Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   How do you know when you are getting older? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2870)

Blade 02-25-2011 06:32 PM

How do you know when you are getting older?

Most of us are far enough along in life to realize "we aint gettin any younger, ya know". Lets have some fun with getting older.

How do you know when you are getting older?

Blade 02-25-2011 06:49 PM

When I wake up in the morning and my knees have more crackles than my hardwood floors.

Packin'Boi 02-25-2011 06:58 PM

When I sneeze and pee a little :|...really?

Jesse 02-25-2011 07:07 PM

Getting lucky means you find your car in the parking lot.

Gayla 02-25-2011 07:08 PM

When increasing the type size in my browser window no longer helps.

Bella~Vita 02-25-2011 07:14 PM

When I find myself getting stuck in certain positions ... it's not pretty .... :wtf:

princessbelle 02-25-2011 07:15 PM

My arms are shrinking.

It is the only answer to the problem of holding things to read at arms length, no longer works.

Blade 02-25-2011 07:21 PM

When you remember saying....when cigarettes get to $1 a pack I'm quitting.....LOL who remembers when smokes were under $1 a pack........ummmm how much are they now anyway?

Gayla 02-25-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 290584)
When you remember saying....when cigarettes get to $1 a pack I'm quitting.....LOL who remembers when smokes were under $1 a pack........ummmm how much are they now anyway?

When I started smoking, well, when I started buying smokes, I paid $11.50 a carton. Last week, I paid $63.

When I look in the mirror and see my mom looking back at me. :|

princessbelle 02-25-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

I can remember in high school, omg i'm really showing my age here, they were 75 cents a pack.

I really hate to admit i smoke on here.... (no hate mail please, they ARE still legal and YES i know what they do, i'm a respiratory nurse) but, my brand which is Virginia Slim extra slims are $5.60 a pack. Crazy huh.

Ok another one......

You know when you are getting old, when.....

putting your feet up on a stool at night helps with any swelling and pain and not just to admire your toenail polish.

Jesse 02-25-2011 07:32 PM

Lol! I was paying $52 for a carton. That was two months ago. I do not buy the damn things now, thankfully!

Quote:

Jesse 02-25-2011 07:33 PM

Ahem! Some of us can't get our feet up that high! lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessbelle (Post 290589)
I can remember in high school, omg i'm really showing my age here, they were 75 cents a pack.

I really hate to admit i smoke on here.... (no hate mail please, they ARE still legal and YES i know what they do, i'm a respiratory nurse) but, my brand which is Virginia Slim extra slims are $5.60 a pack. Crazy huh.

Ok another one......

You know when you are getting old, when.....

putting your feet up on a stool at night helps with any swelling and pain and not just to admire your toenail polish.

Blade 02-25-2011 07:34 PM

OH my goodness girl...I remember Daddy giving me $1 and sending me to the store for a pack of Salem's, a gallon of gas and a box of goobers for me.

Moving on.... pee and fart involuntarily at the same time you sneeze

Jesse 02-25-2011 07:36 PM

Ya start getting propositioned by AARP! What is up with these folks anyway? They started emailing and snail mailing me the year I turned 49 and they have yet to stop!

Blade 02-25-2011 07:38 PM

when you actually notice your own "smile lines".......Mom calls them wrinkles:sunglass: Of course I don't have any

Miss Scarlett 02-25-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 290594)
Ya start getting propositioned by AARP! What is up with these folks anyway? They started emailing and snail mailing me the year I turned 49 and they have yet to stop!

I got a kick out of it when they started sending me stuff. Mom used to call it "the Union" so I had to sign up...LOL

I love getting older...there are so many new things to experience and appreciate. I think my 50s are going to be the best years of my life...until my 60s....then 70s...

CherylNYC 02-25-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 290595)
when you actually notice your own "smile lines".......Mom calls them wrinkles:sunglass: Of course I don't have any

The Goddess lengthens our girlfriends' eyesight precisely BECAUSE there's no reason for them to see those lines in vivid detail. Our own eyesight is, of course, perfectly unaffected.

Jesse 02-25-2011 07:47 PM

How about when your aching joints predict the next weather pattern to roll in!

Spirit Dancer 02-25-2011 07:51 PM

When the doctor sounds like the mechanic....
you've got too much fluid in your joints:|

Spirit Dancer 02-25-2011 07:52 PM

The joy's of good food and good coffee
are now your enemy.

rlin 02-25-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gayla (Post 290587)
When I started smoking, well, when I started buying smokes, I paid $11.50 a carton. Last week, I paid $63.

When I look in the mirror and see my mom looking back at me. :|

(i see my grandma... spitting image...)

Corkey 02-25-2011 08:07 PM

Those little aches and pains have become screams of agony, and don't go away in a matter of minutes, if ever. When your best day was yesterday.
When you think your bladder is empty only to discover your error. When in the morning you use to open your eyes wide, but now are crusted and tearful.

Oh the joys of getting older.

All tongue in cheek, except when you can't find your teeth, or glasses, or cane.
:glasses:

Ami insists I inform everyone I have my own teeth.......

Blade 02-25-2011 08:31 PM

Grocery shopping requires.....reading labels...carbs, sugar,
4 or 5 different kinds of fat, calories from fat, sodium etc etc etc

Luv 02-25-2011 08:35 PM

When u remember when there were no home computers,cable tv, internet or cell phones. And you remember useing a rotary phone.

Blade 02-25-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv (Post 290637)
When u remember when there were no home computers,cable tv, internet or cell phones. And you remember useing a rotary phone.

and you only had to dial the last 4 numbers if you were in the same prefix....

Blade 02-25-2011 08:44 PM

when you walk through the mall and wonder if "those kids" mother actually let them leave the house like that

Luv 02-25-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 290645)
and you only had to dial the last 4 numbers if you were in the same prefix....

Do you remember when a "thong" was what we called flip flops ?

Blade 02-25-2011 08:48 PM

ya know you are getting older when you have 300 channels and nothing is on TV so you contemplate just going back to the ole 3 channel TV and throwing away the remote so you can get up to change the channels.....just for the exercise

JustJo 02-25-2011 08:50 PM

I know I'm getting older...when my doctor, my dentist and my boss are all younger than I am. :blink:

Blade 02-25-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustJo (Post 290652)
I know I'm getting older...when my doctor, my dentist and my boss are all younger than I am. :blink:

this might be a good thing....I am so tired of every Dr I go to for a few years retires and then I'm on the hunt again

JustJo 02-25-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 290654)
this might be a good thing....I am so tired of every Dr I go to for a few years retires and then I'm on the hunt again

Very true...and it can be hard to find a doc you like...

Also...I think gravity is having an unexpected effect over time...my boobs are getting smaller and my butt is getting bigger...could everything just be settling?

Jesse 02-25-2011 09:02 PM

It's tougher to lose weight, because over time your body and your fat have become really good friends.

girl_dee 02-25-2011 09:06 PM

when you call today's music, *noise*

well it is, damn kids today anyway.

Bella~Vita 02-25-2011 09:06 PM

God forbid I stay up past 1am ..I swear I pulled an all niter...

girl_dee 02-25-2011 09:07 PM

when you hear your old rock n roll rockin music on the Oldies Easy Listening station.

scootebaby 02-25-2011 09:17 PM

you know you are getting older when

...a late night is 11pm
...rolling over in bed sometimes requires assistance from ur partner
...your body no longer loves your favorite foods
...u bend over and someone has to help u get back up
...u fart and someone else has to tell u
...u find yourself referring to things as "back in my day"
...u have to cross ur legs or hold yourself when u sneeze or cough(or risk peeing on urself)

im sure there are a lot more,but it has been a 14 hr day and my brain is mush.

Jesse 02-25-2011 09:39 PM

You don't get liquored up at home, to save money, before going to a bar. Lol! We used to do this!!

Nina 02-25-2011 09:39 PM

Well...I pretty much say what I'm really thinking/feeling aloud and when I'm in public...I've lost a lot of the ability to keep it to myself...people look at me, often smiling or nodding in agreement...I tell them 'I can't help it, I'm an old lady'...that or 'it's the voices' :)

(the later I am just making up...the former is true and I'm proud!)

Corkey 02-25-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 290679)
You don't get liquored up at home, to save money, before going to a bar. Lol! We used to do this!!

No you just get liquored up at home and stay there, cause you forgot where the keys are.

rlin 02-25-2011 09:53 PM

no joke... i am from the country but still...

i knew folks in my day that lived in houses with no indoor plumbing... and hard packed dirt floors...
and i was talking the other day to my mom about kids today not understanding what it used to be like...