Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Scariest Movie Ever? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5944)

Ginger 10-31-2012 07:14 PM

Maybe Open Water, too. Terrifying, but also, a love story, IMO. Sadness and terror, at once.

BrutalDaddy 10-31-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessbelle (Post 689163)
You know i've wondered about that very thing. I used to date a "ghost hunter" so to speak. She used to say if you "ghost hunt" or watch something really scary that it puts that energy in the universe and negative things and beings have entry way into your home and life.

She was really serious about it that we need to be careful.

I think i believe that.

I believe that is possible. That energy can be invited in. Especially with an ouiji board. I will never ever EVER touch one of those. Set myself on fire first. Seriously.

Never,
Brute.

Metro 10-31-2012 07:21 PM

The Omen (1976)

The Omen (1976) ranks high on my list ('specially the soundtrack).

Gemme 10-31-2012 07:24 PM

I don't know if it's the scariest movie ever for me, since different movies have affected me stronger at different points in my life, but this is one fucked up movie. I didn't go near storm drains or even sinks without great hesitation for a loooong time after this came out.

Oh, and Jaws. Didn't go near water of any kind, even pools, for a long time too.

puddin' 10-31-2012 07:31 PM

psycho (1960)
deliverance (1972)
the exorcist (1973)
the shining (1980)
orphan (2009)

Duchess 11-01-2012 02:25 AM

[QUOTE=Gemme;689183]I don't know if it's the scariest movie ever for me, since different movies have affected me stronger at different points in my life, but this is one fucked up movie. I didn't go near storm drains or even sinks without great hesitation for a loooong time after this came out.

Oh, and Jaws. Didn't go near water of any kind, even pools, for a long time too.

It's that damn CLOWN!!!!

cinnamongrrl 11-01-2012 03:28 AM

Regarding IT...the book was FAR scarier... I remember looking over the top of the book as I was reading....praying Pennywise wasn't at the foot of my bed....shiver.....

As far as movies go...for myself it's the original Friday the 13th. I still have some residual fears from it. My dad was not really thinking and let me watch it 2 weeks before I went to camp for the first time.....

Let's just say....as much as I LOVE the water....I did NOT participate in the water stuff..... :|

Gemme 11-01-2012 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duchess (Post 689393)

It's that damn CLOWN!!!!

Yup. Although I'm not afraid or hateful of clowns, that was one jacked up dude.

:blink:

Cinnamon, most books are better by far, whether scary or not. I remember reading The Tommyknockers and being so involved in it that I missed a couple of meals and didn't even know it. They made a tv show from it, but I couldn't watch more than a few minutes because they just weren't able to recreate the world that Stephen King did. It just wasn't good enough.

tantalizingfemme 11-01-2012 05:47 AM

Audrey Rose.... Scared the bejeezus out of me, yet I would watch it every time it came on.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075704/

And the original "Don't be afraid of the dark"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069992/

Ginger 11-01-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyRieinAL (Post 689153)
could not watch the exorcist
the hills have eyes
The Rite
Silence of the lambs

Oh yeah, Silence of the Lambs!!! It came out so long ago and yet still today, when I see a big man with a little fluffy dog, I keep walking and don't slow down to pet it, as much as I love to stop and pet other types of dogs and talk to their owners. Silly of me, but can't help it.

blackboot 11-01-2012 09:28 AM

Definitely, "The Exorcist" scared the raised-Roman-Catholic-hell out of me. I slept with the light on for a month. "The Entity," made in the 80's did the same. I won't watch scary movies anymore. Life is scary enough.

Bleu 11-01-2012 09:45 AM

For me it is Prince of Darkness. Holy hen shit, that was the first time I saw screen static used as a device for scary...and it was. :(

Novelafemme 11-01-2012 10:06 AM

The Shining.

Just the name gives me chills.

Glenn 11-01-2012 10:14 AM

...still can't watch the Texas Chainsaw or Bambi.

SleepyButch 11-01-2012 10:55 AM

The movie IT scared the shyt out of me for many days. I had nightmares. It's kind of comforting to see others feel the same lol.

The Ring was another one that really got me.

I don't know if anyone has seen the movie the Descent but it was quite frightening. I don't like caves to begin with and now I'll probably never go into another!

One more is Insidious. I was surprised by this one.

MrSunshine 11-01-2012 11:25 AM

Evil Dead

Event Horizon. For some reason I just don't like old ladies crawling on the ceiling, I almost shit my tights!

Glenn 11-01-2012 12:56 PM

The Portrait Of Dorian Grey. EEK! That sickly sweet little wimpy dude with the phoney smile scared me the most. At least with most of the other monsters and zombies I saw the red flags first.

Duchess 11-01-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSunshine (Post 689618)
Evil Dead

Event Horizon. For some reason I just don't like old ladies crawling on the ceiling, I almost shit my tights!

Speaking of old ladies crawling on the ceiling. How about Legion? Not a super scary movie, but the scene with the old lady on the ceiling is classic!!

LaneyDoll 11-01-2012 06:10 PM

"Jeepers Creepers." I was semi-ok with it, until the last scene. This movie scares me so bad that I could not even watch the trailer I uploaded (therefore I am not even sure that it IS the right trailer-lol).

I am really a scaredy cat. Cannot wait movies like this alone, especially at night. Ironically, some scary movies are "familiar" to me though and I can actually sleep well to them. Thirteen Ghosts, Nightmare on Elm Street (the original) are a few that come to mind.

:sparklyheart:

PaPa 11-01-2012 06:20 PM

The Shining always makes me think of him saying, "Heeere's Johnny!" LOL!