Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Texas Forums (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   All About Austin (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22)

Arwen 11-01-2009 09:12 PM

All About Austin

So here is where we can all gather and share. Are you in Austin? Near Austin? Want to move to Austin? :) Want to visit Austin?

Jump on in!

cara 11-01-2009 10:19 PM

I've never been to Austin! What's it like?

*hugs*

cara

Arwen 11-02-2009 09:59 AM

Hey Cara! It's a great town. There's literally ALWAYS something to do (not that I do that much.) The BF crowd here is really tight. There are parties and game nights etc. We go out for dinner every now and again.

Climate is ...well...Texan. Blistering hot in the summer but gorgeous fall and spring. Winter can get chilly but never down in the really nasty cold.

And it's situated in a great spot. 1.5 hours to San Antonio. 3 hours to Dallas. 7 hours to New Orleans. You can get to the beach at Galveston in a few hours as well.

Museums, great food, parks, people and of course the music. If you are a music fan, Austin really is the live music capital of the world. :)

PinkieLee 11-02-2009 10:20 AM

Well, I must admit, I've been to Austin more times than I can count, I hella heart Austin and am so glad that it's only 3 1/2 from Houston!

Austin ~ great food, fabulous people, and always a rockin' time... and the cheap drink specials on 6th Street don't hurt at all :D

We must not ever forget BEVO and the University of Texas ~ where burnt orange runs through veins!

Not to mention, Austin is 30 minutes away from San Marcos.... which has the BEST outlet mall I've ever been too!

**my personal service announcement for Austin, and I don't even live there**

cara 11-02-2009 10:59 AM

wow! sounds great. i would not do well with the heat, but it sounds like a really cool place with a fab b-f community. :)

Diva 11-02-2009 06:00 PM

Hello from this Austin, Texas native....I got to The Planet as soon as I could! ;)

~Diva

Arwen 11-02-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkieLee (Post 66)
Well, I must admit, I've been to Austin more times than I can count, I hella heart Austin and am so glad that it's only 3 1/2 from Houston!

Austin ~ great food, fabulous people, and always a rockin' time... and the cheap drink specials on 6th Street don't hurt at all :D

We must not ever forget BEVO and the University of Texas ~ where burnt orange runs through veins!

Not to mention, Austin is 30 minutes away from San Marcos.... which has the BEST outlet mall I've ever been too!

**my personal service announcement for Austin, and I don't even live there**

Girl, I would so love to hit the outlet malls with you! I need a shopping guru and I LOVE your sense of style!

Arwen 11-04-2009 01:44 PM

Austin SUCKS? Really surprised to see Austin in the top FIVE toxic cities.

Puplove 11-04-2009 03:57 PM

I wasn't born on the BF Planet, but I got here as fast as I could.

Arwen 11-04-2009 04:22 PM

Okay, we need to get a certain other few Austin folk over here. :)

Mel C. 11-04-2009 10:23 PM

I've only visited, buuuuutttttt

Austin is a fabulous place with FABULOUS people! I haven't seen much of the city, but the Butch-Femme community there includes some of my favorite peeps on the planet (butchfemme and Earth) :D

shariberry 11-06-2009 12:12 PM

Some of my favorite people live in and have visited Austin. :)

Live music, BBQ, the Hill Country, Tex-Mex...I don't think I'll ever leave!

Mel C. 11-06-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shariberry (Post 1240)
... the Hill Country...

That probably isn't supposed to make me think about my favorite femmes and their.....umm....glorious peaks, but it does :o

shariberry 11-06-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mel (aka BlistexLez) (Post 1246)
That probably isn't supposed to make me think about my favorite femmes and their.....umm....glorious peaks, but it does :o

I think of beautiful country-side, you think of cleavage.
All is right with the world ;)

Arwen 11-06-2009 10:12 PM

A list of things I want to do in Austin :

1. See the bats.
2. Go to the LBJ Memorial Library
3. Go to the Oltorff (?) Statue Garden
4. Go to the Botanical Gardens
5. Listen to a live music show anywhere
6. Walk down 6th street and just absorb
7. Go antiquing in the Hill country
8. Go to Marble Falls

And that's just a start!

Mitmo01 11-06-2009 11:10 PM

i wanna go visit austin and eat and drink my way through it : ) wonder if my baby would be up for an eating,drinking and socializing tour sometime soon : )

blush 11-07-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkieLee (Post 66)

There's a new-ish outlet mall right here in Round Rock(kinda close to the Ikea). It's not as big as the San Marcos one, but the shops are good.

blush 11-07-2009 08:12 AM

One of my favorite things in Austin...

moonlight towers

shariberry 11-10-2009 10:22 AM

I have wanted to do this for years now:

http://www.austinsteamtrain.org/

Arwen 11-10-2009 10:35 AM

The Austin Farmers' Market Cookbook

For those of us who love to cook and love the Farmers' Market.

The Austin Farmers' Market Cookbook Needs YOUR Recipes & Stories - Be a Part of Local Food Lore!

Foodies, Farmers, Food Artisans & Chefs:
Austin Farmers' Market is producing a cookbook! We invite YOU to be an integral part of the project by contributing a recipe - or two - featuring local, seasonal ingredients from Austin Farmers' Market. Choose a recipe with a story - we want to know why you love it.

In the next 3 to 5 years, Sustainable Food Center will be undertaking a capital campaign to build a permanent site housing its programs. The Austin Farmers' Market Cookbook will raise funds to finally give SFC its very own home.

Visit austinfarmersmarketcookbook.com, where you can:

* Submit a recipe.
* Learn more about the mission of the book and plans for publishing.
* Fill out the online Help Form to let us know how you'd like to help with The Austin Farmers' Market Cookbook.

Contact us with questions, comments, or enthusiasm at afmcookbook@gmail.com. Now get cooking!
About Sustainable Food Center
With roots dating back more than 30 years, SFC is involved in every step of the local food system from seed to table. Our mission is to cultivate a healthy community by strengthening the local food system and improving access to nutritious, affordable food.

Contact Information
Susan Leibrock
Community Relations Director
Sustainable Food Center
512-236-0074 ext. 111