Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Quotes, Poems, & Sayings... (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111)

BestButchBoy 05-07-2010 02:58 PM

"Jane, you ignorant slut." - Dan Aykroyd

BestButchBoy 05-07-2010 04:36 PM

"If you continue to give, you'll continue to have." ~ Fortune Cookie

[Glad I'm such a giver. Ha!]

Jet 05-07-2010 05:07 PM

Courage is grace under pressure. —Ernest Hemingway

Massive 05-07-2010 07:11 PM

"So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." - John 8:7

Butterbean 05-07-2010 11:08 PM

Let your love be like the misty rains, coming softly, but flooding the river.

~Malagasy Proverb

moxie 05-07-2010 11:52 PM

“There are two big forces at work, external and internal. We have very little control over external forces such as tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, disasters, illness and pain. What really matters is the internal force. How do I respond to those disasters? Over that I have complete control.” - Leo F. Buscaglia

redrose 05-08-2010 03:47 AM

Love is strong yet delicate.
It can be broken.
To truly love is to understand this.
To be in love is to respect this.

- Stephen Packer -
(f)

BestButchBoy 05-08-2010 03:56 AM

Your choices are made in every moment, in every word, in every thought and in every action. Those choices are driven by what you focus upon.

The life you live is the life you choose to most vividly and consistently imagine. Imagine the best, without ceasing, and that's exactly what you'll have.

~ Ralph Marston

JakeTulane 05-08-2010 06:11 AM

"Before you agree to do anything that might add even the smallest amount of stress to your life, ask yourself: What is my truest intention? Give yourself time to let a yes resound within you. When it's right, I guarantee that your entire body will feel it." - Oprah Winfrey

JakeTulane 05-08-2010 06:12 AM

"You can make those promises with just as much passion the second time around. Such is the regenerative power of the human heart" - Marion Wink

JakeTulane 05-08-2010 06:13 AM

"Assumptions are the termites of relationships." - Henry Winkler.

Diva 05-08-2010 07:52 AM

My daughter is moving home to live with me tomorrow...she's been in Michigan. I'm beside myself with joy! So....of COURSE the Austin crew is meeting up at a local Hamburgery to welcome her here Tuesday night, and for the festivities, I have written her a poem (of sorts).....

Took You long enough to get here,
precious baby girl of mine!
Consider Yourself lucky
that there's not a hefty fine!
I always say that patience is a virtue
('k, maybe not)
I'm just glad You're home with me
in Austin, where it's hot.
Some say we've come full circle,
It's the way it's meant to be;
I'm just happy now
that You can do all my chores for me!
Cheap labor never looked so good ~
Wouldn't You agree?
She has enough of Mommy's genes,
And yes! She even sings!
So welcome, Erin Parker Hall,
I'm glad You're finally here!!!
I've missed You, oh, so much, You know,
And these are happy tears!

~Mom

Andrew, Jr. 05-08-2010 11:34 AM

"Failure is not an option." Susan B. Anthony

"Some folks never exaggerate - they just remember big." Audrey Snead

Massive 05-08-2010 02:00 PM

You know you've found love
when you look in their eyes
and find yourself.

- Monique Patton -

Her Presence

To gaze upon my love,
Is to feel completely at ease.
I run my fingers through her hair,
And it smells of a warm breeze.

We stand in a timeless moment,
Together in a tight embrace.
Motionless in the night's air,
Observing every detail of her face.

The strength of her beauty,
Has command over my will
We spend every moment we can,
And yet, can never get our fill.

Her personality seals the deal.
I shall remain with her forever.
I make a pact with my self this night,
To never lose this treasure.

- Joshua Stone -

The best things in life
can never be kept;
They must be given away.
A Smile, a Kiss, and Love

- Tony Farrar -

:stillheart:
:bunchflowers:
:love1:

The_Lady_Snow 05-08-2010 02:46 PM

— Marilyn Monroe

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

always2late 05-08-2010 03:46 PM

It takes a real storm in the average person's life to make her realize how much worrying she has done over the squalls. - Unknown

apretty 05-08-2010 04:28 PM

the master's tools will never dismantle the master's house -audre lorde

you sit in the barbershop long enough--you're gonna get your haircut. --sam's dad to sam when sam was 17 and already having a hard time staying away from the booze, women and the law. i believe he's mostly straightened out since HS, he's got a wife now and 3 kids.

sam's mom, on the other hand, was less direct--when the cops came to the door one morning at 3 am to report that they'd found the remains of sam's truck that he'd set fire to (intentionally) earlier that evening, she was said to have explain to the the policemen, 'it's not sam, it's the alcohol!'

daisygrrl 05-08-2010 04:54 PM

George from "Dead Like Me"

I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law. So you see my dilemma.

This is where I felt it the first time. The universe was cocking the fuck-with-me gun.

Mister Bent 05-08-2010 09:38 PM

clicky

"The earth? Oh, the earth will be gone in just a few seconds."