Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Twinkle toes ... dancing for joy (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5620)

lusciouskiwi 09-07-2012 03:22 PM

Twinkle toes ... dancing for joy

I love dancing although I've danced very little in the last few years. I don't know how to dance formally and I'm no (insert dancer of choice) but I love moving to music. How about you? How do you dance?

in a club with your darling or friends?
will you get up on the dance floor alone?
do you do any kind of formal dance?
do you like dance movies and what's your favourite?
do you have a dance style that clears the floor?
do you go to dance classes?

if these are your dance moves at the Reunion, well ...

And it's not always about being young and being able to do the latest sexy moves ...

lusciouskiwi 09-07-2012 03:31 PM

A few suggestions ...

of dance moves NOT to bust out from a young British guy ...

lusciouskiwi 09-07-2012 03:38 PM

Don't try this at home ...

Some lesbian movie dance scenes ...

Lesbian ballroom dancing chanpions...

tango ...

aishah 09-07-2012 03:52 PM

your last video isn't showing up for me :( but i love this thread!!! :D thank you for starting it.

i love dancing. all kinds. i studied ballet, jazz, and lyrical for several years (my high school had a free dance program, it was AMAZING and i took it as electives in college). i still do it in my living room or perform every now and then, but mostly nowadays i just dance at the club (and even then it's somewhat rare due to access/mobility issues and not really having folks to go out with...i think i've gone out only once in the last year, so the reunion will be awesome to have a space to dance!).

i love dancing alone, in a group, or line dancing! my favorite kind of music to dance to is hip hop, but i'll dance to almost anything. i've never learned ballroom dancing but i'd love to try. and i'm totally not shy about dancing by myself. i don't take classes anymore but i practice a lot at home and just dance for fun.

i love ALL the dance movies because i think it's fun to watch the choreography.

lusciouskiwi 09-07-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aishah (Post 649024)
your last video isn't showing up for me :( but i love this thread!!! :D thank you for starting it.

i love dancing. all kinds. i studied ballet, jazz, and lyrical for several years (my high school had a free dance program, it was AMAZING and i took it as electives in college). i still do it in my living room or perform every now and then, but mostly nowadays i just dance at the club (and even then it's somewhat rare due to access/mobility issues and not really having folks to go out with...i think i've gone out only once in the last year, so the reunion will be awesome to have a space to dance!).

i love dancing alone, in a group, or line dancing! my favorite kind of music to dance to is hip hop, but i'll dance to almost anything. i've never learned ballroom dancing but i'd love to try. and i'm totally not shy about dancing by myself. i don't take classes anymore but i practice a lot at home and just dance for fun.

i love ALL the dance movies because i think it's fun to watch the choreography.

Yeah! Glad you responded! I took that clip out - don't know why it didn't show up.

What are some of your favourite dance movies?

I tried a ballet class for beginners at uni but dropped out because it really wasn't for beginners. I took salsa classes for a short while in Seoul. I got a flyer for dance classes in my letterbox a wee while ago, just have to double check I know the location and thought I'd go and check them out.

I can't imagine wanting to dance but not being able to because of pain or mobility. :((

aishah 09-07-2012 04:19 PM

with most environments it's more about the accessibility of the environment...like, if i go to a bar or a club will i be able to put my cane and/or drink down to dance, will i have a place to sit when i need to rest, is there a wall or a bar nearby that i can lean on if i have to, do i have a way to get there/home if it's super late, etc. that's one of the reasons i loved queer prom at the university i went to, because it was a safe space to dance access-wise, and one of the reasons i'm excited about the reunion. i usually only go out to bars or clubs with friends who understand my access needs. i used to go to karaoke regularly when i lived in virginia and the bartender knew me so well that it wasn't an issue. but with new places it's always an issue. i'm also reluctant to sign up for dance classes not knowing the environment at the places here, but there are some community dance classes and the arts center offers scholarships so i'm thinking of giving that a shot.

i have progressed to having to take MANY more breaks over the years, and i can't do some moves...like i can't do a lot of the more advanced lyrical moves i used to be able to do, and i can't do pointe anymore. but i can still dance and do most of the things i've always done and i still enjoy it :) just at a different pace/intensity.

i hope those classes work out for you! :)

lusciouskiwi 09-07-2012 04:42 PM

I'll keep you posted. :)

I'm sure your dance card will be overflowing at the reunion!

Now, if only we could get some more twinkle toes in here ...