Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What have you done for yourself today? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5284)

Gráinne 02-17-2013 11:32 AM

I showered, using my Paris L'Amour wash, lotion, powder and fragrance even if it is just Super Duper Clean-Up Day. And when I'm done with that, I might well get Chinese :).

KCBUTCH 02-17-2013 12:12 PM

relaxed with coffee
took a long walk with my dog
and got to mtg

StrongButch 02-17-2013 04:27 PM

Myself

Had a great day with my buddy K.

TheMerryFairy 02-17-2013 04:36 PM

I slept in, decided it was a day to be lazy and to only distract myself with projects or activites that I WANT to get out of the way.

Cooking, organizing and starting taxes are all on the list but it isn't being done in a manner that will stress me out. It's all very relaxed and I will do it as I please for tonight.

StrongButch 02-19-2013 08:17 AM

Done

1)Taking extra good care of myself.2) Saying no no no no.

willow 02-19-2013 08:31 AM

Self administered pedi/mani. Black glitter polish on the toes of my super pampered and polished feet and clear on fingers of my, slightly drier than I'd like, hands. Having my hands in water 50 times a day and the bitter cold, biting winter winds don't help with that. Got to get myself some better kitchen gloves..... (or wear the ones I have ALL THE TIME instead of when I take those extra few seconds...)

*After thought* probably more than 50 times a day and I am not a clean freak.
:blink:

Daktari 02-19-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willow (Post 751280)
Self administered pedi/mani. Black glitter polish on the toes of my super pampered and polished feet and clear on fingers of my, slightly drier than I'd like, hands. Having my hands in water 50 times a day and the bitter cold, biting winter winds don't help with that. Got to get myself some better kitchen gloves..... (or wear the ones I have ALL THE TIME instead of when I take those extra few seconds...)

*After thought* probably more than 50 times a day and I am not a clean freak.
:blink:

A home-made mix of something like cocoa butter, jojoba oil/wax and argan oil will fix those drier than you would like hands.

:chaplin:

willow 02-19-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daktari (Post 751307)
A home-made mix of something like cocoa butter, jojoba oil/wax and argan oil will fix those drier than you would like hands.

:chaplin:

In what proportions? Do you have a 'recipe'? Should I use Raw Natural Deodourised Cocoa Butter? (I've been googling)

I'd like to make a batch in time for my upcoming spa weekend 2nd/3rd March and gift jars of homemade hand cream to my two roomies. :)

Daktari 02-19-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willow (Post 751313)
In what proportions? Do you have a 'recipe'? :)

Proportions are according to preference. Experimentation is the key. I personally currently use a mix with the greater proportion being jojoba, then argan, then evening primrose, with meadowfoam oil as the least. I use this on my face and hands.

Another good method is to whisk a little of the oils into melted cocoa butter and allow it to set to get a 'hand bar' that you can carry in a suitable size tiny 'tupperware'.

The cocoa butter would be a great barrier when used regularly/frequently if you have your hands in water a lot.

Add a little blissful ylang ylang and yer cookin' wit' gas!! :winky:

Daktari 02-19-2013 09:57 AM

Ebay is your friend of cocoa butter. I don't think I've necessarily bothered with the deoderised stuff before. Food grade cocoa butter is what you're looking for.

In UK this the website I've recently discovered and can highly recommend their products and service.
http://www.naturallythinking.com/

willow 02-19-2013 10:23 AM

Thank you for the link! At a quick glance and I can see they sell pretty much everything I could possibly need to make my hand cream. And, reasonably priced too.

Better dust off my cauldron. :)

http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticon...gif?1292867565

Daktari 02-19-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willow (Post 751333)
Thank you for the link! At a quick glance and I can see they sell pretty much everything I could possibly need to make my hand cream. And, reasonably priced too.

Better dust off my cauldron. :)

http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticon...gif?1292867565

Yup they do have it all. I buy their packaging too.

Can I recommend that you have utensils dedicated to making such products.

If you want a creamy texture for hands then look at shea butter or possibly mango butter.
I've always had a bit of a problem with mixing oils and butters. Sometimes they seem to granulate but I'm not sure why. One day I'll work it out. It's why I tend to work solely with oils nowadays and just have the odd pure cocoa butter 'muffins' for hands (yup, I really do set them in a mini muffin tin).

ps. with the link. Unless you're paying for next day delivery or some such I recommend choosing the cheapest of the postage options, it doesn't seem to make a difference to how quickly it arrives unless you pay scads more. Also found that orders made later in the working week seem to arrive more quickly for some reason...that's my experience anyway.

willow 02-19-2013 10:49 AM

I can't imagine wanting anything badly enough to pay scads more for delivery, ever. :blink:

starryeyes 02-19-2013 10:52 AM

I was *brutally* honest with my roommate this morning, something I usually am not. I would rather run from confrontation but she had me so mad, I had to let her have it. It feels good to have that off my chest!!!!

Daktari 02-19-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willow (Post 751350)
I can't imagine wanting anything badly enough to pay scads more for delivery, ever. :blink:

Aye, me too. :cheesy:

Bleu 02-19-2013 04:20 PM

Had a lovely time here http://www.oaklandsmuseum.org with a lovely friend.

Soft*Silver 02-19-2013 04:23 PM

I have turned the lights off and am hiding in my chair..today was HORRIBLE! I am protecting myself from the rest of the day!

TheMerryFairy 02-19-2013 04:27 PM

I turned up the radio in the car and just let it all out! I also made myself a good lunch and took a few minutes on my break to sit back with a magazine and a cup of tea.

Hollylane 03-10-2013 10:16 PM

I just deleted Chefville from my FB. There are too many other things I could be doing for myself, and I can find other ways to unwind from work.

For example, after taking care of the pets, and home chores, I could unwind with a glass of wine and a good book.

TheMerryFairy 03-11-2013 12:29 AM

I got up, did some work around my space to feel decluttered, organized and calm, made myself a nice meal, motivated myself into working for awhile and then I relaxed!!!!

I even spent time with my friends without multi tasking *laughs*