Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thinking Harder (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Tell the Truth: Renaming Headline News Stories. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8922)

Kätzchen 02-17-2021 12:00 PM

Tell the Truth: Renaming Headline News Stories.

Hey everyone, here is a new forum thread to actively speak truth to power, where it concerns cutural issues in society, anywhere.

I saw the headline news story on CNN which spoke to the death of a highly recognized person in American society who has basically promoted hatred of anything which is not in alignment with its brand of hate.

I think one way to tackle White Privilege, Racism and the ensuing rise of White Supremacy is to call it out for what it is, so that horrible behavioral choice is named for what it is. That way, in similar fashion as depriving you-know-who of any oxygen to thrive on or exist, is quashed by social rejection of such heinous behavioral choices.

Here is the CNN news story: https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/media...ary/index.html

Here is what I think the title of news story should be:

White Supremacist Who Steered Racist Hate Movement Finally Dead After 79 years of Filling The Radio and TV Airwaves with Toxic Hate.

homoe 02-18-2021 08:56 PM

After facing backlash, U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz is expected to be back in Texas Thursday after flying to Cancun on Wednesday as millions of Texans boil their water and struggle to heat their homes

Cruz went for a long-planned trip but was expected to return almost immediately, the Associated Press reported. The noise of Cruz’s trip sparked backlash and left many criticizing the Republican lawmaker for leaving Texas while its residents go through an unprecedented crisis.

Original headline
Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Texas Sen. Ted Cruz expected to return after trip to Cancun amid statewide power outage
Renamed headline
Cruz says "Shit I'm SO busted, now I have to go back to Texas and freeze with the rest of the peons!"

Orema 02-19-2021 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1281268)
After facing backlash, U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz is expected to be back in Texas Thursday after flying to Cancun on Wednesday as millions of Texans boil their water and struggle to heat their homes

Cruz went for a long-planned trip but was expected to return almost immediately, the Associated Press reported. The noise of Cruz’s trip sparked backlash and left many criticizing the Republican lawmaker for leaving Texas while its residents go through an unprecedented crisis.

Original headline
Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Texas Sen. Ted Cruz expected to return after trip to Cancun amid statewide power outage
Renamed headline
Cruz says "Shit I'm SO busted, now I have to go back to Texas and freeze with the rest of the peons!"

The Root had a nice headline on this: After Throwing His Wife, His Dad, His State, His Country, His Name, and His Nuts Under the Bus, Ted Cruz Throws His Daughters There, Too.

This isn’t thread compliant, but I thought it was worthy of a mention.

homoe 02-19-2021 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orema (Post 1281273)
The Root had a nice headline on this: After Throwing His Wife, His Dad, His State, His Country, His Name, and His Nuts Under the Bus, Ted Cruz Throws His Daughters There, Too.

This isn’t thread compliant, but I thought it was worthy of a mention.

Why is it whenever these jackasses get caught, their first line of defense is lying or attempting spin control INSTEAD of just fessing up?!

homoe 02-19-2021 11:59 AM

Headline.........

Ivanka Trump has no plans to challenge Marco Rubio for Senate in Florida in 2022.

WASHINGTON — Ivanka Trump, daughter to former President Donald Trump and one of his top advisers in office, will not seek the Florida Senate seat held by Marco Rubio in 2022, according to reports. Trump, whose family's move to Florida fueled speculation she would run for state office, spoke with Rubio and offered her support for his re-election, Rubio's spokesperson told the New York Times.

"Marco did speak with Ivanka a few weeks ago," Rubio spokesperson Nick Iacovella told the Times. "Ivanka offered her support for Marco's re-election. They had a great talk." USA TODAY has requested comment from Rubio's office.

Truth in telling headline:

Ivanka Realizes She Didn't Have A Snowball's Chance in Hell of Winning.