Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you having for dinner tonight? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197)

femmennoir 04-18-2011 05:15 PM

Grilled New York steak very rare, fingerling potatoes sautéed with garlic, sliced heirloom tomatoes with sea salt, glass of Merlot, espresso with two fresh Medjool dates.
We have no school tomorrow because of Passover and I had to celebrate! (We also will have Good Friday off, and we did have two weeks spring break off a couple of weeks ago!)

Elle*, looking forward to tomorrow!

PaPa 04-18-2011 05:53 PM

Domino's Chicken Bacon Ranch and a Chocolate Lava Cake

Cowboi 04-18-2011 05:57 PM

Stir fry with shrimp, and ice water.

300GT 04-18-2011 06:14 PM

Corn Beef. St. Patty's day all over again :)

justpjhere 04-18-2011 06:15 PM

dinner

turkey sandwich on sour dough
french onion soup
grapes
cadbury egg
water

Gemme 04-18-2011 07:09 PM

Healthy!

A skillet casserole, if you will....one layer each of...

diced onion
bell pepper
scallion
turkey sausage (60% less fat)
lots of yummy seasoning and pepper
zucchini
yellow squash
mushroom

...sweated nicely under a foil hat on the stove and displayed on a bed of steamed rice....yummmmmy.

An orange flavored water and I'm a happy girl!

:girleating:

Jesse 04-19-2011 12:55 PM

Organic vegetable barley soup and a grilled cheese sandwich on whole wheat.

Andrew, Jr. 04-19-2011 01:16 PM

Dinner

Tossed Salad

Baked Salmon

Mushrooms/Onions

Baked Potato

Steamed Asperagus

Bottled Water

sweetfemme247 04-19-2011 01:47 PM

my aunt is making lamb tonight, I am kind of scared to eat it

lipstixgal 04-19-2011 02:00 PM

I'm having some turkey and some salad and a fruit then going to the gym to work out in water aerobics tonight!!

PinkieLee 04-19-2011 02:44 PM

I took some chicken breasts out to thaw so I'm thinking....

grilled chicken breasts (throwin them on the ol' George Foreman grill)
mushroom rice (yeah, it's Lipton's in a bag)
and steamed green beans (yep, steam in the bag microwave kind)

**y'all didn't know I was such a fancy cook ;)

Apocalipstic 04-19-2011 02:46 PM

A nap! I need a nap way more than food.

Blade 04-19-2011 02:55 PM

Mayo and onion sandwich I reckon

Soft*Silver 04-19-2011 02:56 PM

count down time

Monday is the surgery so today I am having:

pizza hut super supreme with double stuffed crust!

Rockinonahigh 04-19-2011 03:12 PM

Shrimp scampi with a tosed salad of tomatos,artichoke halves,greek olives,cucumber baby spinice with a touch of romaine.Righ along with home made dressing.

Gemme 04-19-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princessbella (Post 323263)
my aunt is making lamb tonight, I am kind of scared to eat it

Unless your aunt is a notoriously bad cook, or you are a picky eater, I wouldn't worry about it. Lamb can be really good.

Gemme 04-19-2011 03:31 PM

Tonight has been a bit of a roller coaster in terms of dinner. First, Ebon decided he wanted to go to lunch at 4pm. So, I planned my time accordingly so that din din would be ready around the time he got off.

Then, I got the brilliant idea to prepare the sauce early. Said early sauce making involved taking the crumbled feta out of the fridge. Unbeknownst to me, either Ebon or I had not put the lid on it tightly and I wound up dropping the bottom, feta included, all over our kitchen floor. The top, sans feta, remained firmly in my hand. :blink:

Have you ever tried to clean damp crumbled cheese off of your kitchen floor? It's not pretty. Ebon was told to stay the Hell out of the kitchen (he's was on a 10 minute break) while I put dinner on hold and swept (as best I could) and then mopped the floor. Ebon was trying to come into the kitchen for a snack, so I popped some popcorn while trying to paper towel dry the part of the floor I needed to stand on to prepare dinner.

I wrung the mop and cleaned off the bottom of the broom as best I could and stored them back in the laundry room and then picked up where I left off. As I was cutting the plastic away from the filets, our small 'only for food items' kitchen shears broke. Luckily, I was able to chase the tiny lil bastid of a screw before it got into the disposal.

Then, when I needed to take the filets out of the oven to flip them, the pot holder was nowhere to be found and my kitchen towels are not thick enough for the broiler pan. So, I sneak into the living room and inquire (hiss) at Ebon softly (as he was on the phone with a customer) as to the location of the pot holder. I was nonchalantly notified that it was in the laundry room. WTF??? So, I run into the laundry room and find it inside the washer and manage to get the filets out of the oven and they are only slightly rubbery on one side. :blink:

I get them flipped and properly sauced and then I realize that there is not enough sauce. Dammit! So I whip up more sauce super fast and dump it on the remaining filets. Ebon wanted asparagus and we only had a little bit left in the jar, so I tossed them on the broiler pan and seasoned with veggie seasoning. Into the oven it went again.

I've been starting and stopping salads for us since the beginning and I'm able to finally finish them up and, as I'm dusting Ebon's salad with the pepper he likes, the top comes open more and WALA! Pepper salad. :blink:

So, I clean off the salad (thank goodness there wasn't dressing on it yet) and finish mine. Toss the dressing on and add forks and the salads are a go.

Grab some plates out of the dishwasher that finished running right before dinner and put the rice (oh, did I mention there was rice? no emergencies there though, for once) and a filet on a plate with four sad little asparagus spears for Ebon and told him dinner was ready.

He told me his lunch time slot was canceled. :blink:

:rant:

So, I brought it to him anyway since he was hungry and he could eat in between talking, but I was not happy about it.

In conclusion, we had broiled parmesan tilapia filets, jasmine rice, white asparagus spears, and dinner salads comprised of romaine, tomato, mushroom, seasoning and dressing (Balsamic and Basil Vinaigrette for Ebon and Caesar Vinaigrette for me).

By this time, I'm not really hungry anymore.

alilhoneybee 04-19-2011 03:42 PM

steamed artichokes with melted butter, grilled chicken breast with Italian dressing and salad

kannon 04-19-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alilhoneybee (Post 323312)
steamed artichokes with melted butter, grilled chicken breast with Italian dressing and salad

yummmmm....artichokes.

Medusa 04-19-2011 04:05 PM

I have a feeling that tonight for dinner we will be having tornadoes with a side of lightning. :|