Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you having for dinner tonight? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197)

Trev 10-14-2012 05:21 PM

Fixed a turkey breast
Blackeye peas
Homemade bread

Angeltoes 10-14-2012 05:26 PM

So far I've had string cheese. Maybe I'll have hummus and crackers later. I'm not cooking for just myself. No cooking and no dishes tonight!

girl_dee 10-14-2012 05:29 PM

Yup hummus for me, with Na'an bread, edemame dip and old white cheddar cheese.

Little Fish 10-14-2012 05:42 PM

a Seasonal Favorite ......

It's a perfectly lovely evening in Philadelphia and so after studying for hours, I went out for a walk. The temp is 72F with no humidity--I walked around for awhile, appreciating the neighborhood gardens and greeting friends on the street. I was remembering a conversation I had recently ashen a friend mentioned Chinese food....and so here I am....Mu Shu at last. :-)

(and because I say hello and thank you in Mandarin, she loads me up with fortune cookies....:-)

Rockinonahigh 10-14-2012 05:44 PM

Red beans and rice with sweet cornbread,cant get any better than that.

cinnamongrrl 10-14-2012 05:46 PM

for dinner I made...a lovely salad with gorgeous tomatoes, baby spinach, cuke and sprouts that we grow.....it was a very nice salad...which I forgot on the counter when I left for work. :| Teddy said it tasted good... I was fortunate to find some peanuts i bought the other day. I had those when I got peckish for dinner....

Dance-with-me 10-14-2012 07:20 PM

For dinner, I had mahi crusted with wasabi-almonds (with butter and lime), plus roasted asparagus and portobella mushrooms.

Then for supper I had a microwaved sweet potato and a small chunk each of goat gouda and boucheron cheeses (I have a real weakness for good cheeses...)

JAGG 10-14-2012 07:48 PM

Black pepper chicken and steamed rice.

Bèsame* 10-14-2012 07:56 PM

Chicken fajita tacos and diet coke.....

Trev 10-14-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uniqueswtfemm (Post 675824)
Chicken fajita tacos and diet coke.....

Oh YUMMIDY

Leigh 10-14-2012 09:39 PM

Perogies w/ sour cream :D

Lazy Daze 10-15-2012 07:10 AM

Asian chicken salads , which consists of romaine, red onions, carrots, crispy wonton noodles and grilled chicken, topped with Asian Sesame dressing from Panera (which can be found at Target)

And I will probably make Him some cornbread muffins too

Talon 10-15-2012 09:28 AM

A nice fall dish..

Homemade chicken pot pie with homemade herbed mashed potatoes...:chef:

Kätzchen 10-15-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Daze (Post 676020)
Asian chicken salads , which consists of romaine, red onions, carrots, crispy wonton noodles and grilled chicken, topped with Asian Sesame dressing from Panera (which can be found at Target)

And I will probably make Him some cornbread muffins too

I got your note about the shredded pork empanana's.

Here's how I make them from a sweet bread, fast rise, dough preparation:

Take a handful of bread dough and form a ball. Then roll the ball of dough out into a small 8" circle. Fill the circle of bread dough with shredded pork, then sqeeze a wedge of lime over the pork. Next, put about a tablespoon of the salsa you would like to use (mild, hot or scorching hot). Sometimes I sprinkle a bit of shredded cheese on top of that, but that depends on who will be eating them. I like cheese, however, sometimes my son does not want cheese; so I usually put cheese on half of the empanana's for me and leave his without cheese. Fold the bread dough over the mixture and seal the edges like you would for a double-crust pie shell. Bake them at 425 degrees for about 25 to 30 minutes (depends on the elevation of where you live: I live at sea level, so 425 is perfect) on a cookie sheet lined with heavy foil. When the empanana's are done, they will appear to be about 4 inches across; easy to hold and very delicious. P to the S/ sometimes I like to have a side of sour cream to put on them as you eat them... but this totally depends on the preference of the person's taste for sour cream.

Hope this recipe helps! Enjoy! :)

Rockinonahigh 10-15-2012 01:34 PM

I'm haveing pork chops,left over beans and rice for a side dish with garlic bread and ice tea to go with it.

PinkieLee 10-15-2012 01:53 PM

Nothing sounds good at all... so I'm thinking it's gonna be soup & sandwich night at our house.

Tomato soup & grilled cheese for me
Noodle soup & a ham sandwich for D
watermelon, kiwi & strawberries for dessert

girl_dee 10-15-2012 02:30 PM

smothered ground beef with garlic, mushrooms and caramelized onions
cauliflower & carrots
baked sweet potato
home made biscuits right out of the oven!

durrrrrrrr 10-15-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun_dee (Post 676191)
cauliflower & carrots
baked sweet potato

I think y'all should have chocolate pie for supper :)

PinkieLee 10-15-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

cauliflower & carrots
baked sweet potato

Quote:

Originally Posted by durrrrrrrr (Post 676194)
I think y'all should have chocolate pie for supper :)

I think they should have us over for dinner :)

WolfyOne 10-15-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

cauliflower & carrots
baked sweet potato

I'm drooling over this now...good thing you didn't post a picture.