Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   And how are you feeling? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7815)

Esme nha Maire 08-27-2019 08:26 AM

A little brighter for hauling my arse out of my flat and treating myself a little, earlier. I'm OK, but have been feeling somewhat meh and rather demotivated for a while now, which results in my spending too much time sat in front of my computer playing games and watching videos and suchlike. Eventually I start feeling eyestrain, headachey and over-tired despite sleeping lots, and thats when I know I have to break the cycle.

So today, I wandered into the "village" (at the time of WW2, apparently, this place was still a village - it's long since been engulfed as the city expanded) to just pootle around the shops, see if there's anything affordable I might like in the charity shops, then - a VERY rare treat - take myself to the local Italian restaurant for dinner.

My word, it's hot out today! I hate days like this , as it means that by the time I get home I'll be drenched in sweat. But it was good to be out of the flat for a while, and looking at things more than a few feet away, and I did find a floral top labelled 100% cotton that looks OK on me going really cheap, so that was a win.

Best of all was sitting in the restaurant facing away from the window. They play Italian easy-listening music there, and the staff are Italian, too, so with a smidge of imagination, I could kid myself that the traffic outside was Lambretta scooters dodging the Fiats and Alfa Romeo's and an occasional Ferrari. Closest I'll ever come to a holiday in Italy!

The food was excellent and the prices very reasonable, by modern standards, and the service superb, as ever. For an hour and a bit, the only thing that could've made me happier would have been to have my dinner interrupted by a nice lass with a twinkle in her eye asking if I'd mind if she joined me...

It did me good, and there's a storm forecast for this afternoon. I hope we get a nice lightning show with it!

GeorgiaMa'am 08-27-2019 02:29 PM

Feeling a little "swampy", as the weather here is quite humid. Even the indoor a/c can't completely counter the dampness in the air.

I had planned to stay inside all day today, but I had to go out to get a prescription filled instead. I thought about stopping by The Avenue while I waited for my script to be filled, but decided against it; I already did that last week and saw everything they had. I spent some money there, and came home and did some more shopping online. I had to use up a gift card online because they would no longer take it in the store. So today while I was waiting, I went to DQ for a turtle Blizzard instead.

I got up this morning at 7:04 am (4 minutes late) to make my FastPass reservations for Disney World in October. Today was the first day that I could make reservations for rides. I was very pleased that I was able to get passes for even the very-hard-to-get attractions without too much trouble. Everything fit into my schedule. I made reservations for boarding Tiny Dog yesterday, who has had all her vaccinations, so now my vacation is all set and I don't have anything else to do but pack and show up.

I took yesterday and today off, so I am pretty well rested, and will head in to work tomorrow morning. I have things to do at work, but nothing pressing (that I know of), so I don't have to worry about that. All I have to do now is hold it together until the upcoming 3-day weekend.

FireSignFemme 08-27-2019 09:45 PM

All things considered, what with moving and all, pretty darn good.

Chad 08-28-2019 12:10 PM

Feeling

Happy, life is good to me.

:cowboy:

JDeere 08-28-2019 04:44 PM

Icky... Got a sinus infection.

RockOn 08-28-2019 10:07 PM

Orema ...

How did you hurt your wrist? I am thinking it is the wrist you had surgery on. Am I right? I am so sorry you are in pain. I can really sympathize with you about that. Hope you will be able to catch up on rest and the pain will go away very soon.

Big Hugs!

Mopsie 08-29-2019 04:02 AM

I'm feeling like maybe I should start going to work in a hazmat suit. I think I caught the stomach virus that's been going around. And I'm pretty annoyed about it cuz I've been taking extra vitamins and washing my hands like crazy all week. *Grumpy*

Orema 08-29-2019 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockOn (Post 1251727)
How did you hurt your wrist? I am thinking it is the wrist you had surgery on. Am I right? I am so sorry you are in pain. I can really sympathize with you about that. Hope you will be able to catch up on rest and the pain will go away very soon.

Big Hugs!

Thank you, Rocks, and right back atcha. I am doing so good. It was a minor relapse from trying to pick up something heavy. I don’t even need the wrist brace or aspirin anymore. Lucky me and thanks again. :)

Tuff Stuff 08-29-2019 05:39 AM

Super...of course I'll need four more cups of strong black coffee to feel alive. :chasingzombie:

Orema 08-29-2019 04:42 PM

Good. I have the next four days off. It’s not the week I was hoping for, but it beats a blank.

Gemme 08-29-2019 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mopsie (Post 1251742)
I'm feeling like maybe I should start going to work in a hazmat suit. I think I caught the stomach virus that's been going around. And I'm pretty annoyed about it cuz I've been taking extra vitamins and washing my hands like crazy all week. *Grumpy*

Last winter, I took Airborne every day through the whole winter and I never. got. sick. It was awesome! I prefer the chewables (I like the orange better than the berry) cuz I can just chomp on them while making breakfast but I absolutely stand behind the product. Even before I started taking it regularly, if I didn't get enough sleep or a coworker was sick, I'd take a big dose of it and be right as rain.

Obviously, this is in conjunction with washing and sanitizing your hands and using Clorox wipes for all communal surfaces and coughing and sneezing into one's elbow instead of the air, et cetera so on and so forth. That stuff can linger in the same spot up to 3 hours!!!

clay 08-30-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 1251784)
Last winter, I took Airborne every day through the whole winter and I never. got. sick. It was awesome! I prefer the chewables (I like the orange better than the berry) cuz I can just chomp on them while making breakfast but I absolutely stand behind the product. Even before I started taking it regularly, if I didn't get enough sleep or a coworker was sick, I'd take a big dose of it and be right as rain.

Obviously, this is in conjunction with washing and sanitizing your hands and using Clorox wipes for all communal surfaces and coughing and sneezing into one's elbow instead of the air, et cetera so on and so forth. That stuff can linger in the same spot up to 3 hours!!!

A sneeze has millions of tiny, microscopic "goblet cells" that spray out into the air! These are what folks pass through immediately after OR hours after, inhale unknowingly, and breathe those same goblet cells into their own nose...here comes the "sickies". THAT is why we suggest to sneeze into a shirt sleeve, hankie, OR elbow. Still wash hands afterwards. Thank you & please?!

RebelDyke 08-30-2019 05:50 PM

Well, following a HUGE storm from last night, (like cellphones are down and internet is still spotty), the building i teach in sustained heavy damages. Like maintenance is still surveying damages and no one knows if we will continue teaching our classes there. We also still had our meeting in that building today, and people were saying it smelled "fishy".

Move forward.. i don't know if it was the power of suggestion or something but now I don't feel so hot. throat is scratchy and swollen, and I'm exhausted but cannot sleep.

I am trying to finish this letter for a student, but am finding it hard to concentrate. It does not help that the renters upstairs are being sooooo loud and playing with their two dobes. ugh. take me away now please.

Kätzchen 08-30-2019 09:58 PM

I had some major dental work done today and my mouth is pretty sore still. Other than the usual body pains and aches (which can be overwhelming some days, lol - or not), I kind of want to say I'm welcoming feelings of rest and inviting some irresistible joy to stay around, for a while. Heaven knows there's so much bad stuff going on in the world, right now.

I just want a little slice of heaven on earth.

To coexist peacefully and watch for more amazing sunsets and shooting stars.

Chad 08-31-2019 08:18 AM

Feeling

I feel good, still recovering from shoulder surgery but I feel like I am healing.

:cowboy:

Gemme 08-31-2019 09:24 PM

I feel tired, as I should since I've been short on sleep, but I can't turn my brain off just yet so hopefully that will happen soon. I'm not one of those folks who can go to bed and eventually fall asleep. If I'm not sleepy, I won't fall asleep.

JDeere 08-31-2019 11:14 PM

Tired...worn out...stressed...etc

FireSignFemme 09-01-2019 04:31 AM

Great! My kids are right, I do need to take my medication. How do I know? Simple, it's a helluva lot easier to get along with myself when I do. So imagine how wonderful it must be for them. I bet if they were awake right now and I looked out my window, I'd see them doing handsprings down main street what for their joy.

RockOn 09-01-2019 08:59 AM

extremely well today
:)

kittygrrl 09-01-2019 02:52 PM

a little sleepy .. ..