Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The News (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   RIP (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4126)

Mister Bent 01-22-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Bo (Post 510837)
He knew??? How do you know that??? Nobody knows that.
Show me your proof that he knew. If you HAVE any.

Just because YOU think he knew, that makes it true? That's just YOUR opinion.

Bo, have you seen any news coverage regarding Jerry Sandusky? In case you've somehow missed it, here's a pretty convincing report that Paterno "knew."

Even in the reports I've read announcing Joe Paterno's death have included the fact that he knew.

UofMfan 01-22-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Bo (Post 510850)
Where has it been proven???? He only knew when McQueary told him at his kitchen table.

If you know more than anybody else and have proof, please show me.

Wow.

He knew because McQuary came to him and told him.

That's not good enough for you?

It was good enough to get him fired.

~Bo 01-22-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UofMfan (Post 510848)
Here is, in his own words. He knew.

I read that whole thing and I saw no where where Joe says he knew before McQueary told him. Can you please show me what paragraph you see it?

UofMfan 01-22-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Bo (Post 510857)
I read that whole thing and I saw no where where Joe says he knew before McQueary told him. Can you please show me what paragraph you see it?

Who is saying he knew before McQueary told him?

So, hmm for you it is the timing that matters?

I am not sure I can make sense of that. I am sorry, I am stopping here because you seem not only to be really aggressive about this, but unwilling to see the facts.

~Bo 01-22-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Bent (Post 510854)
Bo, have you seen any news coverage regarding Jerry Sandusky? In case you've somehow missed it, here's a pretty convincing report that Paterno "knew."

Even in the reports I've read announcing Joe Paterno's death have included the fact that he knew.

Right......he knew when McQueary told him. He didn't know before that day.

Kobi 01-22-2012 07:09 PM

Joe Paterno

Joe,

Death is sad. Whether it be the death of a person, the death of a reputation, or the death of an ideal.

To me, you will always be a coach with an unprecedented legacy, a legacy now tainted by the alledged predatory actions of one of your employees. I will never know what all occured during this hideous part of your history at Penn State. I dont know if anyone ever will cuz when people rush to cover their asses, the truth becomes a forgotten part of the process.

Joe, I dont blame you for what happened. What Jerry is accused of doing is horrid but you didnt do it. Jerry did. You had it dropped in your lap. Sometimes it is hard to know what to do in a situation. And sometimes even when you do what you should, it still wont be perceived, in hindsight, as the right thing or the best thing or enough. And you will be called many things for not having done more. What is worse is, every good thing you have done gets pushed aside because people need someone to blame, someone to be responsible, someone who dropped the ball in the scheme of things.

Joe, as someone who was responsible for protecting innocent kids, I have been there. And, I knew what to do and who to report it to, and put my career on the line more than once only to watch the system fail. And when the system failed, I failed. Sometimes, I didnt know what to do or the best thing to do. Sometimes, I maybe didnt act when I should have. I know, regardless, I agonized over it every step of the way. Some things still haunt me and they always will. But, nothing will haunt me more than the look in the eyes of a child I failed.

So, Joe, I am not going to judge you or call you names cuz I know what it is like. I'm just going to say thank you for the memories both good and not so good. Just seems like the right thing to do for another imperfect human being.

Mister Bent 01-22-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Bo (Post 510864)
Right......he knew when McQueary told him. He didn't know before that day.

So, we're all agreed. He knew.

~Bo 01-22-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UofMfan (Post 510856)
Wow.

He knew because McQuary came to him and told him.

That's not good enough for you?

It was good enough to get him fired.

That's what I said. He knew when McQueary told him. But you all are saying he knew before that.

And when McQueary told him, he reported it to his superior. Just like he was required to do.

So what is your beef?? Even the DA said Joe was legally right.

And yes.....I have read and heard all about the Sandusky case. I live in central PA. And I work for the PA Supreme Court and we're involved with the court hearings.
So yeah.......I DO know a little bit about it.

~Bo 01-22-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobi (Post 510865)
Joe,

Death is sad. Whether it be the death of a person, the death of a reputation, or the death of an ideal.

To me, you will always be a coach with an unprecedented legacy, a legacy now tainted by the alledged predatory actions of one of your employees. I will never know what all occured during this hideous part of your history at Penn State. I dont know if anyone ever will cuz when people rush to cover their asses, the truth becomes a forgotten part of the process.

Joe, I dont blame you for what happened. What Jerry is accused of doing is horrid but you didnt do it. Jerry did. You had it dropped in your lap. Sometimes it is hard to know what to do in a situation. And sometimes even when you do what you should, it still wont be perceived, in hindsight, as the right thing or the best thing or enough. And you will be called many things for not having done more. What is worse is, every good thing you have done gets pushed aside because people need someone to blame, someone to be responsible, someone who dropped the ball in the scheme of things.

Joe, as someone who was responsible for protecting innocent kids, I have been there. And, I knew what to do and who to report it to, and put my career on the line more than once only to watch the system fail. And when the system failed, I failed. Sometimes, I didnt know what to do or the best thing to do. Sometimes, I maybe didnt act when I should have. I know, regardless, I agonized over it every step of the way. Some things still haunt me and they always will. But, nothing will haunt me more than the look in the eyes of a child I failed.

So, Joe, I am not going to judge you or call you names cuz I know what it is like. I'm just going to say thank you for the memories both good and not so good. Just seems like the right thing to do for another imperfect human being.

Exactly. Thanks

~Bo 01-22-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Bent (Post 510866)
So, we're all agreed. He knew.

Right. And when he was told, he reported it. So why are you all attacking him?? HE didn't abuse the kids. Sandusky did. So how does that make Joe a preditor?

The_Lady_Snow 01-22-2012 07:18 PM

He's gross

Paterno's football "legacy" was built the backs of children who came from single parent homes, under priveledged kids that to him and any other classist POS person that stood by quietly knowing one of their own was/ is/ and would still be molesting children if he hadn't of been "retired".. Paterno kept his yap shut alllllll that power and position and his "right hand" continued to abuse children...

Not once did Paterno scream out HEY KIDS ARE BEING abused...

UofMfan 01-22-2012 07:19 PM

~ Bo, I said in my post I was going to stop. So I am going to kindly ask you to stop leaving me rep messages about this.

Thank you.

~Bo 01-22-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UofMfan (Post 510883)
~ Bo, I said in my post I was going to stop. So I am going to kindly ask you to stop leaving me rep messages about this.

Thank you.

Sure thing. And you please stop leaving them for me too. Thanks

~Bo 01-22-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow (Post 510880)
Paterno's football "legacy" was built the backs of children who came from single parent homes, under priveledged kids that to him and any other classist POS person that stood by quietly knowing one of their own was/ is/ and would still be molesting children if he hadn't of been "retired".. Paterno kept his yap shut alllllll that power and position and his "right hand" continued to abuse children...

Not once did Paterno scream out HEY KIDS ARE BEING abused...

I don't understand what you're saying here, Snowy. It's going over my head.
But Joe has mentored hundreds of players and I've never heard any of them say anything bad about him.

I cannot see how you can say JoePA abused any kids.

The_Lady_Snow 01-22-2012 07:37 PM

He should of went to the cops..

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Bo (Post 510890)
I don't understand what you're saying here, Snowy. It's going over my head.
But Joe has mentored hundreds of players and I've never heard any of them say anything bad about him.

I cannot see how you can say JoePA abused any kids.

Bo, when keeps quiet about any kind of abuse against a child, when a person doesn't take their right hand man tithe side and ask WTF are you doing showering with children!, when a person in a position of power like Paterno turns a blind eye it harms kids and there are children that were harmed.

It's been reported that Paterno was fired for "covering up the incidents" and also failing to notify authorities and when he did he didn't tell the full truth, so if he hadn't of passed he may have been brought up on perjury charges.

That to me is just as bad as what Sandusky did, he and any other POS Penn State official who knew are just as guilty..

These children were abused under the Paterno watch, he is disgusting

The_Lady_Snow 01-22-2012 07:42 PM

PS

PS

I'm gonna shush now cause I feel really strong about child abusers and their enablers. Plus nothing anyone says will change my view of a POS.

:)

Chancie 01-22-2012 08:02 PM

I am not happy that a man is dead, but seriously, I forgot how important football is to some people.

weatherboi 01-22-2012 08:07 PM

Evidently a patriarchal group of men thought football was more important than a group of young boys safety.