Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Butch Zone (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Butch Attire & Fashion (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=812)

Queerasfck 02-04-2010 09:31 PM

Butch did have nice threads, especially the hat.

http://abandonedbatonrouge.typepad.c...1/25/butch.jpg

apretty 02-04-2010 09:31 PM

Ez has great style and gives good pompadour--plus he smells good!

tips from a femme:

:unicorn: save money by spending a little more on a few items, this is a universal truth and don't buy every t-shirt known to man--you can't really wear them anywhere except for weekend errands, anyway.

:unicorn: and TRY ON, but there's some of you that will never (like Ez) so keep all the tags on so that you (or your amazing girlfriend) can have an easy time returning everything that doesn't work.

:unicorn: Ask for help! and shop the sales in finer stores--yes, those salespeople work on commission because the provide GREAT SERVICE and will call you when something has a. come in that you've been looking for or b. is going on sale that you've had your eye on! (use them! really, they're there for you and will make you look good!)

(off topic: EZ has a great eye for classic style (think: mad men), and though he'll rarely mention it, it's all part of the attraction--it's sexy when someone has confidence and doesn't need an extensive portfolio in some misguided attempt at impressing the ladies. in other words, i know he's dressing for *himself* and that is just what i like, no matter what he's wearing.)

great thread :)

Toughy 02-04-2010 10:06 PM

I have every kind of clothes you could need for any event.......boots and wranglers to classic tux or tails..........

I think every pair of slacks I own are pleated. I have the body shape and size to wear them.........AND.....they are fitted properly and the length is correct.........besides they are way more comfortable...

Jack........you will be glad to know I am buying a real bow tie this year for the Winter Ball...........you shamed me at the Oakland Bash............laughin..........so.........it's a real bow tie.....now I just have to figure out how to tie it........and should I get the one with the pointy ends or just the straight line.......

Andrew, Jr. 02-04-2010 10:24 PM

I am very classic. I like khaki's, button-downs, rugby shirts, and sportshirts. I wear sweaters. I have the basics in terms of suits, ties, and belts. I try to match the belts to the shoes. In the summer, I love to wear swim trunks over shorts any day. I find them more comfi.

Andrew

key 02-04-2010 10:36 PM

Awesome pic,

Quote:

Originally Posted by EzeeTiger (Post 44467)
Butch did have nice threads, especially the hat.

Awesome pic, looks like so many butches I know. But I think I probably look more like Alfalfa.

http://www.classicmoviekids.com/imag...lfalfa301a.jpg

nhplowboi 02-04-2010 10:42 PM

You'll usually find me in a pair of Levis, chamois shirt, and work boots. If I have to clean up, I've got the goods for that too.

Jet 02-04-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apretty (Post 44468)
Ez has great style and gives good pompadour--plus he smells good!

tips from a femme:

:unicorn: save money by spending a little more on a few items, this is a universal truth and don't buy every t-shirt known to man--you can't really wear them anywhere except for weekend errands, anyway.

:unicorn: and TRY ON, but there's some of you that will never (like Ez) so keep all the tags on so that you (or your amazing girlfriend) can have an easy time returning everything that doesn't work.

:unicorn: Ask for help! and shop the sales in finer stores--yes, those salespeople work on commission because the provide GREAT SERVICE and will call you when something has a. come in that you've been looking for or b. is going on sale that you've had your eye on! (use them! really, they're there for you and will make you look good!)

(off topic: EZ has a great eye for classic style (think: mad men), and though he'll rarely mention it, it's all part of the attraction--it's sexy when someone has confidence and doesn't need an extensive portfolio in some misguided attempt at impressing the ladies. in other words, i know he's dressing for *himself* and that is just what i like, no matter what he's wearing.)

great thread :)

golly, can we see a pic of EZ instead of Spanky and Our Gang?

DapperButch 02-04-2010 10:56 PM

For dress or semi-dress clothes I can buy off the rack at Calvin Klein. I used to buy my dress shirts from Express because they were the perfect arm length, but I pretty much buy everything from Calvin now (and not sure what Express is even selling anymore), or Kenneth Cole.

The thing I notice that butches screw up the most is not making sure that shirts/sweaters, etc., fit their shoulders correctly. Half the time you see guys with the shoulder seam half way down their arm.

For jeans, cargo shorts and other really casual stuff, I just buy wherever I find something I like. That could be at Abercrombie, Hollister, Gap, etc.

I think the most important thing is to find things that fit your body type well. That is what you will look the best in.

AtLast 02-04-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfyOne (Post 44415)
Try this place ....... http://www.sheplers.com/

Thanks!

Most of the western stuff for me is about dance. But want a belt for that buckle!

Hey Toughy, I'm with you on pleated slacks. Also, can't decide on the puff tie, an ascot or a honest to goodness real bow tie for the Winter Ball!!! LOL... I bet Jack gave you hell!

Thanks to all of you for posting- getting some ideas. Yes, Dapper.... the shirt thang! Getting the sleeves right is so important!!! Makes me gringe too when I see another butch in a really nice shirt and the shoulders do not fit. LOL... now, garters when you want to period dress are kewl. Then there are the common mistakes we make with jackets. it has really been good for me to try on all styles... 1, 2, 3, 4 button, single or double breasted. Side pleats, rear pleats, etc. to find what really does look best on my body.

If we just take the time to ask, and get alterations with a tailor from a store (just talking formal wear here, or good suits) that is right there doing the measurements, it is a good investment in the long run. Plus, I have found it much less expensive to have the alterations done in-store than taking garmets to an outside tailor. hell, the tailcoat and trousers I bout for the first BASH Ball I went to, I ordered and it cost me $150 for the alterations. It is a fine brand and I thougt... oh, this is much less through their online store, and Ill just get it altered here... and ARGH!I know sometimes it's hard, especially if you live in areas that are more rural, but I always think about the cost factor for nice clothing, that which I know I will wear often. I want it to fit well.

To be honest, I really like to shop with a femme consultant! Have really come away with clothes that fit well that way. And ones I know I can just change a hirt or vest with and wear to many events.

AtLast 02-05-2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackhammer (Post 44591)
4 button suits is a no no if you like classic style :jack:

Just saying :cheesy:

:rofl: Gotcha!!!

2 button tends to be me, single, rear vent. and yes, 4 button isn't classic at all. Don't look good on me anyway, but have seen some butches look fantastic in them!

The hardest thing for me with tuxes/suits are my damn shoulders and having to have what seems like yards taken in at the waist so that I don't look like a box! Also, the jacket length... always have to get them shortened unless I can find them in a short that fits my shoulders. Weird, I'm not short, kinda averge, I think.

Hummmm... it sure would be great for me to meet a seamstress!!! Gonna put that on my list!

Rockinonahigh 02-05-2010 12:31 PM

About body style.When I go out on a buying spree things are sort of hard to fit cause I have broad shoulders,well musceled arms from lifting weights with thighs that are pretty well bulked up..not as much as I want but geting there.What is my prob is I still cant get my gut to match the rest of me,its so dam hard to lose,if I could get my inshurance to cover the surgery I would have it cut off.When I get slacks or dress pants the tailor takes up the waist but the bdy of the pants is too lose,she says its something I have to deal with cuse of my body shape and loseing weight.Anyone have any ideas how to get pants to fit better?
Rockin

DapperButch 02-05-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh (Post 44783)
About body style.When I go out on a buying spree things are sort of hard to fit cause I have broad shoulders,well musceled arms from lifting weights with thighs that are pretty well bulked up..not as much as I want but geting there.What is my prob is I still cant get my gut to match the rest of me,its so dam hard to lose,if I could get my inshurance to cover the surgery I would have it cut off.When I get slacks or dress pants the tailor takes up the waist but the bdy of the pants is too lose,she says its something I have to deal with cuse of my body shape and loseing weight.Anyone have any ideas how to get pants to fit better?
Rockin

Hey Rockin'.

Well, tell us what your body type/body shape is, and maybe someone can help you here. :-) And are we to assume that you are buying men's pants?

Queerasfck 02-05-2010 02:14 PM

Last known photo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol' Jet (Post 44535)
golly, can we see a pic of EZ instead of Spanky and Our Gang?

http://www.rtvchannel.tv/wp-content/...ster_bunny.jpg

JakeTulane 02-05-2010 02:18 PM

Mr. Kenneth Cole

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/o...le_Kenneth.jpg

For leisure or dress. Stellar.

TIMBERWOLF 02-05-2010 03:46 PM

I'm a Cargo pant/jeans freak. Button down shirts with a vest sometimes. T-Shirts mostly during the summer, boots sometimes. Tux for the ball . I also have tails but haven't worn them in forever(too sm) LOL.
And I have to have the length taken up also. And most shirts I have to get are a 2XL but the sleeve length is 33 1/2-34 for custom shirts.

TIMBER

Rockinonahigh 02-05-2010 08:29 PM

DapperButch
Im 5'6,weigh 248..yep im kinda chunkey.I gess I have a fat boy body that is on the way to becomeing as fit as I can,I gave up the idea of being thin cause if I have to be a bull dog I will be a fit one.Most of my prob is in my belly size 46 waist in mens pants...30 inch inseam.I can usely get jackets fitted its just pants that I have prob with.
Rockin

Lady Jewel 02-05-2010 08:34 PM

Just offering a femme perspective here. A beautiful silk ascot looks really nice and classy IMHO.

Jewel

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtLastHome (Post 44569)
Thanks!

Most of the western stuff for me is about dance. But want a belt for that buckle!

Hey Toughy, I'm with you on pleated slacks. Also, can't decide on the puff tie, an ascot or a honest to goodness real bow tie for the Winter Ball!!! LOL... I bet Jack gave you hell!

Thanks to all of you for posting- getting some ideas. Yes, Dapper.... the shirt thang! Getting the sleeves right is so important!!! Makes me gringe too when I see another butch in a really nice shirt and the shoulders do not fit. LOL... now, garters when you want to period dress are kewl. Then there are the common mistakes we make with jackets. it has really been good for me to try on all styles... 1, 2, 3, 4 button, single or double breasted. Side pleats, rear pleats, etc. to find what really does look best on my body.

If we just take the time to ask, and get alterations with a tailor from a store (just talking formal wear here, or good suits) that is right there doing the measurements, it is a good investment in the long run. Plus, I have found it much less expensive to have the alterations done in-store than taking garmets to an outside tailor. hell, the tailcoat and trousers I bout for the first BASH Ball I went to, I ordered and it cost me $150 for the alterations. It is a fine brand and I thougt... oh, this is much less through their online store, and Ill just get it altered here... and ARGH!I know sometimes it's hard, especially if you live in areas that are more rural, but I always think about the cost factor for nice clothing, that which I know I will wear often. I want it to fit well.

To be honest, I really like to shop with a femme consultant! Have really come away with clothes that fit well that way. And ones I know I can just change a hirt or vest with and wear to many events.

DapperButch 02-05-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh (Post 45147)
DapperButch
Im 5'6,weigh 248..yep im kinda chunkey.I gess I have a fat boy body that is on the way to becomeing as fit as I can,I gave up the idea of being thin cause if I have to be a bull dog I will be a fit one.Most of my prob is in my belly size 46 waist in mens pants...30 inch inseam.I can usely get jackets fitted its just pants that I have prob with.
Rockin

Hey, Rockin'. I'm not sure what you can do in this situation beyond doing what you are doing, which is having a good tailor. I'm glad that you are not having any problems with jackets, because for many, jackets can be more difficult. :-)