Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Word of the Day (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81)

Orema 07-26-2022 07:17 AM

Wanting a morning Fika

Fika

/ˈfēkə/

(in Swedish custom) a break from activity during which people drink coffee, eat cakes or other light snacks, and relax with others.

VintageFemme 07-29-2022 01:21 PM

billet-doux

/ˌbilāˈdo͞o/

noun: billet-doux; plural noun: billets-doux

a love letter.

***remember hand written love letters with little doodles and photos and mementos enclosed? like beautiful handwriting, it's a lost art. some things should just not become obsolete. i would surmise that anyone today would love to get one but who knows how to even write them anymore. super sad about that. i'm sentimental and have mine tied up with a string in a box.

Reach *BANNED* 08-26-2022 06:32 PM

Overjoyed.

adjective
US /ˌoʊ·vərˈdʒɔɪd/

extremely pleased and happy:
[ + to infinitive ] They were overjoyed to learn that their son had not been injured in the accident.

(Definition of overjoyed from the Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary © Cambridge University Press)

clay 08-26-2022 09:09 PM

I am one who LOVES to write old fashioned love letters, just ask my wife. She has a HUGE box filled to the brim, plus a couple more, that I wrote to her. Even now I will still mail her one at work...all the other ladies are so jealous, all have to sniff my cologne scented envelope...:). I do include poems, trinkets, a momento, etc in mine.

I am a very romantic butch.....just! like! this!!

Great post VF!

[COLOR="B[/COLOR]
Quote:

Originally Posted by VintageFemme (Post 1289331)
billet-doux

/ˌbilāˈdo͞o/

noun: billet-doux; plural noun: billets-doux

a love letter.

***remember hand written love letters with little doodles and photos and mementos enclosed? like beautiful handwriting, it's a lost art. some things should just not become obsolete. i would surmise that anyone today would love to get one but who knows how to even write them anymore. super sad about that. i'm sentimental and have mine tied up with a string in a box.

Reach *BANNED* 08-31-2022 08:48 AM

histrionic

adjective:

overly theatrical or melodramatic in character or style.
"a histrionic outburst"

noun:

exaggerated dramatic behavior designed to attract attention.
"discussions around the issue have been based as much in histrionics as in history"

Reach *BANNED* 09-12-2022 05:54 AM

Grateful.

adjective

feeling or showing an appreciation of kindness; thankful.
"I'm very grateful to you for all your help"

ARCHAIC
received or experienced with gratitude; welcome.
"enjoying the grateful shade"

Orema 09-14-2022 04:14 AM

Listen

LISTEN

Listen to your heart.

VintageFemme 10-14-2022 09:52 AM

enchanted.

Bèsame* 10-20-2022 07:29 AM

Orema 02-01-2023 05:52 AM

... Intent ...

Bèsame* 11-07-2023 11:31 AM

Not as in food, but as in let a relationship be