Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Hallmark Moments (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1060)

Kobi 03-19-2010 09:39 AM

Hallmark Moments

Was flipping thru a folder I keep with greeting cards that have spoken to me over the years. Some are for holidays, some for bdays, some for life events, some for the heck of it.

I noticed that each card was unique, innovative, creative, unusual.....but each card also meant something very special to me. Regardless of the sender, the cards they chose to send all indicated that these folks knew who I was and what i was about.

There is something heartwarming to know people think enough about you to find the card that says....yep this is you.

One is a bday card....has 3 dudes on the front....a tall lanky guy with blondish hair, a short pudgy guy with dark hair, and a black dude with afro, facial hair and peace medallion around neck. Outside says,,,,happy bday from the Cleavers. Inside says....Wally, Beaver, and Eldredge.

One is a thinking of you card.....from has a toilet with a human leg sticking out the bowl. Inside says....finding oneself is not always an easy or well defined process.

Memories.

So am I the only sap who collects stuff like this?

adorable 03-19-2010 10:31 AM

Nope. You aren't the only one. lol. I keep things like that too. I tend to collect post cards. People usually send them to me to when they go places because they know I like them.
I LOVE Hallmark. And when I am picking out cards to send I usually put a lot of time into figuring it out. For Valentines Day I got my daughter a card from Hallmark that when you open it - it makes jungle sounds. It cracks her up every time she opens it.

homoe 10-21-2015 05:48 PM

I must say I don't keep cards as mementos UNLESS it's something spectacular!
The best card I ever got was from a lesbian who lived about 6 blocks from me and was a good friend! On the face of the card was a woman sitting in a lawn chair outside of a pink trailer, surrounded by pink flamingos lawn ornaments! The caption " I read that woman have sex in the neighborhood of 5 times a week" Inside "Do you suppose we're living in the wrong neighborhood?
I recreated the card once myself seeing I have NEVER been able to find it! I believe it's an American Greeting line!

I've rarely gotten a greeting card I didn't love!

homoe 10-23-2015 04:25 PM

I've been card shopping, watch out:writer:

TruTexan 10-23-2015 05:42 PM

I used to save cards that were momentos, but those friends are long gone, lovers are gone, etc. And I've just not been interested in keeping them anymore. They get out of sight out of mind and take up space. Once in a while I'll find something I missed that I haven't tossed out, I'll reread it , laugh or cry and then off to the trash they go. I don't get cards in the mail much, mostly given to me for my bday from a couple friends, or mom. I just don't see the point in keeping them anymore.

*Anya* 10-23-2015 07:58 PM

I saved special cards from my girlfriends, my daughters, my father, erotica written by my long-term ex (she was a great writer) that was tucked into cards that she hand-made (she was also a great artist), etc., etc.

I had files full of everything special to me.

When I prepped my house for sale, I threw all of it out.

I kept thinking about my girls and GF having to go through all of that stuff when I either needed a higher level of care as I aged or when I died and I realized that for me, I did not need to hold onto any of it anymore.

I wanted to be the one that got rid of it and I didn't want my daughters reading the erotica written about me either.

homoe 10-27-2015 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1021914)
The best card I ever got was from a lesbian who lived about 6 blocks from me and was a good friend! On the face of the card was a woman sitting in a lawn chair outside of a pink trailer, surrounded by pink flamingos lawn ornaments! The caption " I read that woman have sex in the neighborhood of 5 times a week" Inside "Do you suppose we're living in the wrong neighborhood?
I recreated the card once myself seeing I have NEVER been able to find it! I believe it's an American Greeting line!

IF ANYONE ever runs across this card would you PLEASE let me know where you saw it! It doesn't have to be exactly the same either! Just the wording is important mainly!

cinnamongrrl 10-27-2015 04:09 PM

I have a card problem. I come by it honestly; I got it from my mom. She is the "card lady" in our family and I know when she's gone I will probably take the helm....

I save all important cards (ie from my kids, my parents, my siblings and some girlfriends) I also send cards and have one of those handy dandy accordian type card boxes that are separated into months AND holidays. There is even a tiny drawer for pens and stamps :|

I have all my old Christmas cards from previous BFP card exchanges and I will use some of the more suitable ones for making ornaments for the tree so I have them always.

In conclusion, yes...I am a big ol sap.

PS: Trader Joe's has a very good selection of creative and attractive cards for a mere .99. I peruse them EVERY time I go. There. I said it.

homoe 06-10-2017 07:30 AM

Quote:

Bumping this.;;.....

homoe 06-10-2017 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1022759)
IF ANYONE ever runs across this card would you PLEASE let me know where you saw it! It doesn't have to be exactly the same either! Just the wording is important mainly!

Anyone ever stumble across it?

homoe 06-10-2017 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl (Post 1022763)
I have a card problem. I come by it honestly; I got it from my mom. She is the "card lady" in our family and I know when she's gone I will probably take the helm....

I save all important cards (ie from my kids, my parents, my siblings and some girlfriends) I also send cards and have one of those handy dandy accordian type card boxes that are separated into months AND holidays. There is even a tiny drawer for pens and stamps :|

I have all my old Christmas cards from previous BFP card exchanges and I will use some of the more suitable ones for making ornaments for the tree so I have them always.

In conclusion, yes...I am a big ol sap.

PS: Trader Joe's has a very good selection of creative and attractive cards for a mere .99. I peruse them EVERY time I go. There. I said it.

Indeed Trader Joe's has terrific cards and such a bargain :hangloose:

homoe 06-10-2017 06:06 PM

E- mail and E-cards are fine but IMHO there is nothing like opening your mailbox and finding a little something in there to hold in your hand,brighten your day,and glance at and re-read from time to time :gotmail:

Logicaly 06-10-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1148689)
E- mail and E-cards are fine but IMHO there is nothing like opening your mailbox and finding a little something in there to hold in your hand,brighten your day,and glance at and re-read from time to time :gotmail:

Agree, there is just something special about getting a card in the mail. I have recently been making it a point to send out cards randomly, just because I can, even if all I write in them is hello, I was thinking of you. It is a nice little special treat for people.

Soft*Silver 06-10-2017 08:12 PM

I think thats why I joined the postcard thread...while I am not a fan of greeting cards for birthdays, anniversaries, etc I LOVE getting cards for fun. We recently had a theme mailing about women...the postcards were a delight!

homoe 06-17-2017 07:34 AM

If you're a card hound like me and are anywhere near Olympia WA check out

Orca Bookstore at 509 4th Ave E. Make sure not to overlook the close out

selection of cards (in the wooden box) at 10 for $8 or a buck each!

homoe 09-09-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobi (Post 69911)
Was flipping thru a folder I keep with greeting cards that have spoken to me over the years. Some are for holidays, some for bdays, some for life events, some for the heck of it.

I noticed that each card was unique, innovative, creative, unusual.....but each card also meant something very special to me. Regardless of the sender, the cards they chose to send all indicated that these folks knew who I was and what i was about.

There is something heartwarming to know people think enough about you to find the card that says....yep this is you.

One is a bday card....has 3 dudes on the front....a tall lanky guy with blondish hair, a short pudgy guy with dark hair, and a black dude with afro, facial hair and peace medallion around neck. Outside says,,,,happy bday from the Cleavers. Inside says....Wally, Beaver, and Eldredge.

One is a thinking of you card.....from has a toilet with a human leg sticking out the bowl. Inside says....finding oneself is not always an easy or well defined process.

Memories.

So am I the only sap who collects stuff like this?

...Nope I don't think so. I wouldn't say I collect cards but more along the lines of buying them with the hopes of finding either the perfect person or occasion to send them!

Spending countless hours in a card store is one of my guilty pleasures!

homoe 03-22-2020 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logicaly (Post 1148693)
Agree, there is just something special about getting a card in the mail. I have recently been making it a point to send out cards randomly, just because I can, even if all I write in them is hello, I was thinking of you. It is a nice little special treat for people.

I've been sending out more cards, with short notes, than usual during this time..

homoe 03-22-2020 08:04 AM

Quote:

To this day I've never seen this card again! I do still smile and laugh whenever I think about it........:giggle:

homoe 03-22-2020 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1022153)
I've been card shopping, watch out:writer:

Don' worry I picked them up in Trader Joe's where they always have a clear cellophane cover around them.........