Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fine Wine: Folks Over 50 (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   The Loft: Butches and Femmes in their 40s, 50s and over. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317)

Gayandgray 10-13-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 1174315)
Happy Friday the 13th!!!

Oh wow I didn't even realize today is Friday the 13th!!!!!!!:jester::jester:

Mel C. 10-13-2017 08:59 AM

I graduated from being in my 40's to my 50's. Good thing I haven't aged out of the loft.

girl_dee 10-13-2017 10:21 AM

:police:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mel C. (Post 1174349)
I graduated from being in my 40's to my 50's. Good thing I haven't aged out of the loft.

The Loft was a chat room for the over 40's crowd on Gay . Com.

i was there as an illegal minor :) but they let me in anyway.

Next thing yaknow i will be aging out of the Loft!!

PS you totally do not look 50!

C0LLETTE 10-13-2017 02:07 PM

i am now 72. I do miss an environment which recognizes that 55 is not 70 and the slide after 70 is nothing like 60 - 70 .

You have no idea how tiresome it is to hear younger ppl ( even 60 year olds) going on abt age being just a number.

if you are one of those "plagued elders', come contact me directly and i will explain so many things to you....most of which never occurred to you till AARP sent you an email to join up.

Some of it:
There's the first moment when the kid at the grocery counter calls you Ma'am";

the moment when you realise you can't recognise a single song at a community gay dance;

the moment when you realise those 20-somethings on the dance floor might sleep with you, once ( Just to see what it's like or maybe cause they have a tiny social conscience screw loose. ).

Sooooo....Age gracefully my darlings; accept it and the wisdom it brings as it comes and only have sex with women older than you. You'll like it. They'll like it too.

And there are some amazing 80 y/o bodies out there, or so i'm told.

girl_dee 10-13-2017 02:31 PM

Embracing the 50's!

i am having a better time at 50 than i did at 40 or 30, and i don't remember 20 but i am pretty sure it was not fun.

i've been responsible for others since i can remember and it sure feels good to let go and only worry about myself now. i am FREE!

i am also enjoying embracing my kinky side, something i have hidden for a long time.

i do wish i had my old body back, this one works but things aren't exactly where they used to be :blush:

Mel C. 10-13-2017 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 1174381)
i am having a better time at 50 than i did at 40 or 30, and i don't remember 20 but i am pretty sure it was not fun.

i've been responsible for others since i can remember and it sure feels good to let go and only worry about myself now. i am FREE!

i am also enjoying embracing my kinky side, something i have hidden for a long time.

i do wish i had my old body back, this one works but things aren't exactly where they used to be :blush:

I sure enjoy you in your 50's. I love your kinky side as well as your perfectly arranged body.

cathexis 10-13-2017 08:12 PM

Definitely had more fun and was more productive in my 30s/40s. Had a lucrative job, owned a townhouse outside of Ft. Lauderdale, my self esteem was high. Had a good group of equally wild friends. We would jet off several times a year to Intl. Ms. Leather, Living in Leather, Michfest, even Intl. Mr. Leather, and wherever else we wanted to. I had full leathers that were given or earned. Drove around in a Saab.

Went on a nursing travel assignment, my leathers were stolen, I was raped and the asshole stole my collection of irreplaceable whip and quirts as well as all my turquoise jewelry. I was put in jail pending court which I pled Nolo contender cause I could risk a felony. Had not done what they charged me with, but it was the only way out. Had my custom made wedding ring stolen. Yeah, sure the rapist went to prison...for 2 years!

Have been homeless twice panhandling for food and a place for the night. Lost my companion animals 1) a wolf hybrid had to be placed up for adoption and 2) a sweet pitbull who was a one family dog had to be put down. My 3 cats just wandered off. My Partner's sister paid for our travel from Albuquerque and refused the animals. Once in the NE, we were housed with Her brother whose wife hated us.

Both of us became disabled, but I was the only one whose SSDI was approved. We live in a small village up near Canada. Saving money to move to a city, probably Albany.

See those 30s and 40s were truly better. I feel like I'm just biding time. My depression and OCD are much worse. Have become agoraphobic. Rarely leave the apartment which is a whole other mess.

girl_dee 10-14-2017 04:52 AM

Good morning ..

Cath i am so sorry to hear about your hard times.

i am waiting to go to work, i am not a fan of these short days!

Esme nha Maire 10-25-2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0LLETTE (Post 1174375)
i am now 72. I do miss an environment which recognizes that 55 is not 70 and the slide after 70 is nothing like 60 - 70 .

You have no idea how tiresome it is to hear younger ppl ( even 60 year olds) going on abt age being just a number.

if you are one of those "plagued elders', come contact me directly and i will explain so many things to you....most of which never occurred to you till AARP sent you an email to join up.

Some of it:
There's the first moment when the kid at the grocery counter calls you Ma'am";

the moment when you realise you can't recognise a single song at a community gay dance;

the moment when you realise those 20-somethings on the dance floor might sleep with you, once ( Just to see what it's like or maybe cause they have a tiny social conscience screw loose. ).

Sooooo....Age gracefully my darlings; accept it and the wisdom it brings as it comes and only have sex with women older than you. You'll like it. They'll like it too.

And there are some amazing 80 y/o bodies out there, or so i'm told.

(Chuckling) aye, age is just a number, but bigger numbers are indicative of more wear and tear! Even allowing for my current lack of fitness, no way could I keep up with the way our (female) twenty-something instructor could fork-over an allotment (lets just draw a veil over the gap between me and the twenty-something lads on the course!) I've always used Sir or Ma'am to anyone over twenty - does this make me a bad person? :-}

GeorgiaMa'am 10-26-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esme nha Maire (Post 1177264)
I've always used Sir or Ma'am to anyone over twenty - does this make me a bad person? :-}

I've always used Sir or Ma'am to anyone over about 40, but lately (I'm now 52) I'm starting to get odd looks. They seem to be thinking, "Who are you calling Ma'am? You're a Ma'am yourself!" It seems to especially happen if they are noticeably younger than me. (Instances in the leather scene not included, of course.)

Has anyone else noticed this?

girl_dee 10-26-2017 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am (Post 1177456)
I've always used Sir or Ma'am to anyone over about 40, but lately (I'm now 52) I'm starting to get odd looks. They seem to be thinking, "Who are you calling Ma'am? You're a Ma'am yourself!" It seems to especially happen if they are noticeably younger than me. (Instances in the leather scene not included, of course.)

i use Ma’am and Sir and don’t mind being Ma’amed myself.

Lyte 10-26-2017 07:17 PM

Here in the south, Texas ... not sure where you're at... ;) The Sir and Ma'am def flow regularly from younger to older BUT... at least in the workplace it does flow the other direction too... if only as a courtesy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am (Post 1177456)

LOQUI 04-14-2018 02:26 PM

:curtain: Is anybody in here?!

Hello? :hiding:

:nothingtoadd:

Gemme 04-14-2018 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOQUI (Post 1205896)
:curtain: Is anybody in here?!

Hello? :hiding:

:nothingtoadd:

Nope!!!!!!

LOQUI 04-14-2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 1206127)
Nope!!!!!!

Nope!?!?!?!?!?!?

what....

that nobody is here....or not that I can't be included in this thread?! :seeingstars:

I promise I have my birth certificate to show Im older than 21. :sunglass:

Note: I also count with some wrinkles and, after my last haircut I noticed that I even have a few white hairs!! :|

Gemme 04-15-2018 01:55 PM

Double that 21 and you're in like Flynn.

I meant nope in response to your 'is anybody in here' question. The exclamation points were for the 10 letter minimum. lol

Chad 04-15-2018 02:21 PM

Loft

I am here!

:cowboy:

Bootsandheels 04-15-2018 02:33 PM

I definitely qualify for this group! LOL... ;) Hello everyone!

Mel C. 04-15-2018 04:20 PM

Hello Lofters...Happy Sunday!

Gayandgray 04-17-2018 05:00 PM

Hello!!! Howdy!!!!!!