Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fine Wine: Folks Over 50 (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   If I knew then what I know now...... (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1034)

Kobi 03-15-2010 04:08 AM

If I knew then what I know now......

With age comes some degree of wisdom. Sometimes, I look back and wonder where other choices would have lead. And I find that if I could do it over, I would consider:

1. work for the government - I could have retired 2 years ago with full, lifetime income and insurance.

2. if #1 wasnt feasible, I would have foregone higher education and learned a trade. The freakin plumber putting in my hot water heater makes $100 an hour! Never make that in my field.

3. I would have bought a home at a much earlier age - like when I had the energy, strength, and stamina to be a home depot 'ho. Its easier to flip thru the yellow pages these days.

4. I would have never started smoking. Aside from being a nasty habit, the cost equates to an extra mortgage payment per month.

5. I would have become a vegan. I am getting weary of the survivors guilt whenever hunger pangs occur. :simplelaugh:

6. I would have paid more attention when Mom was making her homemade stuffing. Thats one recipe gone forever.

7. I would have taken more videos of aging relatives. I miss seeing them and hearing their voices.

8. I would have paid more attention to holistic health and less to traditional medicine.

9. I would have considered a run for political office when I thought I had all the answers.

10. I would have spent more time playing and less time working.

Anyone else?

Miss Scarlett 03-15-2010 04:25 AM

1. I would have come out to my family before I did to the rest of the world - the gap was over 20 years.

2. I would not have accepted some job offers and would not have turned down others.

3. Like Kobi I would have paid attention and gotten a couple recipes from my grnadmothers.

4. I would have told those bullies in school to kiss my a**!

5. I would have taken better care of myself.

Words 03-15-2010 07:11 AM

I would never have assumed that my kids would extend the same unconditional love and affection to me that I extend to them.

I would never have assumed that running away, be it physically or emotionally, would result in my problems being left behind.

I would never have assumed that because I was a 'good' person, others would always take that into account when judging my words and actions.

Basically, I would never have assumed anything.

Words

Kobi 03-15-2010 07:17 AM

Words explains well the old saying....never assume.....lest you make an ass out of u and me. I love that one. :)

apretty 03-15-2010 08:46 AM

this one time, i would have had the cannoli and taken latin

Soon 03-15-2010 09:12 AM

...would have never let myself be *persuaded* into giving certain relationships more chances and/or staying longer than I should have.

...not trusting what I know to be truth.

(so much more--but there's two!)

Daktari 03-15-2010 09:29 AM

If I knew then what I know I would not have allowed anyone to tell me that I 'wasn't good enough'

Andrew, Jr. 03-15-2010 10:29 AM

I never would have told the truth to my parents about being a ftm. Never. It has done nothing but brought heartache and pain to my entire family.

I would have spent more time with JoAnn before she died. Her death was a major loss to me.

christie 03-15-2010 10:31 AM

... I wouldn't change a thing.

Queerasfck 03-15-2010 10:57 AM

Two words. Apple stock.

NJFemmie 03-15-2010 11:04 AM

... I would cut out all of the "middle men".

Andrew, Jr. 03-15-2010 06:07 PM

If I knew then what I know now...

*I would have worn more Coppertone. I had no idea of what skin cancer was. :tanning:

*I never should have been so trusting of certain people online who claimed to have been my friend. Instead, I am so disappointed in our own community. It seems to happen alot. And that in itself makes me very sad. I just don't get it. :crap: The Lady Snow was/is right. :LGBTQFlag:

*I would have been animal rescue-ing alot longer than what I have been so far.
:dog: :smladybug: :goat: :fishswim: :cat:

MrSunshine 03-15-2010 06:34 PM

woulda, coulda, shoulda.....fuck regret!

Selenay 03-15-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EzeeTiger (Post 67348)
Two words. Apple stock.

And three more:

Buy Google Stock.

Blade 03-15-2010 07:06 PM

Speaking for my Papow, he'd have said yes when he said no to the offer MANY years ago to buy IBM stock, his words were naaa them computers won't never amount to nothin. LOL

Soft*Silver 03-15-2010 07:07 PM

I would have loved my parents better. Now that I am a mom, with a kid like me, boy do I appreciate my parents far more than I did when i was young

I wouldnt have sold my home in the suburbs to move out to the country

I wouldnt have added my partner's name to my bank accounts...lost my family farm over that one

I would have had less horses all at once

I would have gotten my licensure as a SW as well as LPCC...

I would have gone on for my law degree

I would have gotten halloween candy for Mrs Rogers...I let her down

this is good for now...

Rockinonahigh 03-15-2010 07:31 PM

I would have

Talked less,listened more.

stoped trying to be such a hot shot,yeah I made it but the price was way deep.

Had a whole lot less horses to care for.

gone to college sooner.

paid more attention to ppl older than me who walked the path I was on.

Trusted less ppl who said they were my friends and werent.

paid more attention to my gut feelings..

once and a while just live in the moment.

always2late 03-15-2010 08:03 PM

I would have..

Gone to med school

Trusted my gut a whole lot more

Come out earlier

Never started smoking

Gemme 03-15-2010 08:33 PM

I would have spoken up more....about my perception of my mother's boyfriends, about my abuse, about my desire to go to school, about not wanting to put others on my accounts and cosigning for them, about what was going on in my gut and head and I would have followed through. I would have been the person then I know I now can be. That would have saved me a lot of time, pain, and trouble.

Soft*Silver 03-15-2010 08:53 PM

I wouldnt have been too shy to dance

I wouldnt have gotten married the first time. I didnt love him. I wanted to, because he SO loved me. But it was during my drinking years. I married him so I could feel better. I was sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I hadnt made the connection yet that I had a problem. And of course, to feel better could have been achieved had I gotten into AA sooner. But, out of it, I got my daughter, so no, I guess i wouldnt have changed that after all...

I would have figured out a way to help my brother before he died

I would have gone to work for the prison system. Oh the security I would have now...