Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The News (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Severe Weather Check-in! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6608)

Princess 05-21-2013 07:40 AM

Severe Weather Check-in!

After hearing about the devastation of the tornado that hit Oklahoma this week I think it's time for a sound off.

This thread is for all of us who live in area's that are hit by severe weather of any sort.

Sound off, let us know that you and your loved ones are ok. Share your stories!

Princess 05-21-2013 07:42 AM

i'll start!

I am fine, no tornado's in my area here in kansas. Though I do have some friends who were in that OK tornado, everyone is accounted for and I am thankful!

grenade 05-21-2013 08:09 AM

Scary business. Prayers for the OKC area. We are also okay. Had one touch down near us but all we got was some flooding and scared kids.

joyfulfemme 05-21-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grenade (Post 801776)
Scary business. Prayers for the OKC area. We are also okay. Had one touch down near us but all we got was some flooding and scared kids.

im so glad to hear yall are ok

joy :)

JAGG 05-21-2013 09:32 AM

My heart goes out to the people of Moore. So sad. Scary.

Chelsius 05-21-2013 11:58 AM

Sending good vibes to anyone out there that was impacted.

We had some grossness here in the Midwest, but fortunately nothing too devastating; only a few downed trees and minor flooding.

ArkansasPiscesGrrl 05-21-2013 03:33 PM

The Weather Channel has listed the Little rock area as a 5 on their 1-10 rating of likelyhood of tornadoes tonight. I am hunkering down as much as possible, with an eye to the sky. I have WAY too much experience in dealing with these storms!

Gráinne 05-21-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArkansasPiscesGrrl (Post 801919)
The Weather Channel has listed the Little rock area as a 5 on their 1-10 rating of likelyhood of tornadoes tonight. I am hunkering down as much as possible, with an eye to the sky. I have WAY too much experience in dealing with these storms!

As am I. Heavy rain earlier, but I hear the real action is tonight.

Princess 05-21-2013 04:05 PM

I hope all of you in those areas stay safe tonight, ill be thinking about yall and keepin myself posted. please check in when you get the all clear!

Trev 05-21-2013 04:19 PM

There isn't anything I can't fix or replace from the storms here in Missouri. Losing my fences, trees, some roofing or even my electricity for 2 days doesn't compare in the least to what some others have lost. I am very blessed. Stay safe everyone.

WolfyOne 05-21-2013 05:03 PM

I'm about 15 miles from where the tornado touched down in Moore yesterday and about 35 miles from where the one touched down in Shawnee the day before that. I am not a native to Oklahoma and these storms are worse than any I've seen growing up in Chicago.

On another note, still waiting for a check in from a fellow BFPer that does live in Moore...so, lets send out prayers that all is well with oksoftbutch.

JAGG 05-21-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gráinne (Post 801928)
As am I. Heavy rain earlier, but I hear the real action is tonight.

Please be safe friend !!!!!!

Rockinonahigh 05-21-2013 09:56 PM

Hear we have had high wind with constant rain with thunder /lightining to go with it,sometimes it gets so quiet I get the willies cause I know what can happen after being in a fue tornadoes hear.Sofar just lots of rain at the moment,I herd that we have trees down in my neighborhood with some house damage(not mine).Everyone please stay safe and intouch.

SleepyButch 05-21-2013 10:14 PM

All is well here... thankfully. I live about 15 miles from the area where the big tornado hit. I remember when that area got hit before. Such devastation. I feel for the people who have been impacted by this storm.

JustBeingMe 05-21-2013 11:21 PM

The tornado that was an f4 that hit Granbury, Tx is further west of my home where I live and hour east of Dallas; so it did not affect me. I've been out of town for almost 3 weeks working on a landscaping project for my aunt, there's been severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings not far from my apt complex and in my mom's area which is 15 mins away from my home. She's fine, my neighbors are all fine too. My apt is still intact, thank goodness. I am going to be going home sometime early next week, I just hope it's not crappy weather for me to drive back home in for 5 1/2 hours when I do leave for home. I'm so sorry for the loss and devastation to those in the Ok area, it's beyond belief sometimes how devastation and destruction mother nature can cause. Everyone is in my prayers.

All clear in Lockhart and Bastrop outside of the Austin area(it's where I've been)....... other than some rain and lightening. I'll know more about my aunt's place tomorrow if they weathered out another high wind storm that downed 2 huge Oak trees we had to cut up and burn last weekend in which both almost took out the house, thankful it didn't and just missed it.
Good idea for a thread, Princess!!

WolfyOne 05-22-2013 05:13 AM

I heard from oksoftbutch and all is good........phew.

Please everyone, stay safe and don't be too proud to run for shelter, if you're in harms way.

Ginger 05-22-2013 05:28 AM

I've been thinking about all the people in the Oklahoma storm and watching the news carefully. So heartbreaking. Wishing them all the strength they need to recover.

Princess 05-22-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfyOne (Post 802175)
I heard from oksoftbutch and all is good........phew.

Please everyone, stay safe and don't be too proud to run for shelter, if you're in harms way.

im so glad that you heard from softie..i was concerned. glad you are both ok! this tornado season is gonna be a doozy i think...be safe, and be prepared!

Princess 05-30-2013 01:01 PM

How's everyone holding up? I know there's lots of flooding in kansas and iowa. Big storms all over the place, we have had lots of rain off and on throughout the day here in kansas. No flooding in my area though!

TruTexan 12-05-2013 09:28 AM

Severe Weather check in

Major Ice Storm in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, West Tennessee, Western Kentucky; Snow from Plains to Ohio Valley.

It's 36 degrees here in a small town just East of Dallas, and dropping temps. hour by hour. It's supposed to drop down to below 29 degrees by this evening and rain showers causing severe major Ice storm in the areas listed above.
Tune to Weather.com to follow the forecasts.
Be safe if you're traveling in these areas as the weather is severe.