Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Baby talk--Maybe talk? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8682)

WheatToast 09-16-2018 05:38 PM

Baby talk--Maybe talk?

Where do you ladies and butches stand on baby talk, among adults?
If it's a lover, I don't mind a dab now and then, but my friends, never!
Add your favorites, or least favorites.

Here are some of mine:

For actual babies only:

Horsie
Doggy
Piggy
Duckie
Go bye bye
Are you toisty? (thirsty)
Get your baba or binkie)
Did you go wiwi, doo doo, doodie, poo poo, poopie, or potty?
Want sketti for din-din?
Want some wawa?
Did you get a boo boo? An owie?
Want some num nums to eat?

And for lovers (of some duration)

Bye bye
Beddy-bye
Jammies
Titties
Baby Doll
Sweetie Pie
Cupcake
Cookie
Baby
Kiss it and make it better

For fellow butches:

Yeah, try it.

nycfem 09-16-2018 06:14 PM

Me sad :(. I thot this wuz gonna be a baby talk thread! Great title, btw!

nina03 09-16-2018 06:57 PM

I think for me, I don't generally use baby talk with actual babies. I had multiple speech impediments as a small child (stuttered and lisped), and I feel like hearing adults use correct speech is really important for children's language skills, and verbal development.

That said, I use baby talk with my puppies all the time, and I'm kind of surprised by it. I never thought I'd be that kind of puppy mom, but here I am.

As for baby talk with a lover, I guess that is something that has varied depending on who I am with. I don't generally like being spoken to like I'm a child, so it would have to be pretty specific circumstances for me to be ok with it aimed at me. I don't think I've ever used baby talk with to a butch lover. I call people sweetie pretty often, but I don't consider that baby talk.

homoe 09-16-2018 07:25 PM

Homoe doesn't do baby talk period!

Gemme 09-16-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WheatToast (Post 1225268)

Ummmm….not really. As far as babies, there are a few words-here and there- that I might use. I use jammies on a regular basis but not with that annoying tone that baby talk can have sometimes.

As for pets, yeah, I can be guilty of that from time to time but mostly it's saying adult things in a higher pitch than normal, such as, "What are you DOING with that, baby?" with the emphasis on the doing so it's my tone that's baby like than my actual words.

I do identify as a girl and I do participate in D/g and there is the occasional sprinkling of baby-ish talk, or more accurately, baby-ish language but I don't do age play (although I have a little...it's complicated). I do have pet names for lovers and some of them fall in your list but it's situational and personal to that person, not generally.

I don't say wawa to anyone...child, animal or adult....as is with most of the words and phrases in your first list. However, some of the words and phrases are something that has been in my family for a long time. I have adult members of my family that speak in adult speech and tones and still call spaghetti...sketti. Or psketti. I can't visualize it as baby talk because I hear my 6 ft 9 inch 400 lb uncle say it in his baritone in my head. Sometimes it was followed by a 'fuggetaboutit' if he asked if we were having it and we weren't.

For the record, I do love a nice onesie but that's a different story altogether.

:blink:

~ocean 09-16-2018 08:19 PM

baby talk makes me gag ! pet peeve:the expression "samy" for a sandwich I quiver w/ disgust thinking of someone saying it .

JDeere 09-16-2018 08:57 PM

Pet names yes or when picking on each other but no baby talk, thats freaking creepy!

cinnamongrrl 09-16-2018 09:36 PM

I respected my children’s intelligence too much to talk baby talk to them. I wanted them to know the correct word and have a good vocabulary. If they were sick then yes, I’d coddle a bit.

My dogs I baby talk more than I care to admit. Not that I don’t respect their intelligence. I’ve just come to realize it makes them happy. Now that I have an empty nest, they’re as close to a baby as I’ve got.

In relationships... to each their own. It’s not a big thing for me personally but...I respect individual choice in most things.

(My uncle has been referring to me as a “bleeding heart liberal” since i was 13)

Kätzchen 09-16-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WheatToast (Post 1225268)
If it's a lover, I don't mind a dab now and then, but my friends, never!
Add your favorites, or least favorites.

Here are some of mine:

For actual babies only:

Horsie
Doggy
Piggy
Duckie
Go bye bye
Are you toisty? (thirsty)
Get your baba or binkie)
Did you go wiwi, doo doo, doodie, poo poo, poopie, or potty?
Want sketti for din-din?
Want some wawa?
Did you get a boo boo? An owie?
Want some num nums to eat?

And for lovers (of some duration)

Bye bye
Beddy-bye
Jammies
Titties
Baby Doll
Sweetie Pie
Cupcake
Cookie
Baby
Kiss it and make it better

For fellow butches:

Yeah, try it.

Context matters, definitely. I mean, terms of endearment come with how strongly you feel for someone you like, right? Maybe, sometimes pet names or sweet-talk add depth and communicate how you feel in terms of clarity.... I think it's okay, until it's not okay (context). Right???

:hk20:

Martina 09-17-2018 05:04 PM

Pets only. And if you and your gf do that, please please only in private.

WheatToast 09-18-2018 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nina03 (Post 1225284)
I think for me, I don't generally use baby talk with actual babies. I had multiple speech impediments as a small child (stuttered and lisped), and I feel like hearing adults use correct speech is really important for children's language skills, and verbal development.

That said, I use baby talk with my puppies all the time, and I'm kind of surprised by it. I never thought I'd be that kind of puppy mom, but here I am.

As for baby talk with a lover, I guess that is something that has varied depending on who I am with. I don't generally like being spoken to like I'm a child, so it would have to be pretty specific circumstances for me to be ok with it aimed at me. I don't think I've ever used baby talk with to a butch lover. I call people sweetie pretty often, but I don't consider that baby talk.

Cats are different. I call one Kitty Pants and the other Uniball.

CherryWine 09-18-2018 08:18 PM

Baby talk. Hmm. I wouldn’t say that I participate in baby talk with my girlfriend, but we do have some pretty childish moments together in private and in front of people whom we know wouldn’t judge us...ha. (As I do with my closest friends.) I’ve realized that, for me, it is imperative that any potential partner has the capability to access their inner child...and does so somewhat frequently.

A long time ago, I had a boss whose wife would come into the drug store and speak to him in baby talk. I don’t believe I ever heard her speak to him in any other tone of voice. You could tell he loved it. They were both pharmacists. It was pretty awkward for those of us within earshot, but hey....to each their own.

socialjustice_fsu 09-18-2018 08:41 PM

Martina and Nina03 are in my head.

Please: If you feel compelled to speak baby talk to your adult partner in public I will likely say something YOU might interpret as “assertive.” I use that term loosely. There’s a time and place for such antics and Would I speak to my butch in baby talk in private? Very highly unlikely. Now, my cats are a whole different ball of wax. We will break into the goo-goo and ga-ga at any given moment. They also get serenaded by my raspy, southern drawl vernacular. They have yet to pack up and move out.