Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   BFP How To Videos (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7021)

How To 10-29-2013 02:42 PM

BFP How To Videos

Some BFP members requested "how to" videos showing them how to use certain areas and features of the site, so this thread will be used for that.

If you have any questions or if you have something specific in mind that you would like to see laid out in a video, let us know so we can take care of it and post it here.

Thanks! :)

Corkey 10-29-2013 02:44 PM

Posting youtube videos. Please and thank you.

How To 10-29-2013 02:45 PM

BFP How To: Basics of BFP -1-

In this video, I go over some of the basics of BFP. I broke the basics up into 2 videos.
This one covers profiles, editing profile, notifications, UserCP, contacts & friends, members list, new posts, today's posts, and quick links.

How To 10-29-2013 02:48 PM

BFP How To: Basics of BFP -2-

In this video, I go over some more basics of BFP, including:
front page, forums, subscriptions, gallery overview, and chat.

How To 10-29-2013 02:50 PM

BFP How To: Posting YouTube Videos

In this video, I go over how to post a YouTube video.

How To 10-29-2013 02:52 PM

BFP How To: Posting Pics

In this video, I go over how to post pics from the web
into threads and into visitor messages on profiles.

How To 10-29-2013 02:54 PM

BFP How To: Thread Posts

In this video, I go over posting to threads, including:
thanks, thanks w/message, reply, report, quote, and multi-quote.
I also go over thread tools, including subscribing to
and unsubscribing from threads.

How To 10-29-2013 02:57 PM

BFP How To: Gallery

In this video, I go over the gallery, including:
uploading pics, leaving comments, rating photos,
and a general tour of the gallery & its features.

Linus 10-30-2013 07:57 AM

Would it be better to have individual threads for each video to make it easier for members to find the specific video?

How To 10-30-2013 08:05 AM

If they had their own forum, I would be more inclined to say yes; but I fear individual threads might get lost in the grand scheme of things, leaving people wondering if there is a video on such and such and asking for it because they can't find it.

Also, I like the idea of having a space where people can ask for videos on specific topics or features because I doubt I covered everything with these 6 videos.

Idk

Kobi 10-30-2013 08:12 AM

Personally, I like the videos all in one place.

not2shygrrl 11-01-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 858670)
Would it be better to have individual threads for each video to make it easier for members to find the specific video?

I think that to have a link for how to videos on the main page in the "site navigation" box would be ideal (for example). So keep the thread, and post the link to it in that box. That way it does not get lost in the multitudes of other threads, and even as a newbie that main page is looked over for sources and such and would be easy to spot. Of course just my opinion or 2 cents worth.

I do think this thread is a wonderful resource, and that it will continue to grow with time for sure!

TheLoneStranger 11-02-2013 04:26 AM

Thanks for thread!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 858670)

I think having them all together makes sense and easier to find.

girl_dee 11-02-2013 06:09 AM

thank you!!!!!

not2shygrrl 11-06-2013 03:07 PM

I am impressed..........

Wow !!! I am impressed! Love the front page (left side) pink and black banner!! Yippiiieeee!! Thank you for providing an instant click on this resources for newbies/veterans to use , even if some of us are not newbies anymore!! TY! TY! TY! :flashy:

How To 11-07-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not2shygrrl (Post 860833)
Wow !!! I am impressed! Love the front page (left side) pink and black banner!! Yippiiieeee!! Thank you for providing an instant click on this resources for newbies/veterans to use , even if some of us are not newbies anymore!! TY! TY! TY! :flashy:

I didn't make those changes, I just made some videos; but I'm sure if Admin has seen this, they appreciate your thanks. :)

TruTexan 01-01-2014 08:39 PM

bump bump bump

Just bumping incase anyone needs a little help.

TruTexan 01-13-2014 06:53 PM

bump bump bump

Bumping the thread just in case someone needs a little help.

okieblu 03-26-2014 10:16 AM

Someone pointed me here, after reading my question/info request, so here goes.

Is there a way, within a post, to post pics that you download from your computer? Rather than the web? The only thing I can find in the menu line, is to post pics from a url. Not what I wanted. The pics are on my computer.

This is probably dead obvious to everyone but me. Sorry for the stupid question.