Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   A Bibliophile's passtime (good Books, favorite Books & more stacks o' Book Quotations) (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4398)

Rook 12-30-2011 10:47 AM

A Bibliophile's passtime (good Books, favorite Books & more stacks o' Book Quotations)

Gonna try and "transfer" a nifty little game...

Pick up the book nearest to you, go to page 77 and read sentence 7.
Share it here, add title if you'd like, or keep Folks guessing..

{u can do this daily, different book or journal magazine nearest, etc}

"She was a bit disappointed to find it was broken,
but the Russian soldiers were overjoyed and gave her
a bolt of beautiful white cloth with a delicate pink flower pattern on it."
-

Book: Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China
Author: Jung Chang
:glasses:

Slowpurr 12-30-2011 12:53 PM

A Bibliophile's passtime (good Books, favorite Books & more stacks o' Book Quotations)

'Wollstonecraft was also a trenchant critic of the institution of marriage as it existed in her day.' -A History of Women in America Hymowitz & Weissman

Cin 12-30-2011 01:48 PM

goes to the Red Sox-they're up 6-0 in the fifth inning, courtesy of home

Faithful
Stewart O'Nan & Stephen King

Should we finish a sentence if it goes on to line 8 or starts on line 6 or both. Or just post unfinished sentences?

Truly Scrumptious 12-30-2011 01:57 PM

"Weaknesses: Consistent and pervasive use of volatile fragrant oils that are irritating, allergenic"

Don't Go To The Cosmetics Counter Without Me, 8th edition
Paula Begoun

The JD 12-30-2011 02:06 PM

"That explanation goes a long way toward explaining Winthrop's seemingly schizophrenic behavior."

Sarah Vowell, The Wordy Shipmates

Scuba 12-30-2011 02:44 PM

With newer models, the numbers are negative when the status is OK and move toward 0 (zero) as CPU temperature increases.

Kätzchen 12-28-2012 06:47 PM

Potok, C. (1972). My Name Is Asher Lev. New York,NY: Random House.
That summer I lived in a house on the edge of the dunes. My room was a low-ceilinged attic with a window that looked out on the dunes and the beach and the ocean. In the early morning, I could see the sun on th ewater and the silver foaming of the surf. The sun rose through the morning mist and burned mist away, and then was golden on the beach and white on the Cape Cod houses a few hundred yards up the dunes, where dark scrub brush grew in the sandy earth. Gulls wheeled and called above the water and the sand, their wings stark white in the sun. I watched the gulls from the window of my roon and from the porch of the house, and I painted them over and over again, using watercolors or washes of oils; painted their soarings into the sun, their wings in the wind, their wide diving circles over the surface of the waves. Often I did not paint at all, but sat on the porch listening and watching, feeling the salt wind on my face, hearing the surf and the cries of the gulls" (Chapter 10: pp. 251).

Kätzchen 12-29-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kätzchen (Post 724460)
Potok, C. (1972). My Name Is Asher Lev. New York,NY: Random House.
That summer I lived in a house on the edge of the dunes. My room was a low-ceilinged attic with a window that looked out on the dunes and the beach and the ocean. In the early morning, I could see the sun on th ewater and the silver foaming of the surf. The sun rose through the morning mist and burned mist away, and then was golden on the beach and white on the Cape Cod houses a few hundred yards up the dunes, where dark scrub brush grew in the sandy earth. Gulls wheeled and called above the water and the sand, their wings stark white in the sun. I watched the gulls from the window of my roon and from the porch of the house, and I painted them over and over again, using watercolors or washes of oils; painted their soarings into the sun, their wings in the wind, their wide diving circles over the surface of the waves. Often I did not paint at all, but sat on the porch listening and watching, feeling the salt wind on my face, hearing the surf and the cries of the gulls" (Chapter 10: pp. 251).

*BLUSH*

I totally mis-read the directions to your forum thread, rook.

Let me re-do this:

Page 77, Line 7:

"Finally, I volunteered to answer the phone for her,"

My Name Is Asher Lev, Chaim Potok.

nycfem 12-29-2012 08:24 AM

From Sister Spit, edited by Michelle Tea

"Every couple disappeared at some point separately, only to return covered in grass and claiming to have been star gazing."

cinnamongrrl 01-21-2013 05:01 PM

Ohhh great thread! so glad I found it. When I think of it, I need to post an excerpt from Steinbeck's book, "Travels with Charley". I never appreciated him as a writer till I read that book...he is quite eloquent... :)

Galahad 01-21-2013 05:11 PM

"I am of Master Cap's opinion about using the canoe." Cooper, The Pathfinder

Teddybear 01-21-2013 05:13 PM

"Even as he agured with himself, he buttoned up his coat and reached for his leather gloves"

"The Shack where tragedy cofronts eternity" Wm. Paul Young

I wold recommend this book to everyone

Kätzchen 03-20-2013 04:45 PM

'I don't care,' said Ann Veronica to the darkness, 'I'll fight it.'

(From chapter 5: The Flight To London; pp. 77, line 7)

Ann Veronica
H.G. Wells (1909)

Kätzchen 12-02-2017 07:55 PM

Page 77 turns out to be Chapter 16.

Here's line no. 7:

".....allow Jack to spend his days with her. If things were reversed ..."

Hill, Gerri. 2017. The Secret Pond. Bella Books, Inc., Tallahassee, Florida (32302).

Kätzchen 01-08-2018 11:43 AM

"He pays a straight thirty-five cents for them (pies) and takes three dozen a week" -- Ida (head waitress).

homoe 01-08-2018 11:48 AM

I love this! I don't believe I've ever come a crossed it before!

Martina 01-08-2018 12:32 PM

"They can thrive despite going through tremendous stresses every year."

Heart and Blood: Living with Deer in America by Richard Nelson

Ascot 01-08-2018 02:31 PM

"Tully had turned up at school with his face cut, his lip swollen and his eye blacked"

The Casual Vacany, J.K. Rowling

Kätzchen 02-11-2018 12:15 PM

Max & Nora

"It's a simple enough question," Nora said. "Am I ever going to see you again?"

homoe 02-11-2018 12:27 PM

I keep forgetting to post in this thread damn it! I'll Be Back..........