Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Lady GaGa was Robbed! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799)

Medusa 02-01-2010 11:29 AM

Lady GaGa was Robbed!

Last night, at the Grammys. She was robbed. I think she is one of the most original performers in decades and has the pipes, the REAL voice without all of the synth and reverb, to prove it.

Just_G 02-01-2010 11:32 AM

I completely agree with you on this one! That damn Taylor Swift canNOT sing!! My ears were bleeding when she was singing her little montage of songs...poor Stevie Nicks...how could they do that to her?!

I love me some Lady Gaga!!

Diva 02-01-2010 11:37 AM

If You know me at all, You know I am NOT a Taylor Swift fan with her nasally, silly, teenie~bopper voice............when I heard her with Stevie Nicks, my jaw dropped. It was so God~awful.

That she won Album of the Year is a travesty.

Lady Gaga took me a while, I must say. But what I do when I see someone like that is close my eyes and listen. And her voice ~ as Medusa said ~ is REAL. And her clothing is just icing.

Here's the good thing....as a voice teacher.....that little, tiny~whiney, unsupported voice of Taylor's will fade soon ~ there is no support to it. Lady Gaga? She'll be with us for quite some time.

Medusa 02-01-2010 11:43 AM

Jack has been trying to get me to like Taylor Swift for a while.
I have hated her pretty much since she first started making music. Her voice reminds me of scared little teen girls standing at microphones at school talent shoes. All warble, nasal, and closed mouthed.
:americanIdol:

Still, I GET why people like her. She has a sweetness about her, something untouched, and she plays guitar! I even like some of her songs but her live singing voice is fucking PAINFUL.
Its like she struggles to sing over the other guitars and drums around her.

When I saw Stevie Nicks singing backup with Taylor Swift, I viewed it as a sign of the Apocalypse. Ooooh, off to find the apocalypse thread.

NJFemmie 02-01-2010 11:50 AM

Taylor Swift is starting to get on my nerves now.

First Beyonce and now Lady GaGa.

She better not walk down any dark alleys.

Isadora 02-01-2010 12:02 PM

I agree. I love Gaga and I said to the boi (about Taylor's voice), wow she always sounds like a kid. Hys response is she is kid...the voice is weak but she had a hot guitar. LOL

Gaga and Elton John rocked!

cara 02-01-2010 12:11 PM

I saw Lady GaGa on SNL a few months ago. She was pretty good!

I like singers who can sound just as good live as they do recorded. I recently saw Boys II Men performing on one of those reality tv shows and I was thinking the un-tapped talent was so much better than they were.

Taylor Swift needs to learn to sing properly (i.e. use her diaphragm muscles) so her pitch isn't flat. I'm surprised she got Album of the Year. I didn't watch much of the Grammy's (it's not my cuppa), but heard Stevie Nicks was playing back-up for Taylor. WTF!? That's just backwards if you ask me.

:stillheart:

cara

Just_G 02-01-2010 12:58 PM

The one thing I love about Lady Gaga is that she loves her gays and is not afraid to thank them for their support or to dedicate whatever award she is winning, to her gays!

I think Taylor is so popular because she is so clean and school girlish...and not in the catholic school girl britney kind of way! She really tries to stay grounded and real. For me, she is all too goody goody...I like a little edge, or at least a good beat to dance to!

All of the moms on my FB page (that I went to school with) were all bitching about Beyonce grabbing herself and how they love that cute little Taylor Swift....GAG! Give me Beyonce ANY day over Taylor! I like 'em a little dirty! :winky:

Diva 02-01-2010 01:05 PM

I actually find her "fresh~as~a~daisy-ness" refreshing.....she's not the worldly type.

It's about the singing. The Grammy's are for music....not for preciousness.

Charming Texan 02-01-2010 01:14 PM

I think she won 2 awards last night, but I was hoping she would win one on air...

She won for best dance recording & best dance album or something or another.

It's the awards they pass out before the show begins.

Andrew, Jr. 02-01-2010 01:21 PM

I was shocked to see Stevie Nicks singing backup for Taylor Swift. That to me is like oil and water being mixed. Swift still lives with her parents. Oy. A billionaire-ous (sp?) and living at home. It makes no sense. She has no responsibility. :badscore:

I love Lady Gaga. I think her opening with Sir Elton John was awesome. That just was beyond fabulous. I really enjoy my Lady Gaga. She is truely a gem! :LGBTQFlag:

I also loved Pink's solo on the acrobat rope thingy. Stunning.
:musicnote:

The_Lady_Snow 02-01-2010 01:26 PM

Where was Kanye lastnight?????

That is all...

NJFemmie 02-01-2010 01:33 PM

.... at a Beyonce support group.

(He still can't get over that ....)

NJFemmie 02-01-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 42707)

It's about the singing. The Grammy's are for music....not for preciousness.

Precisely.

I have nothing against Taylor Swift ... I mean, she has a good recording voice, and even reminds me of one of my nieces...

however ....

I didn't think she was better than Beyonce - and I certainly don't think she should have topped Lady Ga Ga.

PinkieLee 02-01-2010 01:53 PM

I LOVE me some Lady GaGa! I love how theatrical she is. But, I must admit, my favorite is when she is just sitting at a piano singing. She has such power in her voice ~ Fuckin' fabulous!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3R3KqrJAI4"]YouTube- [HD] Lady GaGa - Paparazzi Acoustic Version (Live @ 95.8 Capital FM Radio)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDdERGpCqsI"]YouTube- Lady Gaga Bad Romance Live on The Ellen DeGeneres Show (HD)[/ame]

SassyLeo 02-01-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cara (Post 42676)
I saw Lady GaGa on SNL a few months ago. She was pretty good!

I like singers who can sound just as good live as they do recorded. I recently saw Boys II Men performing on one of those reality tv shows and I was thinking the un-tapped talent was so much better than they were.

Taylor Swift needs to learn to sing properly (i.e. use her diaphragm muscles) so her pitch isn't flat. I'm surprised she got Album of the Year. I didn't watch much of the Grammy's (it's not my cuppa), but heard Stevie Nicks was playing back-up for Taylor. WTF!? That's just backwards if you ask me.

:stillheart:

cara

This is exactly what I have been talking about today with my colleagues. She has pitch issues, she is off key, she is often flat. I get that she can play guitar and has that American Girl, sweet innocence about her.

But she is not a "singer".

And Album of the Year? Beating out Beyonce and Dave Matthews? Ugh.

And the worst part...what was Stevie Nicks thinking? It was the most excruciating thing to watch Taylor sing so badly and then Stevie Nicks with a tamourine and back-up vocals. No one, except Stevie Nicks, should EVER sing Rhiannon. Ever.

BullDog 02-01-2010 02:25 PM

I admire that Taylor Swift writes her own songs and seems down to earth, gracious and mature for her age. Very nice. But she can't sing!!! She is young, blonde and thin.

Bring on Stevie Nicks (I've only had a mad crush on her for about 30 years and she is as hot as ever), Beyonce, Lady Gaga and Pink!

The_Lady_Snow 02-01-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJFemmie (Post 42731)
.... at a Beyonce support group.

(He still can't get over that ....)

To bad he wasn't there to speak the truth...

Taylor over them really??

sheesh

NJFemmie 02-01-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow (Post 42780)
To bad he wasn't there to speak the truth...

Taylor over them really??

sheesh

I guess I just think Taylor is "ai-ight".
I like Beyonce and Ga Ga better.
*shrug*
oh and Stevie Nicks. ... and Pink. And that's all.
.. oh and Heart, (old) Van Halen... I'm gonna zip it now

Gemme 02-01-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJFemmie (Post 42660)
Taylor Swift is starting to get on my nerves now.

First Beyonce and now Lady GaGa.

She better not walk down any dark alleys.

Alright, Kanye. Simmah down now. Simmmah down. :blink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. (Post 42718)
I was shocked to see Stevie Nicks singing backup for Taylor Swift. That to me is like oil and water being mixed. Swift still lives with her parents. Oy. A billionaire-ous (sp?) and living at home. It makes no sense. She has no responsibility. :badscore:

I love Lady Gaga. I think her opening with Sir Elton John was awesome. That just was beyond fabulous. I really enjoy my Lady Gaga. She is truely a gem! :LGBTQFlag:

I also loved Pink's solo on the acrobat rope thingy. Stunning.
:musicnote:

Andrew, I respectfully disagree about Taylor living at home being an issue. I think it's great! Think of all the young girls who get a little bit of fame under their belt (Britney) and the unhealthy things that they do (Britney) because of it, like...oh, Britney? lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullDog (Post 42778)
I admire that Taylor Swift writes her own songs and seems down to earth, gracious and mature for her age. Very nice. But she can't sing!!! She is young, blonde and thin.

Bring on Stevie Nicks (I've only had a mad crush on her for about 30 years and she is as hot as ever), Beyonce, Lady Gaga and Pink!

I agree, Bully. Swift is a MUCH better songwriter than a performer.

I saw Lady Gaga on Oprah. I'd liked her music before that but I started to like HER, as a person, and I began to respect her performance art type quality more then. I still think she goes WAY over the edge some times, but I enjoy her much more now than before that show and I also think she was robbed.