Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What Was The Last Movie You Saw? Welcome Cinephiles. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3165)

jools66 02-23-2019 02:26 AM

ALITA Battle Angel

OK film, but not great.

This film I felt was too hyped up by the producers.
It could have been cut by at least 10 minutes.
Also i didn't think it looked has visually stunning as Avatar.
There was a moral storyline to it.
But for me it just didn't delivered.
As I usually say make up ya own mind.

charley 02-23-2019 06:23 AM

Melissa McCarthy

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1241130)
starring: Melissa McCarthy, Richard E. Grant Jane Curtin

Story of real life writer Lee Israel and her fall out of step with current tastes that leads her to turns her art form into deceptions.

I really enjoyed this movie.......:movieguy:

Sidebar: Unfortunately Anna Deavere Smith has only one short scene in the movie as Lee's ex!

Melissa McCarthy: Oscar-nominated actress wins a Golden Raspberry for worst performance (for The Happytime Murders and Life of the Party). The Golden Raspberry is awarded to the worst films and worst performances of the year, and are announced one day before the Oscars are awarded.

Previous winners of the this Razzie award have included:
Tom Selleck (for Christopher Columbus: The Discovery), Bill Cosby (for Leonard Part 6), Dwayne Johnson (for Baywatch)... and even Sandra Bullock (for All About Steve)...

:byebye:

homoe 02-23-2019 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charley (Post 1241181)
Melissa McCarthy: Oscar-nominated actress wins a Golden Raspberry for worst performance (for The Happytime Murders and Life of the Party). The Golden Raspberry is awarded to the worst films and worst performances of the year, and are announced one day before the Oscars are awarded.

Previous winners of the this Razzie award have included:
Tom Selleck (for Christopher Columbus: The Discovery), Bill Cosby (for Leonard Part 6), Dwayne Johnson (for Baywatch)... and even Sandra Bullock (for All About Steve)...

:byebye:

Hey, wasn't there a actress one year who won both the Oscar and A Razzie? I guess I could google but that'd take the fun out of it! If I had to guess I'd have to say Sandra Bullock tho..:hangloose:

introverted1 02-23-2019 11:42 AM

The last movie I saw was "Pretty In Pink" starring Molly Ringwald. Amazingly, I never saw this movie in the '80's (the halcyon days of my youth, LOL!). I didn't like it as much as I did "Sixteen Candles".

I saw a really good documentary last night on Netflix called "Period. End of Sentence." Apparently, a lot of young women in India drop out of school upon the onset of menarche, because they don't have proper pads, just old rags to use for protection, and they have to walk so far away from the building to dispose of the used rags in a ditch somewhere. Also, it's considered shameful.

Somebody introduces the raw materials and machine needed for actual menstrual pads to be manufactured. This machine created jobs and income for the women in this particular village. They went door to door and sold all of their stock in one day! Most women are too embarrassed to go to the market and purchase pads, hence the wild success of their door to door business.

I know its not an actual movie, but I highly recommend it.

introverted1 02-23-2019 11:45 AM

I wonder if Geena Davis was ever nominated for a Razzie based on her performance in "Earth Girls Are Easy"? Now that I think of it, her performance was probably fine, but the movie was awful, LOL!

jools66 02-28-2019 02:54 PM

Snowden The Movie

This movie will unnerve you even now.
After all the scandal about the FBI, CIA etc being able to look at all we put online, phones and God knows what else it leaves you thinking how this one guy had to have some guts to expose this practice.
Even now I doubt very much that this practice has stopped.
Excellent film.

Vincent 02-28-2019 04:10 PM

Not a film but a doco
A womb of their own

looks at masculine identified folks,having children.
It runs the spectrum from butch to transman and also a difference in generations,which I found very interesting.

http://www.seriousplayfilms.com/

RebelDyke 02-28-2019 05:50 PM

The Heat.

It was upon the suggestion of a sibling...and so I watched it. And I am glad I did because I needed a break from seriousness..... Had to watch Patton for a class AND Remember the Titans. ugh

StillettoDoll 03-09-2019 06:58 PM

Leaving Neverland

Just finished this Documentary ....It is very shocking , sad and I feel disgusted . I felt I always knew what was going on years ago , I figure the truth would come out one day after Micheal Jackson death.. well it has, anyone with children should watch this.!

homoe 04-25-2019 05:35 AM

Alone In Berlin............

staring: Emma Thompson, Daniel Brühl, Brendan Gleeson

During WWII, a German couple receive news that their only son has been killed in battle. Already disillusioned with the Nazi regime, they begin a campaign of civil disobedience and write messages on postcards urging fellow Germans to resist.

This movie was very good........:movieguy:

JDeere 04-25-2019 07:06 PM

Dances with Wolves

Wrang1er 04-25-2019 07:38 PM

I am hoping that after this weekend I can post that the last movie I saw was The Avengers: The Endgame. We are supposed to go to the drive-in but we'll see if the rain permits it.

ksrainbow 04-25-2019 07:57 PM

there are 2: via cable

Finding Dory...

Life with Pets..

Ks-

p.s. *welcomes Netflix renewable gift cards* :eyebat:

Wrang1er 04-27-2019 06:35 PM

I got to see The Avengers Endgame today. Not at the drive-in though. :(

I now have a crush on Captain Marvel. She's a super cute super hero!

homoe 06-25-2019 10:18 AM

Gloria Bell 2018 Stars: Julianne Moore, John Turturro,

A bit quirky but I REALLY enjoyed this movie. It's about loneliness, facing the fact that our lives didn't turn out as we had planned, relationships, etc etc.

It also has FANTASTIC music throughout! Do yourself a favor and at least catch a preview of it.........:movieguy:

Glenn 06-25-2019 01:04 PM

"WindWalker".

While lying on his deathbed telling his grandchildren about his life, an old Cheyenne Warrior (WindWalker), dies, but somehow later on, comes back to life and saves his family from a raiding party.

Gemme 06-26-2019 07:53 AM

Yesterday, I saw a movie called Upgrade. It's a futuristic movie about a man whose wife is murdered in front of him and he's turned into a paraplegic. He is approached by a guy with new technology that can help him walk again. From there, it gets interesting and there's a twist at the end.

I also saw the documentary I Am Evidence.

It was a somber day.

easygoingfemme 06-26-2019 08:25 AM

I took my older nephew to see Toy story 4 last weekend. We had a great time. He loved it.

C0LLETTE 06-26-2019 08:29 AM

Went to see "Booksmart". It was quite a lot of fun: surprisingly for a Senior attending a "teen" movie. It was delightfully funny, clever and raunchy in just the right way.

Gemme 06-27-2019 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easygoingfemme (Post 1248328)
I took my older nephew to see Toy story 4 last weekend. We had a great time. He loved it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0LLETTE (Post 1248329)
Went to see "Booksmart". It was quite a lot of fun: surprisingly for a Senior attending a "teen" movie. It was delightfully funny, clever and raunchy in just the right way.

I want to see both of these movies.