Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thinking Harder (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   What have you learned? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4370)

BoiJen 12-31-2011 03:35 PM

I've learned that my son is the one person I share the most with emotionally, and his memory, on things even I forget, is excellent. He has
taught me to believe in "magic", especially the kind I tell him of, when my belief in it was not there at first.
I've also learned that people who push you away are the ones who need you the most, but they won't tell you until they hit a breaking point.
One last thing I learned is that people who say they will never leave, always do, and if they say they will be there, never are.... Until proven.

spritzerJ 12-31-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoiJen (Post 495829)
I've learned that my son is the one person I share the most with emotionally, and his memory, on things even I forget, is excellent. He has
taught me to believe in "magic", especially the kind I tell him of, when my belief in it was not there at first.
I've also learned that people who push you away are the ones who need you the most, but they won't tell you until they hit a breaking point.
One last thing I learned is that people who say they will never leave, always do, and if they say they will be there, never are.... Until proven.

I understand the emotional connection with your kiddo, it is amazing. As is there memory for what we forget. OMG, I never imagined how much brain power I've lost over the years but she reminds me daily. :seeingstars:

Julien 12-31-2011 03:53 PM

I've learned that I can withstand the difficult times in my life if I give myself a chance to experience the events without struggle or negativity.

Sassy 12-31-2011 04:11 PM

I've learned I just might not be ready to let go of those dreams I had when I was 20-something.

msW8ing 12-31-2011 04:31 PM

i have learned that sometimes..through no fault of either party..relationships just don't work out..there isn't always hatred or blame or cheating or lieing or mud slinging..sometimes it just doesn't work. And everyone who comes into our lives for no matter the length of time or reason why..have a purpose..have something to teach us if we are just willing to learn.

spritzerJ 12-31-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msW8ing (Post 495861)
i have learned that sometimes..through no fault of either party..relationships just don't work out..there isn't always hatred or blame or cheating or lieing or mud slinging..sometimes it just doesn't work. And everyone who comes into our lives for no matter the length of time or reason why..have a purpose..have something to teach us if we are just willing to learn.

Oh so learned that one this week. I really wanted to make 'em suffer but I was lucky that my sister reminded me to let go and let go fast so there was room for a peaceful resolution. Because it was what we really needed a peaceful resolution. And peace is being found.

1ladyface 01-11-2012 01:57 AM

I've learned (or am trying to learn) to be patient with my body. Recovering from this cold takes time, getting more flexible takes time, getting stronger takes time.

I was talking with a friend today about how I overdid it this weekend and exercised too much and re-aggravated that pesky cough I developed over Christmas. He's in a similar place so we each came up with a mantra to remind ourselves to slow down this week. Mine was initially "my body is still healing" but then I realized that made me angry and impatient so I changed it to "my magical body is healing itself" which feels good.

(though slow) :waitinggirl:

kittygrrl 03-15-2012 11:27 PM

I've learned..

true kindness is perhaps greater than love

genghisfawn 03-16-2012 12:52 AM

Some things are impossible.

mariamma 03-16-2012 01:23 AM

Patience is a virtue and I am not a virtuous woman.

Glenn 03-16-2012 05:21 AM

The most attractive packages contain the most artificial ingredients

Ginger 03-16-2012 01:38 PM

I've learned that things really do seem better in the morning—when my energy is at its best, and the sun is shining.

girl_dee 03-16-2012 01:51 PM

How wonderful life is when it is really happening, the challenges and learning is part of the big ole wonderful picture of reality. Talking about the hard stuff and being safe to do so without becoming the bad guy is an amazing thing.

That i am worthy of a nice home, safe place to live (Thank you Syr!) where i have freedoms, without landlords telling me what to do or not to do.

that sugar coating the truth is not a good idea, that only comes to bite you in the butt. i'm also learning to recognize saccharin when i see it.

Amber2010 03-16-2012 01:55 PM

I have learned that I make my own happiness and not the people in my life.

girl_dee 03-16-2012 01:58 PM

i've learned that i can't fix/save others, they have to figure it out on their own

scootebaby 03-16-2012 03:10 PM

I have learned...

Everything happens for a reason

Karma does exist,she is just quiet sometimes

Never assume...regardless what it is

Just_G 03-16-2012 03:29 PM

When people tell you who they really are; listen. When they tell you what they are looking for and you are NOT it; walk away.

I have a tendancy to think people change. They don't. If that is who they say they are; I need to start listening and walk away.

I once had a woman tell me, "I am going to do nothing but hurt you." (emotionally) Apparently I took that as a challenge to try to prove to her that she wouldn't. How STUPID of me to do that! I let her hurt me....I gave her that power when I didn't walk away....when I didn't listen to her TELLING me what she was going to do.

Ancora mi imparno!! (I am still learning!)

Just_G 03-16-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun_dee (Post 548032)
i've learned that i can't fix/save others, they have to figure it out on their own

Amen to that!! :clap:

Just_G 03-16-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msW8ing (Post 495861)

This is so absolutely true!! They are there for a reason, season, or a lifetime!

girl_dee 03-16-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just_G (Post 548078)
>snip<

I have a tendancy to think people change. They don't. </snip>

Amen to THIS.