Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235)

Pixie 02-11-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfembbw (Post 282287)
Jumping off place.

The Planet: A Book Created by Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types

Chapters
1~P
2~L
3~A
4~N
5~E
6~T

Deadline to Pixie: August 1, 2011

SIGNUP Below:
1. Tommi
2. Jennifer
3.Diva
4.Pixie

Submit as many or as few as the artist in you deems possible. Some chapters can have more or less. Art books especially, can be stochastic. Like Diva said, choose the letter for you. P=perhaps, postcards, persuasion, passion, people, purple, etc ...L=Life, Love, lakes, lost and found, lemons = lemonade, and on and on. A=Anatomy, animals, etc.

1 page of your choice to coincide with the letters of PLANET (I know some may not feel up to doing 6 pages) Or up to a maximum of 3 pages each to the letter of your choice. Gender topics, astronomy, children, pterodactyls, painted, glitter glazed stickered scapbook swatches of any and all topics, just assign it a letter. Maybe just a beautiful poem or story, or photograph

Covered and Bound by pixie and presented to a lucky winner in Little Rock.

WOOOT stoked!

Tommi 02-11-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amiyesiam (Post 274918)
So are we just going to do the bash project or are we going to do a monthly one also?

I think we should have more time to do this, but not so long as to put it off and still be running late LOL

Some of you did the sketch book projects what can you tell us about them?

I did the Sketchbook Project and it was fun. I had been to the mountains and fell in love with the woods again, so I got off to a to a great start in my book "Things That Change Other Things", I began with sketches in black and white of a single tree, flowing into a forest of tress, then a steel saw, a hammer, barbed wire, electric saws, etc, then a tree that was made of picket fence posts , then a fence surrounding and into a house, into a city, then back to a single tree. I colored some, painted some, left forest stark black and white. A huge storm with lightning, and electricity lighting the city and just a simple colored pencil sketch of a 2 X 4 with a bent nail.

It took months and I lingered at the end due to work and Life in general, thus, I left some pages just sketches, and turned it in on time. So, getting started early on a big project is a good idea.

nycfem 02-11-2011 10:00 AM

Here's another question: Am I correct in assuming that all pages should be 8.5 x 11 (standard typing paper size, I believe)? Please confirm YES or NO by posting. Thank you.

Diva 02-11-2011 10:02 AM

In further reading, I guess I can do only one letter. And up to 3 pages of that letter.

I hope we don't have 27 "N" pages! lol

Tommi 02-11-2011 10:14 AM

The Planet: A Book Created by Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types

Chapters
1~P
2~L
3~A
4~N
5~E
6~T

SIGNUP Below:
1. Tommi
2. jennifer
3. Diva
4. pixie

Diva 02-11-2011 10:29 AM

Ok....I feel like I'm being a pain in the a$$ now....

BUT (no pun intended)......... so we do our page[s], the Pixie photographs them for the book? Or do the originals go in the book? And if it's just the photograph, do we get our originals back?

Pixie 02-11-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 282308)

BUT (no pun intended)......... so we do our page[s], the Pixie photographs them for the book? Or do the originals go in the book? And if it's just the photograph, do we get our originals back?

You do your pages....I take pictures of them and the finished project for the online photo album and the book goes to the reunion raffle.

Tommi 02-11-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 282299)
In further reading, I guess I can do only one letter. And up to 3 pages of that letter.

Still at a jumping off diving board location---->

:seeingstars: any letter and or any and all letters. :tea: :cigar2:
or :

# 3. Make at least one page for each letter=6 from each participant. :tea:

# 3. OR Your choice of pages and letters? up to a maximum of xx

# 4. Size=up to 8.5 X 11. (smaller can be mounted on 8.5 X 11 in order to make the book less wobbly flippy floppy and distorted.:seeingstars:

We are getting closer....:goodluck:

Tommi 02-11-2011 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 282308)

:pile::clap:
http://nuttyradio.com/web_images/let...ty_started.gif

Pixie 02-11-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfembbw (Post 282298)
Here's another question: Am I correct in assuming that all pages should be 8.5 x 11 (standard typing paper size, I believe)? Please confirm YES or NO by posting. Thank you.

That is the maximum size yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 282299)

I think Tommi was saying no more than three pages....regardless of letter....
But one of each isn't ridiculous if you want to contribute that.

purepisces 02-11-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommi (Post 282302)

Chapters
1~P
2~L
3~A
4~N
5~E
6~T

SIGNUP Below:
1. Tommi
2. jennifer
3. Diva
4. pixie
5. purepisces

I'm with Diva! I had hoped to do a page for all six chapters. I guess it would be difficult to bind that many pages together though.

Pixie 02-11-2011 10:40 AM

I will figure out the binding no worries...yall just get creative...and whatever inspires you to do however many will be just fine!

Tommi 02-11-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purepisces (Post 282317)
I'm with Diva! I had hoped to do a page for all six chapters. I guess it would be difficult to bind that many pages together though.

I'm doing one for each letter. Would I be limited to one each? What if I got really excited with P

purepisces 02-11-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixie (Post 282316)
That is the maximum size yes.

I think Tommi was saying no more than three pages....regardless of letter....
But one of each isn't ridiculous if you want to contribute that.

Looks like you were posting an answer to my question at the same time I was posting the question! Impressive. :)

Tommi 02-11-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixie (Post 282318)
I will figure out the binding no worries...yall just get creative...and whatever inspires you to do however many will be just fine!

Thinking, um , yes, I am sure it will be great. :hangloose:

purepisces 02-11-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

This is great! I'm so excited that you are doing this for us.

Tommi 02-11-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

YEAH. I'm starting today, I just had a great idea....:byebye:
Going for supplies

cara 02-11-2011 11:04 AM

Chapters
1~P
2~L
3~A
4~N
5~E
6~T

SIGNUP Below:
1. Tommi
2. jennifer
3. Diva
4. pixie
5. cara

purepisces 02-11-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 282131)
I think maybe we should consider some serious topics too, like gender and identity and silencing and acceptance. Since it's for a project for our community, I think there should be a visible tie from the book to the community.

IMy .02.

Gemme- I agree with you on this. Going with the P~L~A~N~E~T chapters, I've been trying to think of ways to work it in. I was thinking about topics like: coming out, identity, aging, acceptance, gender, love, family, community, etc. I guess I'd better get creative. :seeingstars:

nycfem 02-11-2011 11:57 AM

Okay... making sure I have this right. pixie correct me if i'm wrong:

We can do any size pages, though the max is 8.5 x 11. If it's smaller Pixie can put the smaller page on an 8.5 x 11 so that all pages are the same size.

We can do as few or as many pages as we want. The only thing is that we have to be able to say which chapter it goes under (P L A N E T), with each letter standing for whatever each of us want it to stand for.