Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Winter Olympics 2010 (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515)

Diva 12-11-2009 09:35 PM

Winter Olympics 2010

I realize the Winter Olympics are a ways away.....or ARE they?

I LOVE the Winter Olympics! Do You? What do You enjoy watching most? What sport is curious to You? (ok....curling?? HelLO?)

Enjoy!

Kimbo 12-11-2009 10:00 PM

I love the winter Olympics. There isn't much I don't watch..I think the Ice Skating is my favorite and I really do enjoy the curling. I get a bit bored with some of the cross country stuff but I admire those who compete.

Also, on an Olympic note--if people are coming through Seattle on their way to Vancouver please let us know. I'd be more than happy to assist B-F travelers in anyway I can.

AND we are expecting snow to start this weekend so let's hope for a very white and snowy Olympics!!

Diva 12-11-2009 10:06 PM

My favorite events:

~Ice skating (solo & couples)

~US Hockey

~Luge

~Downhill skiing

~Speed skating

~Snowboarding (with that wild red-headed guy)

Andrew, Jr. 12-12-2009 09:17 PM

Olympic Winter Games

I am so looking forward to watching the Winter Games. I thought they were being held in Singapore - am I wrong? I think it will be such wonderful time for the US Teams competing. I prefer the winter games over the summer games hands down.

JAGG 12-12-2009 09:54 PM

sports

Curling!!! It's spell binding . Talk about being on the edge of your seat , glued to the TV. HAHAHA

Kimbo 12-12-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. (Post 20784)
I am so looking forward to watching the Winter Games. I thought they were being held in Singapore - am I wrong? I think it will be such wonderful time for the US Teams competing. I prefer the winter games over the summer games hands down.

2010 winter games are in Vancouver, Canada up here in the beautiful PNW. The games start on Feb 12 I think.

http://www.vancouver2010.com/

Kimbo 12-12-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAGG (Post 20791)
Curling!!! It's spell binding . Talk about being on the edge of your seat , glued to the TV. HAHAHA

I actually love watching those peeps with the broom sweeping away for that puck. Someday I'd like to try curling to see how challenging it really is. I think the biggest challenge for me at this age would be getting down to the knees for the puck release..!

Peach 12-12-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimbo (Post 20799)
I actually love watching those peeps with the broom sweeping away for that puck. Someday I'd like to try curling to see how challenging it really is. I think the biggest challenge for me at this age would be getting down to the knees for the puck release..!

its not a puck its a ROCK! :)

we have tickets for the short track speed skating :canada:

Just_G 12-13-2009 01:05 AM

I like the bobsled, the luge, downhill, giant slolem, and last but not least, I like ice skating....the couples only though...not so much the solos.

The solo skating is not near as much fun without the likes of Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan, and the good ol' days when clubbing a competitor with a stick started the festivities! :winky: I am soooooo just kidding...that woman was disturbed.

I am not much in to hockey...I find it boring.

Curling is "interesting" to say the least....it involves a broom, and I use one of those around my own house, so I don't find it spellbinding like the luge....I would love to got that fast on a sled, while laying down, in a body suit, wearing a helmet, and screaming the whole way!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!:p

SFFemmePrincess 12-13-2009 05:41 AM

I totally love the ice skating and snowboarding. WooHoo Go USA!!!

Kimbo 12-13-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guest (Post 20814)
its not a puck its a ROCK! :)

we have tickets for the short track speed skating :canada:

I obviously did not know that--TY
I was looking at the tickets---and schedules. I'd love to take in some of the events.

And G you are correct about Harding-Kerrigan, although we still get a lot of news about Harding up here in the PNW--she lives in Oregon and still has her crazy days!

:olympics: GO USA :usa:

Linus 12-13-2009 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 20374)
My favorite events:

~Ice skating (solo & couples)

~US Hockey

~Luge

~Downhill skiing

~Speed skating

~Snowboarding (with that wild red-headed guy)

Uh.. Not US Hockey. Canada will kick yer butts, especially the Women's Hockey. :cheesy: :canadian: :canada:

Diva 12-13-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 20872)
Uh.. Not US Hockey. Canada will kick yer butts, especially the Women's Hockey. :cheesy: :canadian: :canada:

Ya know? I know absolutely NOTHING about Ice Hockey except that Canada is good......and can probably whip (yes, I said 'whip') ANYone with one hockey stick tied (yes, I said 'tied', TOO!) behind their backs! <giggle>

I just like the intensity. :cheesy:

TheSqueeze 12-13-2009 10:22 AM

I really get into the speed skating the short track events are my favorite.

Diva 12-13-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSqueeze (Post 20893)
I really get into the speed skating the short track events are my favorite.

Do You find Yourself leaning into the curve with them when they round it? <giggle> I do!!!

Andrew, Jr. 12-13-2009 11:55 AM

Diva,

I sure do!

:olympics: :usa:

Diva 01-26-2010 12:44 AM

Time to bump this up as The Winter Olympics are just around the corner!

I can't wait!! :snowysmiley:

Just_G 01-26-2010 12:50 AM

I love all the stories of all the athletes, from all of the countries, not just the USA....some of them bring a tear to my eye. Like that new Visa commercial with Dan Jansen. Have you seen it? OMG, the first time I saw it, I got choked up.

I also love the fact that these are people that compete their whole lives for something that might just be a one time thing. A chance to win a medal for their country...not a multi million dollar paycheck so they can buy the biggest house on the block and 9 cars, but for the chance to be a hero to their counrty.

I am really looking forward to it all!

ButchBowWow 01-26-2010 01:00 AM

I thought I was alone in my Olympic love!

My favorites are:

Hockey - Next to football it is my favorite all time sport, period.
Speed Skating
Skiing - all of it
Snowboarding
Figure Skating

MsDemeanor 01-26-2010 01:44 AM

I love all of it. I love the ice skating less than I did in years past, when it was more about skating and less about jumping. The sport has gone seriously downhill since the days that I followed it voraciously. Still, it's okay.

I'm trying to clear out my Tivo so that I can watch as much as possible. If I tape and watch later, I can skip the commercials and the tear-jerker stories. Plus, since I'm working from home and have a TV in my office, I can watch all day.

I remember the last winter olympics, when Mister and I watched curling every night in bed before going to sleep - it was pretty much the only sport on that late at night. We really enjoyed it. No, seriously, we really enjoyed it.

It's going to be so different this time, since we are in the same time zone as the games. Though, I'm guessing that they'll shove all the times up to accommodate the east coast folks.