Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dating, Marriage, Family (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   What do people think about speed dating? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2065)

MysticOceansFL 09-20-2010 08:26 AM

What do people think about speed dating?

I've done the speed dating thing one time and wasn't really impressed with it but wanted to know what others thought about it!

MaggieBluIze 09-20-2010 08:54 AM

I did it at the Reunion and LOVED it!!
Of course, I kept hoping I could have more time, but still had so much fun with what time I was given with each and every person I was blessed enough to share that special time with. :)

MysticOceansFL 09-20-2010 01:01 PM

Thank you Ms MaggieBlues!!!

lipstixgal 09-20-2010 01:04 PM

I've never done it but willing to try if the opportunity arises!!

Gemme 09-20-2010 01:15 PM

It's a tool in the art of dating and it has its place.

MysticOceansFL 10-01-2010 06:45 AM

I wanted to thank everyone that posted on this thread and it has helpped me with the feed back I hope others will also voice thier opinions as well! Thank you again !

Kobi 10-01-2010 08:07 AM

I cant say that I understand the rationale for the speed dating concept. To me, it is a reflection on our short attention spans, pursuit for efficiency, and time management obsession.

Dating, to me, is investing the time getting to know someone. It is a time to savor, an energy to share, commonalities to find, differences to explore, adventures to take.

To me, it is settling for a big mac when what you really want is beef wellington.

Glenn 10-01-2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobi (Post 201026)
I cant say that I understand the rationale for the speed dating concept. To me, it is a reflection on our short attention spans, pursuit for efficiency, and time management obsession.

Dating, to me, is investing the time getting to know someone. It is a time to savor, an energy to share, commonalities to find, differences to explore, adventures to take.

To me, it is settling for a big mac when what you really want is beef wellington.

Winner. Thread Over.

Deborah* 10-03-2017 06:54 PM

I've never done it, but have watched videos of it online.
I think it would be a way to sample many women, and ask those important questions you have. I think it could separate the good from the bad, especially if you have good intuition.

Deborah

JDeere 10-03-2017 07:12 PM

Not for me thanks. I prefer taking the time to truly get to know someone before a date of any sort.

Martina 10-03-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDeere (Post 1172635)
Not for me thanks. I prefer taking the time to truly get to know someone before a date of any sort.

If you'd just get that Hello Kitty tattoo, women would be coming up to you on the street, handing you their numbers. Just saying.

Lyte 10-03-2017 07:33 PM

I've never speed dated before. It could be a hoot! I'm game! :koolaid:

BullDog 10-03-2017 07:36 PM

It sounds like an oxymoron to me and makes me feel like taking a nap. But more power to those who enjoy it!

CherryWine 10-03-2017 07:42 PM

If I were more extroverted, I would consider it. It seems like a fun way to meet potential "real" dates.

However, I am super duper introverted and pretty sure I'd suck at it. :)

Lyte 10-03-2017 07:49 PM

Quite! I wouldn't consider speed dating to be akin to real dating. Seems like it could be a step up from just going to a place with lesbians with the hopes of striking up a conversation. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryWine (Post 1172651)
If I were more extroverted, I would consider it. It seems like a fun way to meet potential "real" dates.

JDeere 10-03-2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martina (Post 1172642)
If you'd just get that Hello Kitty tattoo, women would be coming up to you on the street, handing you their numbers. Just saying.

Bahahaha whatever! No HK tat for me.

Deborah* 10-04-2017 01:29 PM

Quote:

I think the idea of speed dating may be to sample many women, ask the questions, use intuition and if by chance one of them makes it through this screening process, then exchange phone numbers.

I've never done it, but I think it would be a way to screen and get to the winners, to have a greater chance of dating someone who could be a match. Just my opinion.

Deborah

Teddybear 10-04-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryWine (Post 1172651)

i so totally agree.

I am shy until I get to know someone then I open up to them

Deborah* 10-04-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

After screening through speed dating, a person could exchange phone numbers from those who are the best choice. At that point you could get to know that person better before deciding if it's someone you should date. I just think the idea of speed dating can give you a screening tool.

Would I do speed dating? Maybe, if it was an option where I lived and I was interested in being in a relationship.

I do know from mistakes in my past that it's important to do a screening process and not just based on appearances.

Deborah

JDeere 10-15-2017 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah* (Post 1172790)
After screening through speed dating, a person could exchange phone numbers from those who are the best choice. At that point you could get to know that person better before deciding if it's someone you should date. I just think the idea of speed dating can give you a screening tool.

Would I do speed dating? Maybe, if it was an option where I lived and I was interested in being in a relationship.

I do know from mistakes in my past that it's important to do a screening process and not just based on appearances.

Deborah

People are quick to give out numbers, etc these days and communication has fallen down the tubes. Speeding date is too quick and I need a lot of time to truly get to know someone and in person.