Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   DON'T Buy It! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1879)

Stearns 08-15-2010 11:40 AM

DON'T Buy It!

In this tough economy, particularly, we all have to watch our pennies and can't afford to waste money on products that don't appear or perform as expected. What things have you bought - it can be from simple to expensive, novelty items to serious - that did not turn out like you anticipated or as advertised? Is there something about a product that you wished you'd known before you bought it?

Tell us what the product was and the issue(s) with it. You can also use the thread to ask about a product you're considering purchasing and see if anyone else has it and what their experience is with it.

Pics appreciated when possible.

Corkey 08-15-2010 01:13 PM

Cool idea Stearns, I'll have to give it some thought, 'cause we usually do so much research prior to buying anything. This is going to be a mind bender. You know how my memory is...not.

Stearns 08-15-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corkey (Post 175386)
Cool idea Stearns, I'll have to give it some thought, 'cause we usually do so much research prior to buying anything. This is going to be a mind bender. You know how my memory is...not.

Yeah, I'm still thinking, too, lol. We're just old, that's all there is to it.

Corkey 08-15-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stearns (Post 175389)
Yeah, I'm still thinking, too, lol. We're just old, that's all there is to it.

Ssssshhhhhuuussssshhhh, stop tellin' our secrets LOL

waxnrope 08-15-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corkey (Post 175391)
Ssssshhhhhuuussssshhhh, stop tellin' our secrest LOL

Yeah. It even affects our spelling.

Corkey 08-15-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waxnrope (Post 175392)

Oh hell buddy I haven't been able to spell for years...............:seeingstars:

UofMfan 08-15-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

That's just wrong.

waxnrope 08-15-2010 01:37 PM

I went to Walgreen's to purchase one of those things, aspirations, that you use to suck out mucous from a baby's nose. None of the stores (Cvs, etc) carry the larger, single unit bulb any more. I use them for cleaning ears of adults. Anyway, I got this small, two piece job that leaked at the connection when you squeezed the Dang bulb
Now I am sure that a load of ya will find this useful.

waxnrope 08-15-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corkey (Post 175394)
Oh hell buddy I haven't been able to spell for years...............:seeingstars:

That's ok, dude, you still "...crest" for me!
Have you seen what I've posted using cellphone? :(
Oops. We bring you back to our regularly scheduled programming...hi jack over

Soon 08-15-2010 02:01 PM

so this is where all the geezers are hanging out these days!

:canadian:

citybutch 08-15-2010 02:01 PM

Gardeners that are not licensed and bonded... You should see the golf course sprinkler system we have in our backyard... Literally... an industrial sized sprinkler head... It's gonna cost us $900 with the guy who IS licensed and bonded to fix that plus put in a new shut off valve for the system... :(

I had to tell him to wait a while before we do it...

WolfyOne 08-15-2010 02:06 PM

I'm almost afraid to step in here for fear someone may think I'm old :|

Corkey, you just keep quiet.....hear me bro, lol :blink:

amiyesiam 08-15-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow (Post 175415)

I want to be a geezerette!:blink:

Soon 08-15-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amiyesiam (Post 175426)

*looks around...are you sure? :blink:

haha!

Stearns 08-15-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corkey (Post 175394)

Quote:

Originally Posted by UofMfan (Post 175395)
That's just wrong.

Corkey's right; spelling is just not his strong suit. I've found the older I get, words I've spelled for years start looking mis-spelled to me. Go figure.

WolfyOne 08-15-2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amiyesiam (Post 175426)

I wiggled my nose like Jeannie sans the outfit
Did it work?

Corkey 08-15-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stearns (Post 175437)
Corkey's right; spelling is just not his strong suit. I've found the older I get, words I've spelled for years start looking mis-spelled to me. Go figure.

Right on Bro!

Stearns 08-15-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow (Post 175415)

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfyOne (Post 175423)
I'm almost afraid to step in here for fear someone may think I'm old :|

Corkey, you just keep quiet.....hear me bro, lol :blink:

Hey, even the young can buy dumb. And, they should be able to remember their dumb purchases, too, better than us geezers and geezerettes. Just sayin'

Stearns 08-15-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by citybutch (Post 175416)
Gardeners that are not licensed and bonded... You should see the golf course sprinkler system we have in our backyard... Literally... an industrial sized sprinkler head... It's gonna cost us $900 with the guy who IS licensed and bonded to fix that plus put in a new shut off valve for the system... :(

I had to tell him to wait a while before we do it...

Citybutch, that really sucks. Had the original gardener come recommended? How did you find him? I didn't know gardeners installed sprinkler systems, I thought you had to get one of the sprinkler system companies to do it.

Stearns 08-15-2010 02:33 PM

Slinky FAIL

Ok, I said this can be about any purchase. The first thing I ever bought with my very first dollar saved (25 cents a week allowance) was a Slinky. I was mesmerized by the commercials, particularly the walking down the stairs. I couldn't wait to get one and have it do all the things I saw on tv. As many of us Slinky-victims know, the toy was a FAIL at doing more than one (two at the most) walk-over. I felt disillusioned and ripped off at the ripe old age of 6. Scarred for life, I tell ya.