting for losing another 80lbs!

granted salads aren't always the way to go but i find i feel more satisfied with a salad than a hamburger

strange no??

Gemme 09-02-2010 05:37 PM

I'm not designed to like only one kind or type of anything. I like salads, period.

Right now, there's large red bell peppers, mushrooms, mini bell peppers (yellow, orange and red), romaine, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic and onions in our fridge with both non-fat and full fat Caesar dressing. I can make about 5-6 different salads with that combination alone.

I do tend to prefer romaine over spinach, as it seems to last longer, though I do like both.

One of my favorite simple salads of all time is chopped walnuts, shredded mozz cheese (usually non-fat), mushroomes chopped up teeny tiny, and romaine with a raspberry vinaigrette or a pear vinaigrette. Yummmmmy.

I kinda feel like Forest Gump here, but I like Caesar salad, Cobb salad, Waldorf salad, Chef salad, garden salads, dinner salads, clean out the fridge salads (aka everything but the sink salads), Greek salad, protein salads, rice/couscous salads, three bean salad, potato salad, egg salad, macaroni salad, BLT salad, crispy chicken salad, Mediterranean salads, and a plethora of others.

I do, however, not particularly care for carrot raisin salad and I find ham salad quite distasteful.

Ebon 09-02-2010 05:42 PM

I like my salad covered with a bun on top salad in the middle followed by a hamburger patty with cheese on it and a bun on the bottom of the hamburger patty.

Gemme 09-02-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Organicbutch (Post 184786)
I like my salad covered with a bun on top salad in the middle followed by a hamburger patty with cheese on it and a bun on the bottom of the hamburger patty.

Shaddup you. :blink:

PearlsNLace 09-02-2010 06:16 PM

I like my salad to have a mix of fresh and cooked things- On a bed of spinach, or perhaps blanched kale, I want an abundance of raw tomatoes, and raw mushrooms. I like roasted onions, and roasted corn, but cold. And then I like some pickled beets. And boiled egg bits. Add some raw cucumbers, raw peppers in different colors, then top it with some low fat small curd cottage cheese instead of dressing, with a bit of salt an pepper on top. YUM. Fancy dinner goodness as a salad.

kassykit 09-03-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Organicbutch (Post 184786)

HAHA thanks, that was a good one to read first thing in the morning :)

chefhmboyrd 09-03-2010 01:52 PM

salad yum!!!!!!!

i love salads, eat a lot actually

bacon is madatory to every salad and none of that fake ass soy bacon bit crap!
mostly a good caesar with some sort of meat (bacon included)
steak, lobster, shrimps, grilled chix, smoked trout, gravlax, lamb carpacio, you get the picture

i really like spinach salads too
with bacon and boiled eggs and a good hand whipped balsamic vinaigrette
or mixed greens with pancetta (fancy bacon) candied pecans and cranberries with nice raspberry vinaigrette
boston lettuce with bacon bleu cheese and walnuts with a sweet walnut vinaigrette
red leaf, green leaf, baby mixed greens, dandelions greens, poke salad, kale, swiss chard, all of it
and cheese? well don't even get me started on the cheeses of nazreth.........
i used to be a Garde Manger at a fancy hotel, so i gotz salads ya'll

WolfyOne 09-03-2010 02:02 PM

I like leafy greens or spinach and I'll add almost any veggie depending on what I bought or what's in the fridge.

When wanting nothing but raw veggies in my salad, I'll take, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms, yellow squash, zucchini, bean sprouts, tomato, green onions and add that to whatever lettuce I have on hand. Of course, always cut into bite size pieces. I'll add balsamic and olive oil or sometimes honey mustard dressing. Top it off with mixed shredded cheese and either croutons, crushed bagel chips or tortilla chips. If I have some hard boiled eggs in the fridge, I'll chop one up for the ultimate top off.

I'm not much of a, I have to add meat to my salad kind of person. I'd rather have my meat on a separate plate.

lipstixgal 09-03-2010 02:06 PM

I like romaine lettuce, croutons, no bacon I'm Jewish but miss it terribly and vinagrette with balsamic vinegar and honey mustard and extra virgin olive oil, making that tonight!!

Boots13 09-03-2010 02:06 PM

MMMM, salad !

iceburg lettuce
olives
cherry tomatoes
green peas (dont diss me on this)
shaved carrots
and a big fillet of cedar plank grilled salmon
all drizzled with ranch dressing

or (since I dont know what moderation means)
Romaine
red bell peppers
olives - sliced
kidney beans
or
garbanzo's
sweet shoepeg corn
slivered almonds (smoked or salted)
cheese, cubed
tomatoes - Roma
beets
avocado
a dab of cottage cheese
and drizzled with Italiano

oink...

dixie 09-03-2010 04:10 PM

I'm an oddball. I'm not a big fan of salad usually. I prefer a little bit of lettuce, LOTS of cheese, bacon, croutons and a gallon of Thousand Island dressing smothering it all...

Julie 09-03-2010 04:27 PM

radicchio, endive, arugula, lollo rosso And OMG Bibb lettuce (same diet as I gave to my reptiles) plum or orange tomatoes (my favorite), radishes and maybe cucumber - topped with gorgonzola cheese, cranberry's and sunflower seeds and of course balsamic vinagrette.
I am HUNGRY!

Sunny 09-03-2010 04:28 PM

Salad is not my favorite thing

I like hard boiled eggs, romaine lettuce, cheddar cheese, red onion chopped fine and russian dressing.